+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: American Ninja Warrior

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: America Ninja Warrior

I wish there was a way to do a pool for this show but there are too many contestants, and the show spans too many weeks. I'll definitely be rooting for my favorites and hopefully I'll pick up some new favorites from this season.

A woman conquers the course tonight! Last week was the first time I even saw a woman on it. I don't catch it all the time. I don't have a favorite contestant. I root for them all. I think everyone who is able to compete are awesome. I get tired just sitting in my chair rooting them on.
    sparklete likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

These competitors just amaze me with what they are able to do. I can't recall ever really disliking any of them.

I've seen many women competitors, but none of them has advanced past the stage though a few have come close. I'm interested to see which one does and how far she'll go.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I thought the promo said that for the first time a woman conquers The Wall. Although, in the first round, The Wall is usually then end of the course.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I thought the promo said that for the first time a woman conquers The Wall. Although, in the first round, The Wall is usually then end of the course.
    Yes, tonight they will have the first woman to climb the warped wall. Given that I've never seen them put the wall anywhere except the last obstacle in the first round (Prelims) we should be seeing the first woman to actually ever complete the prelims.

We've had women qualify for the finals, even one who became the first to do so by top 30 (not invite) last year, but not completing it. The furthest was the next to last obstacle (again wall) and that was last year in a town that did not have many people make it further than the fourth or fifth obstacle.

Flip Rodriguez got eliminated on the Jump Hang in the Miami Qualifiers last night, shocking everyone. The competitors only get one time per year to try out and only one shot at the course. If they mess up, they have to wait a full year to try again. He didn't make it throught the Spider Jump last year so I know he's devastated that he didn't redeem himself this year.

I can understand eliminating someone if a part of their body touches the water on the course but I think it's stupid to eliminate them if their hair or clothing touches the water. So many guys wear baggy pants and shirts on the course, it's a wonder even more don't get eliminated.
    mom2 and Florimel like this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

It sucks having a bad memory! However, I think they have Wild Cards go to the Final round. That's how they get women who don't qualify to move forward. Perhaps Flip will get a pass that way.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I love it when a rookie comes on and flies through the qualifying course. It's hard enough for veterans with some experience but for someone who's never attempted the official course to make it through is really amazing!

The father and son who ran did great! If the dad hadn't injured his achilles, I think he would have made it over the warped wall. The son almost made it but his technique was off on his first two attempts. He had the right technique on his last try but fell a little short. I bet he'll make it through if he tries out again next year.

It will be interesting to see who gets the wildcard slots. There were several people I've seen so far that I hope get that chance, including Flip, of course.

A lot of people went out on the curtain hang. I would think if you lost your momentum on the first curtain, your best bet would be to grip the curtain with your legs and try to start swinging to get the next curtain. Joyce Shahboz seemed to be trying to hang on with her legs but couldn't secure herself. I guess that goes to show the importance of taking a running leap at the curtain instead of just pulling it back and jumping.

Re: American Ninja Warrior

Pretty good ep last night. I really admire everyone who participates, even when they don't make it far. We've been binge watching on Esquire on the weekends and are now caught up to where we can watch the new episodes on NBC on Mondays.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Re: American Ninja Warrior

I was wondering why I hadn't seen Jesse La Flair run this season so I looked it up and apparently he did compete this year but he accidentally used his hands on the slack ladder and was eliminated. He's hoping to get a wildcard slot at Vegas. I was so disappointed to hear that because he's one of my favorites and I always enjoy watching him. I'll cross my fingers that he gets that wildcard spot! He's almost got to since he's a Ninja Warrior veteran.

How about Kevin Bull last night? The first one to make it past cannonball alley. I cheered so loud when he grabbed the last cannonball with his feet and then flipped to the mat, I scared my cat! He had been on the bed with me watching tv but after my loud whoop and clapping, he high-tailed it out to the living room!

It's interesting that the only two people to complete the course (Kevin Bull and David Campbell) were bald.

+ Reply to Thread