+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Breaking Pointe (CW)

Re: Breaking Pointe (CW)

I found another ballet documentary on YouTube, for my fellow ballet nerds! Tonight I watched Strictly Bolshoi, a film made by the Balletboyz, about Christopher Wheeldon. Wheeldon was with the Royal Ballet and then NYC Ballet, but now has his own company. He's known for his contemporary choreography and his organic, collaborative style. The documentary follows him as he choreographs a new ballet at the Bolshoi. The film covers it start to finish. From his arrival at the Bolshoi where he and the dancers learn to work together all the way to the premiere performance. The last 30 minutes or so are just the performance of the ballet. Really good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXSqObTHvEs

Re: Ballet West: the official site has the cast lists for Sleeping Beauty - there are four casts. It's nice to see Beckanne getting better parts. In two casts she does Princess Aurora (well, she splits the shows in one cast).

I'm still bummed they didn't renew this show. I wanted to see how they all progressed.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I found another ballet documentary on YouTube, for my fellow ballet nerds! Tonight I watched Strictly Bolshoi, a film made by the Balletboyz, about Christopher Wheeldon. Wheeldon was with the Royal Ballet and then NYC Ballet, but now has his own company. He's known for his contemporary choreography and his organic, collaborative style. The documentary follows him as he choreographs a new ballet at the Bolshoi. The film covers it start to finish. From his arrival at the Bolshoi where he and the dancers learn to work together all the way to the premiere performance. The last 30 minutes or so are just the performance of the ballet. Really good stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXSqObTHvEs

Re: Ballet West: the official site has the cast lists for Sleeping Beauty - there are four casts. It's nice to see Beckanne getting better parts. In two casts she does Princess Aurora (well, she splits the shows in one cast).

I'm still bummed they didn't renew this show. I wanted to see how they all progressed.
    Thanks, Critical. This is one I really want to see. I'm also bummed that this show wasn't renewed.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

CCL

Has anyone watched Dance Academy on Netflix? It's a fictional Australian show set ...here comes a shocker...at a dance academy. Wonder if it's worth checking out?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread