+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: American Ninja Warrior

American Ninja Warrior

If there's a thread for this I apologize and ask it be blended in to the original one.

NBC is airing this show, which now is making a stop in America. The Ninja Warrior challenge features these extreme challenges in an obstacle course to reach a mountain. There have only been three people who have competed (out of at least 1,000, maybe more) who have completed the challenge. None of the winners are American.

They're currently showing the regional qualifiers, and it looks like "American Gladiators" on steroids a bit and crossed a little with "Kenchi's Mountain" (I think that's the show they used for "Extreme Elimination Challenge" parodies).

Of note, they had "Frosti" from Survivor compete and he qualified for the final competition.

It's worth watching, though it's obvious it's more of a special unless they're keeping the main challenge here. If they have an American complete it (or several) they will win a prize of $500,000.

Re: America Ninja Warrior

I'm a big fan of the original show but was unable to watch the show last night. My husband did. He said it wasn't bad. Some of the later stage challenges from the original are in the first stage here. That is pretty tough.
    mom2 likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I watched it last night and actually really enjoyed it. Preferred it over The Bachelorette.

To the Point

We are suckers for shows of this type in our house. I enjoyed watching.

FORT Newbie

The challange was brutal. So much upper body strenth is needed, I got out of winded just watching them!! Very impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by sparklete View Post
    I watched it last night and actually really enjoyed it. Preferred it over The Bachelorette.
    I think there is a lot better on then The Bachelorette... no offense to those who like it, but I think the franchise is slowing down....

Quote Originally Posted by BreeBrit View Post
    The challange was brutal. So much upper body strenth is needed, I got out of winded just watching them!! Very impressive!
    Watching the original I always thought you had to have amazing upper body strength but a lighter more compact lower body.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I'm a big fan of the original show but was unable to watch the show last night. My husband did. He said it wasn't bad. Some of the later stage challenges from the original are in the first stage here. That is pretty tough.
    I think for the Americans, that is a good thing. While it did take out that 53 year old athlete (who was so gracious win, lose or draw), I like the idea because if they can go through the tougher ones now, they'll be better prepared for the major competition.

I really liked that one fellow who they showed his viral video for -that was just simply amazing and beautiful in his artistry.

I'm not sure which version I have watched in the past but I think the one I watched had more obstacles in general and they seemed harder (maybe I was catching the major competition). But for the most part I liked watching this last night. Was interested in the parkour people who were doing the course because I always wondered how folks who focused on that would do in something like that. While they're agile they don't necessarily do a lot of endurance stuff in their sport or focus so heavily on upper body endurance.

The finals has more obstacles - they probably do a shorter version for the qualifiers in order to not totally wear out the competitors - or give an advantage or something.

Was neat to see a few women also try and compete in the challenge - too bad most of them couldn't get past the first obstacle. One even was eliminated on the kickback of the log roll hitting her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast