+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Breaking Pointe (CW)

CCL

Re: Breaking Pointe (CW)

Katie could still be gone. The list on the website is probably old...Beckanne is listed as an artist, for example, when wasn't she made a Demi-soloist? They promo the show a lot on the website so I wouldn't be surprised if there was an agreement not to make any changes to the dancer page until after the show finishes airing (I believe there are two episodes left). Though I would be thrilled if there is a twist and Katie gets re-hired....she seems like a sweetheart.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I wouldn't be surprised if they agreed not to change the site or put our any press releases. I searched all over and couldn't find any reference to Katie at another company either. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places It sounds like her fate is being kept under wraps.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I finally had a chance to watch these episodes and agree with most that wish they would stay away from the private love angles of the dancers and more with the dancing aspect. I guess, though, that their private lives do seem to interfere with their work at times.

Really don't understand Allison and her whinnying. It's a wonder she doesn't have a nervous breakdown. She would be exasperating to work and dance with.

Ronnie is my least favorite dancer on this show. He really is not that graceful. I don't understand why they didn't give Rex the lead character in Paquita. He is a much better dancer. Ronnie has presence on the stage if he just stands there (big, blond), but the minute he starts to dance, that's it for me.
    Florimel likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they agreed not to change the site or put our any press releases. I searched all over and couldn't find any reference to Katie at another company either. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places It sounds like her fate is being kept under wraps.
    I hope they tell us by the end of the season. I know the dancers have been campaigning on twitter for a second season but I don't know if that is a possibility or not.
    Ronnie is a bit of an idiot but I liked how he handled the conductor/tempo issues vis a vis Alison.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Katie said on her Twitter that we would have to wait and see what happens with her, so I think that means they'll reveal her fate by the end of the season. There are only 2 more episodes, so we don't have too long to wait! I hope they do more episodes of the show either with Ballet West or another company.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Katie said on her Twitter that we would have to wait and see what happens with her, so I think that means they'll reveal her fate by the end of the season. There are only 2 more episodes, so we don't have too long to wait! I hope they do more episodes of the show either with Ballet West or another company.
    Me, too! I'm really enjoying this show!
    Florimel likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I've been dvr'ing this show and fast forwarding thru the parts where Allison is whiny and needs to be the center of attention . . . . which is pretty much any time she's in front of the camera.

What Rex sees in her is beyond me. I want Ronnie to be a sweetheart who just looks egotistical and smarmy on the outside, but I am pretty sure that dream bubble has already burst.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I think Allison is a beautiful dancer, she just needs to get out of her head. I can identify with her in so many ways - I often let my emotions take over, and I know I did that at times when I was dancing. That being said, I think she would really benefit from the help of a sports psychologist. She's got the talent, but her head is getting in her way. I was so glad she did well with Emeralds.

I really felt for her when the composer still didn't get the tempo right with her Paquita solo. The dancers backstage were cringing too. Maybe that was part of Adam's test for her, but I thought it was really unfair. The music was SO slow.

Ronnie's solo in Paquita was good, but he's not a dancer I enjoy watching. I think it's because he's so muscular that he seems almost constricted by his physique. He's not elegant to watch.

I was disappointed that we didn't get to see Rex do the Paquita solo. It would have been nice to have that comparison.

dancing through life TheIrishEyes's Avatar

The thing Allison did that ticked me off was at the end, when Rex was still upset and was leaving the building, she walked out of her door and saw him leaving down the hallway, and she did this sort of shrug/wave gesture as if to indicate to the others in her dressing room "whatever, I don't feel like dealing with him"

I was glad Rex recovered from his fall and had a great performance.

The description for next week's episode isays, "Season Finale," which gives me some hope for another season at some point. I hope that's the case.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread