+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Breaking Pointe (CW)

Re: Breaking Pointe (CW)

Quote Originally Posted by TheIrishEyes View Post
    The thing Allison did that ticked me off was at the end, when Rex was still upset and was leaving the building, she walked out of her door and saw him leaving down the hallway, and she did this sort of shrug/wave gesture as if to indicate to the others in her dressing room "whatever, I don't feel like dealing with him"

I was glad Rex recovered from his fall and had a great performance.
    My feeling about Allison not going to Rex is that she knows him well enough to know that he didn't want to be around people right then, so she was giving him his space. She looked exasperated, but I don't think she didn't care.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Who is John Galt?

I love this show because I love dancing. I actually like Ronnie's muscular masculinity when he dances. He is a strong, dynamic dancer and better than Rex IMO. Yeh, Ronnie is a bit of an egotistical show-off and I enjoy looking at him more than listening to him, but he CAN dance. Allison is a b**ch and treats Rex terribly. I would love to see him dump her and find someone who appreciates a nice guy like him. Her whining is irritating and I would like the show to focus on other dancers rather than this selfish woman.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think Allison is a beautiful dancer, she just needs to get out of her head. I can identify with her in so many ways - I often let my emotions take over, and I know I did that at times when I was dancing. That being said, I think she would really benefit from the help of a sports psychologist. She's got the talent, but her head is getting in her way. I was so glad she did well with Emeralds.

I really felt for her when the composer still didn't get the tempo right with her Paquita solo. The dancers backstage were cringing too. Maybe that was part of Adam's test for her, but I thought it was really unfair. The music was SO slow.

Ronnie's solo in Paquita was good, but he's not a dancer I enjoy watching. I think it's because he's so muscular that he seems almost constricted by his physique. He's not elegant to watch.

I was disappointed that we didn't get to see Rex do the Paquita solo. It would have been nice to have that comparison.
    Me, too! I was really looking forward to seeing it!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I have to say I strongly dislike the focus that's been on Rex and Allison's "relationship". I'd rather see the intricacies of the dancing relationships and rehearsals rather than the same "talk" every single episode.
    Florimel and Coco46 like this.

The Rex-Allison stuff doesn't bother me as much as it bothers some. I do think that's where it becomes obvious that this show is on the CW.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I have to say I strongly dislike the focus that's been on Rex and Allison's "relationship". I'd rather see the intricacies of the dancing relationships and rehearsals rather than the same "talk" every single episode.
    Yea I am with you on this. At first I really liked this show but if I wanted to watch relationship drama I could have just stuck with Real Housewives. I doubt I would watch a second season if the sole focus was on relationship & not on ballet.
    Jezebella likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Next week - which I think may be the finale - the drama seems to be coming from Christiana. It will be a nice change from watching Allison be the center of attention.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I thought this was a good analysis of the show and of ballet companies, in general: Kimberly Peterson: Ballet Dancers: Special, But Expendable....

Interesting article, Critical, and I agree with a lot of it, though I disagree with some of it. Most ballet companies are as competitive as this one and the dancers all know what is in store for them. Ballet has been modernized to a degree; we see a lot more innovation than in earlier times, but I never want to lose the beauty of the standard ballets we are so familiar with.

If anyone has not seen the movie, The Turning Point with Shirley MacLaine, Anne Bancroft, Misha Baryshnkove, and Leslie Brpwme, I whole-heartedly recommend it as one of the best ballet films I've seen. Even James Mitchell (Palmer Courtland on AMC) is in it, though he no longer dances.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

CCL

So Katie did end up leaving Ballet West...I was waiting for the last-minute call but she put on her facebook that she will be with Ballet Idaho next year.
    I was expecting Christiana's husband to mention something about children at the dinner and then he instead talked about her putting pressure on herself to perform. I would think it would be an issue, maybe not immediately but down the road a bit - I know she's in her thirties.
    Ugh at Alison going to Rex's house at the end. I'd like a second season (for Beckanne. And follow Katie, too and the other Tilton brother) but do not want more of the Alison-Rex nonsense.
    canadian_angel likes this.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread