+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Dogs in the City (CBS Wed 8 P.M.)

Dogs in the City (CBS Wed 8 P.M.)

Dogs In The City - CBS.com

Justin Silver trains dogs in New York City; or as he says, he trains owners of dogs.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: Dogs in the City (CBS Wed 8 P.M.)

Cutie Justin presents three scenarios in the first episode - the new wife, the agressive co-dependent and is Rosie too fat? No, Rosie, for a Burmese female, is not too fat, but the vet tells them she needs to get more calories at home, not from the street. Justin trains the young daughter how to keep Rosie from picking up food off the sidewalk.

The new wife has to cope with an overindulged skateboarding bulldog. Justin shows the husband how to train away the dog's separation anxiety and the wife how to walk Beefy. The agressive dog goes to work in a small office with its owner and becomes protective of her with lunging and biting. Justin showed her how set a line that only she can cross if she insists on bringing the dog to work.

A dog whisperer type of show where, of course, it's the owners who need the training; but it does take place in a city setting and production values are really good - did I mention Justin is drool worthy?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Sounds like a Cesar Millan wannabe.

Not really. He is in NYC, but his take on training is probably similar. I think the venue and the problems that causes is what will separate this show.

I loved this guy! I thought the way he spoke to the owners was right on! Some things he said resonated with both of us. I wish he could come and train our dogs, or is that train me

He's hot!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Loved this show! I was expecting a Dog Whisperer wannabe too, but this guy knows his stuff IMO. Of course, most of what he says is very similar to what Cesar Milan would say. He just words it differently. And that's okay.

I think the market was ready for a show like this on main network tv. Cesar could have done it, but for some reason he chose not to. The last I saw of the Dog Whisperer it was on the National Geographic channel. The shows have been reruns for a long time. Why he has not put out new episodes, I don't understand. It's unfortunate, but his absence created a nitch for this new guy. I hope the show does well, because they are sooooooooooooo many people with dog issues. It's worrisome to the pet owner and annoying to those around them.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I love how this guy tackles to owners . Plus as I said before he's hot I adore his accent
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I didn't get to see the entire episode, but what I saw I enjoyed.
    I've never seen Cesar Milan and his show.
    I did love that this show was set in NYC. I'm originally from the EC and Justin sounds like a lot of my relatives who live there.
    The show seemed very down to earth and Justin showed good common sense.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I enjoyed Justin. We have a similar philosophy on dog training and I appreciated that he confronted that one woman about having that dog at her job which was attacking people. That was just not ok and a huge liability and a pet peeve of mine. People bring their bitey dogs everywhere and then act like they're entitled to do it. I want to shake them and go, "Dude there are some places a dog like that can't go."

I hate those "leashes" that retract as well. And I wish he would have expounded on why those are a poor choice. I still see entirely too many people attempting to use those things. And I liked how he got rid of that harness on the one dog too to be replaced by a collar to walk. I would like to see more of his explanations on that rather that something like him repetitively showing how to get over separation anxiety.

Untrained dogs is a huge pet peeve of mine.
    Debb70 likes this.

I love me some dogs, but for some reason, I was not crazy about this show. Maybe it was because I didn't find the featured dogs particularly loveable. I am going to give this show another try this week. We will see

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast