+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Redneck Island -CMT

Redneck Island -CMT

started tonight ..but so far the best part is the Host...the one and only stone cold steve austin
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: Redneck Island -CMT

I love Stone Cold but I don't think this is going to last. I haven't watched it (yet), but my hopes are already not high. I might like it, but still.

I loved how he treated the contestants like crap on the reality show WWE Tough Enough. Haha.
    He probably can't do the same thing on this show however .

I taped it and watched the first show tonight. I had to laugh when Stone Cold told the contestants to haul a$$ during the challenge. Somehow, I can't imagine Jeff Probst doing that!

I think I'm going to like this show. The set up cracks me up -- I don't know if CMT is poking fun at rednecks or not, but it's like watching my family on a competition show! The beer can ballots and the golden outhouse had me giggling. For the most part, everyone seems likable and down to earth except Eric. What a buffoon. (Of course, you knew he was going to be the outcast when he said, "I'm not a redneck". Then why are you on REDNECK Island, you doof???) The fact that two contestants went home before the end of the first episode because of medical problems worries me a bit, though. These guys work and play pretty hard!
    mom2 likes this.

Yep, I'm watching this one for kicks and laughs.

Loved how Bobo drank the beer, belched and voted.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I was watching it with my girlfriend and she was like, "There no way he makes it past the vote!" I was telling her... "No way that Eric is going home... He is the protagonist." I was sure that the producers were busy telling the others... "You better vote the strongest guy off now, you can always get the votes to send the jerk home". So I was wrong about the way that it happened but I knew that he would stay.

I don't think he is smart enough to use this knowledge (how they voted) for his benefit. He will be posturing and questioning all of them and make himself TWICE the pain-in-the-butt that he is now. Somehow, his team will win or he will get individual immunity for another episode or two. We will all enjoy seeing him finally sent away in two or three weeks!

Here's an afterthought....

You know what twist I would REALLY like to see one season that would really help this type of "Teams/competition/immunity/vote off" show? I would like them to pick new teams EVERY week. Then the losing team still has to vote out one of its members but the voters/voting majority could change every week and no one could feel TRULY safe unless they won immunity.

It would be really cool to not know until the contest was ready to start who would be on the teams.
    mom2 likes this.

[QUOTE=scoot13;4493510]Here's an afterthought....

You know what twist I would REALLY like to see one season that would really help this type of "Teams/competition/immunity/vote off" show? I would like them to pick new teams EVERY week. Then the losing team still has to vote out one of its members but the voters/voting majority could change every week and no one could feel TRULY safe unless they won immunity.

That's one of the things I like about "Around the World in 80 Plates". They've switched up the teams on almost every challenge. That way, they can vary the size of the teams and who is partnered together.

Nice twist on Survivor. Amazing to watch Eric lose everyone's respect and possibly the game all in the first episode.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Rats Eric got saved because Adam Sullins went home. Dislocated Shoulder. Didn't Steve say he could come back?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast