+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: American Ninja Warrior

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: American Ninja Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    How about Kevin Bull last night? The first one to make it past cannonball alley. I cheered so loud when he grabbed the last cannonball with his feet and then flipped to the mat, I scared my cat!
    I had to peel my poor cat Ella off the ceiling!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

My cat was a bit different... she stared at me and flicked her left ear going "Really?" when I just kept laughing at the absurdity - and definite brilliance - of taking on the task that way.

Was glad Kevin Bull didn't hurt himself though doing that, but it was definitely using his head. You'd thought he won the whole thing with the amount of cheering going on last night - it was definitely well-deserved. I would've half expected him to be in one of those group tosses afterward like they did on Sasuke.

David Campbell's run was also quite brilliant and a lot of fun to watch.

It was nice to see at least five people complete that part of the race.

Next week's looks interesting, though honestly I like Kaci Cipriano, but they've overused her in these episodes. Yes, she was the first female to complete the qualifier, but there were three women to do so.

As far as wild cards for the finals - yes, they do that, and I believe it's 40 if they go 15 from each city (they've done 100 total in the past who go to the mountain).

And I'll be honest - as much as I like Brett Stefensen (?) and Flip Rodriguez, I'd be upset if they got an invite for the finals. Neither's performances in the qualifiers in my honest opinion warrant a chance at the finals. There were many who did far better who should, such as the contestant with autism - he went further than both, and a few others who did very well and just missed the mark.

I think we were cheering for Kevin Bull just as loudly as the audience. I was so happy for him. We also loved that a walk-on and the older guy were the two to complete the whole thing.
    Uncle David likes this.

Count me among those who were rooting for Kevin Bull, the rookie walk-on. What a treat he was.

I continue to be amazed by what these people are able to do with this bodies. This is what a reality show can and should be. I wish they were in the majority instead of a tiny minority.
    Uncle David and AZChristian like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

While I luv'ed Kevin Bull's performance and he absolutely deserved the standing ovation he received there was one participant named Derek Nakamoto really pissed me off by saying that to include everything he needs to do he only sleeps 2 to 4 hours of sleep at night and that lack of sleep never killed anyone. IS HE AN IDIOT? Does he know the number one problem in this country is tired motorist who fall asleep and either kill themselves or others. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID twit.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    While I luv'ed Kevin Bull's performance and he absolutely deserved the standing ovation he received there was one participant named Derek Nakamoto really pissed me off by saying that to include everything he needs to do he only sleeps 2 to 4 hours of sleep at night and that lack of sleep never killed anyone. IS HE AN IDIOT? Does he know the number one problem in this country is tired motorist who fall asleep and either kill themselves or others. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID twit.
    They also have studies that show sleep deprivation over long periods of time can decrease one's life span. While it may not kill him now, it doesn't mean he's not harming himself. I hated that they even put that ignorant statement on the show.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

What he actually said was even more stupid...

He said he'd never met anyone who died from lack of sleep. "Of course you haven't you idiot! THEY'RE DEAD!!!" (I really did yell that at the tv).
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Yes, he's an idiot - not only does it risk killing folks if he's tired behind a wheel, he should realize that one of the reasons he may not have done well in the course is because he's tired. Cannonball alley didn't look to be that tough - especially if you thought it through like Kevin Bull did (that would be a possibility for most of these guys - they do flips all the time) but I have a feeling many missed it because they were tired and therefore unfocused.

He's lucky he got through the course fast enough at Cannonball Alley to make it to the finals.

I know most adults can live off of 4 hours a night, but that's been told it's stretching. Most adults should really get at least 6-7 hours of sleep, preferably 8 minimum.

It's a stupid thing to think and and even more stupid thing to say. Sleep deprivation can cause very serious mental and physical problems. A good number of studies under monitored conditions have been done on it.
    pikachu likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    What he actually said was even more stupid...

He said he'd never met anyone who died from lack of sleep. "Of course you haven't you idiot! THEY'RE DEAD!!!" (I really did yell that at the tv).
    I checked out this guy's facebook page and someone posted the same remark as you Uncle David. I am surprised he didn't get more blow back than that cause sleep deprivation is a huge problem in this country.
    Uncle David likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread