+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Breaking Pointe (CW)

Who is John Galt?

Re: Breaking Pointe (CW)

I love Adam as a boss. He is the kind of boss I would have liked (although I was not a ballet dancer). He is kind, considerate, thoughtful and interested in his dancers. Of course, he may just be acting like that for the cameras, but if not, his dancers are lucky to have him as their mentor and boss. It is too bad Ian was let go and the little jerk, Zack, was kept - ewww!! Although Ian has to grow into his limbs and gain some weight. He is so gangly that he looks strange dancing - kind of like a preying mantis. Allison definitely chose the wrong guy - but love isn't always logical. Christiana and her husband - there is more to that story. What we see is her indifference and hostility toward him and there must be a reason why even though it isn't evident to us.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I see Allison as jumping back and forth between men. When she had Rex, she didn't want him. Now that she has Jonathan, she seems to be back to wanting Rex. I think she is a beautiful dancer, but not too good at relationships. Rex should be careful about what he might be getting back into.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Just when you thought Zach couldn't be more annoying..... Did he really think those photographs he had taken were going to make him look like a professional ballet dancer - a masculine one? Most of them looked like he was auditioning to be one of Lady Gaga's back-up dancers. Very few of those pics looked usable at all.

Apparently he also needs to learn some lessons about winning gracefully. I really felt for Ian when Zach was telling everyone in the studio about getting a contract. He's so insensitive. I can only imagine how he would have reacted had Ian gotten the contract and behaved that way. Of course, Ian wouldn't have done that because he's more mature. Of course he has reason to be happy about getting the job, but there's a way to do that without being so insensitive.

I just can't see how Zach's going to have much of a career beyond small character roles. I think Ian has much more potential.

Obviously, there's A LOT we're not being shown with respect to Chris and Christianna's marriage. I feel for him because he clearly still really loves her. He seems like he'd be more than open to working on the marriage. Of course, we don't know what actually happened, but it doesn't seem like there's a third party involved. It just feels like him spending too much time on work and her feeling neglected.

That mole on the tip of Beckanne's nose is so distracting. I can hardly focus on what she's saying sometimes. Cool that she was able to go back to her ballet school and take Katie. Boy, as soon as Katie moved away, the show wasn't interested in Ronald anymore. He's sometimes in the background in group scenes, but that's about it. I'd much rather see more of him than have to put up with Zach.
    Florimel and Imperfect1 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

LOL, totally agree with everything you said Critical, to the point that I was, in my head, saying ditto about how ANNOYING and horrible Zach is, and ditto about Chris and Christiana, and ditto about the mole on Beckanne's nose --- which at first I thought was a little freckle, but it is actually a mole. Speaking of Beckanne, that huge photograph/poster of her dancing was absolutely breathtaking and stunning. I wish they'd show more of her dancing this season. She is such a joy to watch --- as opposed to the focus on Christiana's dancing which is just painful to watch right now. (Well, after the previews of her injury, I guess that has become literal --- and I do hope her injury is temporary.)

I'm also getting really annoyed with Allison's self involvement. She clearly is a "grass is greener on the other side of the fence" girl. She's unhappy with Rex when she has him, until she breaks his heart, and then she's complaining about Jonathan, but wait... she's apparently not quite through with Rex --- or Jonathan. I would SO love to see Rex fall for some adoring young lady who would love to be with him --- but at the very least, he should run as fast as he can away from Allison!!! And then there's the issue of does Allison wants to retire to be with Jonathan or does she wants to dance. Boo hoo! She may be a gifted dancer, but she is such a difficult, tightly wound person.
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey

I finally watched an episode of this show this season. I enjoyed it. What type of injury does Ronnie have? What type of problem is Christiana having with her marriage? When Allison talked to Jonathan, he didn't sound as if he was at all interested in her. Chrisitana wisely said to Allison, "The people who want to be with you, will be with you at every turn."

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I finally watched an episode of this show this season. I enjoyed it. What type of injury does Ronnie have? What type of problem is Christiana having with her marriage? When Allison talked to Jonathan, he didn't sound as if he was at all interested in her. Chrisitana wisely said to Allison, "The people who want to be with you, will be with you at every turn."
    Ronnie has a broken foot. Rex has an ankle injury. It is apparently healing very slowly. Christiana?...We don't know what their problems are. It has never been revealed. All we know for sure is that Christiana is very unhappy. Chris seems to love her but it's all a huge question mark.

Last night my heart broke for Allison. What a jerk Jonathon is. She sent him a ticket, but he could not be bothered to come. Nor did he bother to call her and explain why he wasn't coming. Run, Allison, run! If you give up your dreams for him, the rest of your life will not be a partnership but rather you always bending to his wishes and what he wants. Jonathon's wants will always be more important than what YOU want.
    Last edited by Photobabe; 09-03-2013 at 08:51 AM.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

FORT Fogey

Allison can't see the forest for the trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    Ronnie has a broken foot. Rex has an ankle injury. It is apparently healing very slowly. Christiana?...We don't know what their problems are. It has never been revealed. All we know for sure is that Christiana is very unhappy. Chris seems to love her but it's all a huge question mark.

Last night my heart broke for Allison. What a jerk Jonathon is. She sent him a ticket, but he could not be bothered to come. Nor did he bother to call her and explain why he wasn't coming. Run, Allison, run! If you give up your dreams for him, the rest of your life will not be a partnership but rather you always bending to his wishes and what he wants. Jonathon's wants will always be more important than what YOU want.
    I got the sense from the beginning that Allison was more invested in the relationship than Jonathan is. If someone asks you to give up the thing you love the most, then they don't really love you. Christiana is right - if someone loves you, they'll do what they have to do to be there. I loved her reaction when Allison told her that Jonathan wasn't even at work when he was a no-show for opening night. I think Allison, like many woman, just hoped that Jonathan would be better than he is. I totally get it. Rex isn't perfect either, but he's definitely more supportive than Jonathan and he obviously understands that part of her life.

I do feel for Christiana, but I also think she needs to grow up a bit. The whole "we don't speak at work" thing is just immature. Poor Christopher, standing here just trying to express sympathy and concern about her ankle and he hits a brick wall of silence. You don't have to discuss your relationship issues, but you can still do the surface/chatty stuff. I think the silence is making their problems more conspicuous to the rest of the company than if they just talked about work at work. If any couple was ripe for couples therapy, its the two of them. Obviously, Chris knows that he neglected her and seems willing to set things right. I hope she gives it a chance. It's obvious they still love each other. Of course, this is all based on what they've showed us, so who knows what the truth is?

Poor Ian. He worked so hard to make his last performance with Ballet West a good one. I know he'll do fine at his new company, but that's got to be frustrating. He busted his butt and then it all goes down the tubes in dress rehearsal.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I did a bit of research and found that Ian got a job with a ballet company in Sarasota Fl. I liked him a whole lot better than Zack!
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I saw the interview with him a while back when he got the contract in Sarasota. I think he'll do well there. He certainly has more long term potential than Zach does.
    Florimel, Arielflies and Photobabe like this.

+ Reply to Thread