+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Breaking Pointe (CW)

Re: Breaking Pointe (CW)

I loved that show.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Sad news. I think they focused too much on the dancer's personal lives & not enough on the dancing itself. IMHO it was painful to watch a couples' marriage implode.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

What a damned shame! Guess I'm back to having nothing at all to watch on CW. It'll be one fewer channel to schedule for DVR.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Sad news. I think they focused too much on the dancer's personal lives & not enough on the dancing itself. IMHO it was painful to watch a couples' marriage implode.
    Unfortunately, I think the personal life stuff is what probably kept a lot of viewers (although clearly not enough) watching the show. Maybe it would have been different if the series had been on another network, but on the CW that is all it was ever going to be. Maybe Fox would have done a better job
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Unfortunately, I think the personal life stuff is what probably kept a lot of viewers (although clearly not enough) watching the show. Maybe it would have been different if the series had been on another network, but on the CW that is all it was ever going to be. Maybe Fox would have done a better job
    I'm definitely one of the viewers that loved the back-stories and personal stories of the people on the show. Interestly, that is what originally drew me in to the show --- because I've never been a ballet fan. BUT little by little, through the show, I started to appreciate ballet and learn a bit about it, and eventually came to really enjoy it a lot. I'm so sad that the show is off the air.
    Florimel likes this.

I know that BP has been cancelled and that many of you who love dancing are upset. If you want to watch an interesting ballet documentary on the Young American Grand Prix, the world's most prestigious ballet competition for youth from the ages of 9-18 (I believe that's the range), then watch First Position on Netflix, Instant Play. There are some very talented young dancers in the wings.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I've seen it, Coco and loved it, but then I love ballet.

As Imperfect mentioned above, any show that can encourage people to at least look at ballet (or opera) is great by me.
    Imperfect1 and Coco46 like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I loved Chance to Dance last season on Ovation, but NO ONE watched it. It was pretty much nothing but dance. There are those of us who would love to watch a dance show without all the silly personal drama, but apparently we're in the minority.
    Coco46 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm pretty sure Ovation is still not available Cox. Wish it was.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Time Warner Cable (in the mid-west) just added Ovation to its lineup.

+ Reply to Thread