+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Breaking Pointe (CW)

Re: Breaking Pointe (CW)

Oh my word! All I can say is thank goodness for fast forward!! Who is this obnoxious Zach person and how do I get him to go away? Seriously? All that crying, whining, drama and it had nothing to do with him! It took me about 5 seconds to decide that I never wanted to hear him speaking again. My FF button got a work out.

I didn't mind so much the talking for this first epi, I figured it was them just setting the tone/scene for those who are new viewers.

I hope now that this is out of the way that the next episode will be more dancing.

It looks like they replacement the nonsense of Alison (?) / Rex from last season with Beckanne/Chase this season. I also didn't like this implied marital issues with Christianne/Christian (not sure of the spellings).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Shhhhh.......I haven't watched it yet! I was really hoping for dancing though. Why can't they just show a dance show? Reading blogs, other forums, and reviews there seems to be an interest in a show that illustrates the highs and lows of being a dancer without the drama and relationships.
    Just a reminder that it's not a spoiler if the show has already aired on the East coast. If you don't want to be spoiled you need to stay out of the thread until after you've watched.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Oh my word! All I can say is thank goodness for fast forward!! Who is this obnoxious Zach person and how do I get him to go away? Seriously? All that crying, whining, drama and it had nothing to do with him! It took me about 5 seconds to decide that I never wanted to hear him speaking again. My FF button got a work out.

I didn't mind so much the talking for this first epi, I figured it was them just setting the tone/scene for those who are new viewers.

I hope now that this is out of the way that the next episode will be more dancing.

It looks like they replacement the nonsense of Alison (?) / Rex from last season with Beckanne/Chase this season. I also didn't like this implied marital issues with Christianne/Christian (not sure of the spellings).
    about Zach! I agree with everything you said about him and more. He has no concept of MYOB. Why Chase, who seems relatively okay, would choose him as a friend is beyond me. Fast forwarding through Zach's tantrums is my way to go.

I didn't like Ronnie last year, but I do feel sorry for him now. That foot looks very bad and the prognosis seems to be on the dire side. I hope he is smart enough to follow medical instructions to the letter.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Yeah, they need to remove Zach from the equation. He's got me NOT liking the show. There's enough drama without his nonsense. Why he felt like what went on between Beckanne and Chase had ANYTHING to do with him, I don't know.

The girls are talking about how great Allison's boyfriend is and yet, he gave her an ultimatum to quit dance and come live with him. Doesn't sound too wonderful to me. He sounds selfish and controlling. Any man who gave me an ultimatum to quit my job - and ballet is MUCH more than just a job - would be shown the door.

This isn't the show to watch if you want to see a lot of dancing. It's on the CW, after all. If you want a reality show with A LOT of dancing, find last season's A Chance to Dance from Ovation.

The member of the company whose parents own the studio I danced at for many years is still a member of Ballet West. In the scenes where the various potential leads for Cinderella are learning their parts, he was wearing a red shirt. Cool to see someone I "know" doing well.
    Last edited by Critical; 07-23-2013 at 07:06 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Who is John Galt?

Agree, Agree!!! That Zach creature ruins the show for me. He has a boyfriend, why can't his friend Chase have a girlfriend? He is a busybody and very very irritating. I would feel the same about him if I were Beckanne. Good for Chase for choosing her over that idiot Zach (although why he would have to - I mean the relationships are different). Zach probably has a crush on him but because of the difference in their sexual orientations he has to settle for "just friends", but that doesn't give Zach any reason to be so possessive. I liked Ronnie last season and feel bad for him. Yeah, he is brash and rough around the edges, but he is a guy guy and reminds me a little of Patrick Swayze - very masculine in a genre that is often thought of as feminine (except in Russia, of course). I hope he gets better and can return to dance. He is the best dancer of the males - hands down IMO.
    Florimel and Imperfect1 like this.

Wow, Allison's boyfriend is kind of a jerk. All this time and he hasn't gone to SLC to see her dance? What's that about?

If I could dance she was she does and was blessed with that body, there's no way I would quit, especially because some man gave me an ultimatum.

I feel like there is more to the Allison/Jonathon situation, the same way they misrepresented the Allison/Rex situation last season. He did say that he has 3.5 more years of his residency to complete, so it's not like he can just up and move to where she is. I can't really fault him for being sick of the long distance relationship. I think Allison is a drama Queen and plays things up for the "oh, poor, sweet Allison..." response. She is a mess, she was a mess with Rex and now with Jonathon. I am not a fan of her personality but I love her dancing.

Speaking of manufactured drama - what is up with the Chris's? Seriously, that just feels so fake! Suddenly she has a problem with him and he doesn't know what it is and she won't talk to him about it? What? Are they in middle school? Act like grown adults, talk about it, and keep it out of your jobs.

I was so-so on Ronnie last season and pretty much couldn't stand Rex. Funny how a change in editing this season has made me like them.

Beckanne has become such a pretty little ballerina princess, hasn't she?

Still can't stand Zach.

Adore Joshua, more of him please!

(PS. I like being spoiled otherwise I wouldn't read the comments before seeing the show. I was playing when I made that comment, sorry if that wasn't conveyed. I thought it was obvious that I was playing because I was posting in here. Again, sorry for the confusion.)
    Florimel and Imperfect1 like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I agree with everything in your post, Harmony, especially about Allison. Yes, she is a beautiful dancer, but she is incredibly selfish in her relationships, last year with Rex, this year with Jonathan, who has a lifelong career in the making. I've been fully expecting her to "change her mind" about quitting since the first episode.

I loved Beckanne last year and liked the say she stood up to Zach early this season, but I'm liking her less now. She seems to be petulant about not getting the role she wanted and is not willing to work as hard as she did last season. I think she's an excellent dancer and hope that she can turn it around. If not, it may be time for her to go elsewhere.

I didn't like Ronnie at all last season and I'm indifferent to him this season other than I really sympathize with the gravity of his injury and how bad it could have been. I kind of did like Rex last season and still do. I hope he'll be able to perform the prince in Cinderella.

Can't stand Zach at all and I'm hoping Michael will get the contract instead of him.

I like Joshua very much. He has so much to overcome with his hip hop background and he works so hard and is so dedicated. I do understand what Adam said about not wanting Joshua to appear foolish in the Napoleon role.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I agree with everything in your post, Harmony, especially about Allison. Yes, she is a beautiful dancer, but she is incredibly selfish in her relationships, last year with Rex, this year with Jonathan, who has a lifelong career in the making. I've been fully expecting her to "change her mind" about quitting since the first episode.

I loved Beckanne last year and liked the say she stood up to Zach early this season, but I'm liking her less now. She seems to be petulant about not getting the role she wanted and is not willing to work as hard as she did last season. I think she's an excellent dancer and hope that she can turn it around. If not, it may be time for her to go elsewhere.

I didn't like Ronnie at all last season and I'm indifferent to him this season other than I really sympathize with the gravity of his injury and how bad it could have been. I kind of did like Rex last season and still do. I hope he'll be able to perform the prince in Cinderella.

Can't stand Zach at all and I'm hoping Michael will get the contract instead of him.

I like Joshua very much. He has so much to overcome with his hip hop background and he works so hard and is so dedicated. I do understand what Adam said about not wanting Joshua to appear foolish in the Napoleon role.
    I think you mean Ian.

I still like Allison and I can understand her reticence to quit dancing. As someone who would have given anything to be born with a ballet body and more talent than I had, if I could dance like Allison, I can't imagine quitting in the same situation. I mean, I wasn't nearly as talented as Allison, but I still remember the feeling when your feet are just under you and everything goes perfectly. It's like nothing else in the world. A ballet career is so short and it's obvious that Allison is still improving. It seems to me like Allison is making all the compromises in the relationship. For me, the fact that Jonathan hasn't come to SLC to see her perform is a big red flag. Maybe he knows that, if he actually saw her dance and saw how good she is, it would be harder to keep pressuring her to quit.

I really felt for Joshua too. While I appreciate Adam's position, I still felt bad for Josh. Frankly, Napoleon seems like the perfect role for Zach. He's such an idiot. His behavior in that rehearsal was just embarrassing. I can't imagine why Adam would even consider hiring him. Plus, his height means that he's not going to be a very versatile dancer.

I feel for Beckanne, but she clearly needs to learn that she isn't going to be handed every role she wants on a silver platter. She needs to put in some hard work and toil away at less desirable roles for a season or two. She's a beautiful dancer, but she's very young.
    Photobabe likes this.

Yes, I keep getting Michael and Ian mixed up. I meant the two that are in the Ballet 2 company and are competing for the one open spot in Ballet West.

+ Reply to Thread