+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: American Ninja Warrior

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: America Ninja Warrior

I foound it really difficult to tell which episodes were in what order. I didn't notice an episode number when they aired. On the tv guide channel, sometimes they'd mark an episode as new and when I sat down to watch it, I had seen it before a few nights ago! Last night I checked to see what was on and it said American Ninja Warrior was at the Vegas Finals. However, that's what it's been the last few episode. I wish they had made it clearer this was the final episode.

However, I still wouldn't have been able to watch it and Dancing With the Stars. Even if I had known it was the final episode, I probably would have had to hold off watching it anyway.

Plus, I had tried looking at the official site over the weekend to verify when the finale would be. All the official site had was that the show is on Tuesday nights. It made no mention (at least that I saw) of the finale being on a different night.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

I think the reason that sometimes it said "New" when it wasn't because when G4 showed an episode that previously only aired on NBC it was new to G4. I noticed old episodes of Mythbusters have been showing up as new on I think SCI channel because it was never showed there.

I thought maybe all week they showed it as new to let people know it was the most recent episode. It's confusing anyhow!
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I foound it really difficult to tell which episodes were in what order. I didn't notice an episode number when they aired. On the tv guide channel, sometimes they'd mark an episode as new and when I sat down to watch it, I had seen it before a few nights ago! Last night I checked to see what was on and it said American Ninja Warrior was at the Vegas Finals. However, that's what it's been the last few episode. I wish they had made it clearer this was the final episode.
    They said that this was the national finals on TV - you may have seen it also as Vegas finals - as it was slugged last season, on the computer or paper TV schedules.

Or they maybe tried to be vague because a. they were going to have someone miss making that final stage again, and b. they wanted to try and get attention to "DWTS" or another reality show.

What I like about the show, as opposed to other reality shows, is that the contestants cheer each other on. They are happy for anyone to conquer this course. It is very unselfish and refreshing.
    mom2 and jadewarlock like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

All the episodes repeat dozens of time for me and I've seen all but the final one, so I'll catch it sometime this week or next week.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I appreciate the sportsmanship displayed throughout the show, and the finale. When that last guy fell so close to the end on stage 3, even the guy whose record he broke hung his head in disappointment for him.

Then they lifted him on their shoulders ... absolutely loved it.

I am looking forward to the next series, I think they said November? U.S. vs Japan
    libgirl2 and JohnnyK like this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

So am I. I wonder if they can bring back all three total victors. I'm confident that someone may just complete the whole thing! I hope so! I've seen one of the total victory runs and the course was a bit different than it is now. So I want to see that it is indeed possible, let it be an American or a Japanese.

The next season stars Monday, May 26 8/7c on NBC. I'm already looking forward to it!!

From the official website:

About the Show

Everyone's favorite heart-racing obstacle course competition series, "American Ninja Warrior," returns for a sixth season Monday, May 26 (8:00 - 10:00 p.m. ET/PT). With original episodes presented exclusively on NBC this season, the two-hour show will air through the summer on Monday nights at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT. The finale will air Sept. 15 (8:00 p.m. ET/PT).

Matt Iseman returns as host, along with former NFL player Akbar Gbaja-Biamila (NFL Network). Jenn Brown (NFL Network) serves as co-host.

The action-packed premiere follows competitors as they tackle a series of challenging obstacle courses in both qualifying and finals rounds across the country. Those that successfully complete a course in their designated region will move on to the national finals round in Las Vegas, where they face a stunning four-stage course modeled after the famed Mt. Midoriyama in Japan.

This season, the series will travel to five cities in search of the ultimate athlete - Los Angeles, Dallas, St. Louis, Miami and Denver - before heading to Las Vegas. Men and women from all walks of life will vie for the title of "American Ninja Warrior," including school teachers and firemen, current and former members of the military, amateur sports enthusiasts and even a few Olympic gold medalists.

In order to guarantee a spot in the national finals, competitors must successfully complete the finals course in their respective city. From there, competitors will travel to Las Vegas and earn the chance to win the title of "American Ninja Warrior," along with the $500,000 grand prize.

Based on the global hit "Sasuke," from the Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, the original series is in production for its 30th season and only three contestants have completed the course.

"American Ninja Warrior" is executive produced by A. Smith & Co. Productions' founders Arthur Smith and Kent Weed ("Hell's Kitchen," "I Survived a Japanese Game Show," "Pros vs. Joes").
    Florimel likes this.

I'm so looking forward to it, too, pikachu. What these people are capable of doing physically makes my jaw literally drop when I watch them.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread