+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Breaking Pointe (CW)

FORT Fan

Re: Breaking Pointe (CW)

I thought the phone call from Allison to Jonathan was so sad. He hardly even asked about how her performance went that night....let alone even considered the possibility of attending. I wonder if the whole being a part of a TV show is part of his problem. He seems like a very quiet, almost shy guy; at least from the little they've shown of him. Probably not. I guess it's bc of Rex.

I, too, loved Christiana's reaction when she learned Jonathan had the day off and still didn't come! Hopefully that'll give Allison something to think about.
    Last edited by sunnydayz; 09-05-2013 at 01:10 PM.

I don't "get" the Rex excuse. After all, Allison was going to give up dancing and move to Detroit to be with Jonathon, making Jonathon the "winner". So why would being around Rex for a very brief time be a deal breaker for him? Nope, bottom line is he didn't consider Allison important enough to go out of his way for her. He's a jerk. He needs to find a woman who has no career and no interest in life other than making him happy. I hope Alison gets over him quickly and completely.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I think Jonathan probably felt threatened - even if the relationship wasn't that serious - because Rex has that bond with Allison through ballet that Jonathan will never understand or share with her. He handled it in a completely terrible way though. IMO, ultimatums are NEVER the way to go. Even if you get your way in the short term, the person will end up resenting you for it later. It's good that Allison is seeing this now rather than after she quit and moved to Detroit for him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I do not think Jonathan is a jerk. I just think they each want a different type of relationship and they are not suited for each other. Isn't he studying medicine? If so, that's as stressful and as time consuming as her ballet. I don't fault either of them for wanting what they want and I don't see that relationship lasting regardless of his decision or hers.

It all reminds me of the film, "Turning Point." One ballerina (Shirley MacLaine's character) gave up her career for marriage and a family as did her husband. Her only real regret was not knowing how far she might have gone if she hadn't made that choice. The other ballerina (Anne Bancroft's character) gave up everything else for her career and became enormouslly successfull. Her only regret now that she's at the end of the career is that she has no one and nothing else meaningful in her life. I do love that movie, which also starred, Mikhail Baryshnikov, Leslie Browne, and James Mitchell, and Tom Skerritt.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

On the topic of Christiana/Chris
    Click to see Spoiler:
    , they are divorced. The paperwork is viewed on the courthouse site, I saw it myself after following a link. It was either filed or finalized (I'm not sure of the terminology used) March of this year so shortly after Cinderella would have finished.

I feel for them, it must be incredibly awkward having to work so closely together and the filming when they had already filed or had separated must have been painful as well.

I'm thinking that Jonathon/Allison were in the same boat, already split up when this was being filmed and it's why things are so tense and awkward. They are just "acting" out the spit for the show.

Cannot stand Zach, whomever said he always looks like he smelled something foul nailed his expression.
    Last edited by Critical; 09-06-2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Added spoiler tags as this has not happened on this show yet!
    Florimel and Imperfect1 like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    On the topic of Christiana/Chris
    Click to see Spoiler:
    , they are divorced. The paperwork is viewed on the courthouse site, I saw it myself after following a link. It was either filed or finalized (I'm not sure of the terminology used) March of this year so shortly after Cinderella would have finished.
    I feel for them, it must be incredibly awkward having to work so closely together and the filming when they had already filed or had separated must have been painful as well.
    I could be totally wrong about this, but when Christiana said that she felt that she was just not a priority for Chris right now --- that coupled with the fact that she is SOOOOOO mad at him and sooooo UPSET and TEARFUL about him--- leads me to believe that he cheated on her. I have no evidence of this, and we'll probably never know, but I really believe when a man evokes that kind of reaction from a woman, he's done something pretty despicable, like cheating on her.

I'm sorry! I'm usually very careful with spoilers I just thought that since it was easily obtainable public information that it wasn't a spoiler.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fan

Loved this latest episode. The Cinderella performance looked absolutely beautiful. I would have loved to see more of it.

The scenes between Josh and his mom had me tearing up. They were so sweet together.

I just barely started watching this season and am only a couple of shows into it. But I'm wondering Beckanne has changed a bunch or just got a better edit last time around. She's coming across more like Allyson came across last year--difficult, petulant, and manipulative. Zach's a pain in the butt, but so is she!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I could be totally wrong about this, but when Christiana said that she felt that she was just not a priority for Chris right now --- that coupled with the fact that she is SOOOOOO mad at him and sooooo UPSET and TEARFUL about him--- leads me to believe that he cheated on her. I have no evidence of this, and we'll probably never know, but I really believe when a man evokes that kind of reaction from a woman, he's done something pretty despicable, like cheating on her.
    I haven't seen that at all. I think they just did grow apart. I think he was sadder about their breakup than she was by the end, but realized that he had to let her go. She wanted to be his first priority and was distressed by his commitment to his two roles with Ballet West as dancer and directory of Ballet 2, which consumed two much of his time.

They are still both at Ballet West, so perhaps they'll get back together again in the future. Who knows?

MissGriss, No spoilers, but I thought the same about Beckanne early in the season, but changed my mind as it progressed.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread