+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Thread: American Ninja Warrior

Re: American Ninja Warrior

Yeah. For one thing, she seems so small for a WWE wrestler.

On a different front, the women rocked it last night. Congrats to Allyssa Beird for finishing. Jesse Labreck and Barclay Stockett came so close. If only Labreck hadn't gotten hung up on Parkour Run, she would have made it. Very impressive runs by all of them.

Also, I loved the move by [was it Flip Rodriguez] where the ninja skipped the rope on Parkour Run, and just jumped from the closest of the steps. Brilliant!
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 09-05-2017 at 08:50 PM.
    etching likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

It was a great showing by all the ladies. Barkley Stockett was also brilliant, but just ran out of gas by the last obstacle.

It was great to see Brent Steffensen, Lance Pekus and Joe Moravsky ace their runs. They are 3 of my favorites. The story of Lance's wife is heartbreaking.

What a fun show. I can hardly wait for next week with Jessie Graff, Meagan Martin, and Drew Drechsel.
    Miss_Griss and AZChristian like this.

Big Bucks! No Whammies! Whammy Champion etching's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    On a different front, the women rocked it last night. Congrats to Allyssa Beird for finishing. Jesse Labreck and Barclay Stockett came so close. If only Labreck hadn't gotten hung up on Parkour Run, she would have made it. Very impressive runs by all of them.
    Allyssa Beird is now the second women to complete Stage 1 in Vegas.
    Barclay Stockett and Beird are now the second and third women to make it up the Warped Wall in Stage 1.
    At age 42, Travis Rosen is now the oldest competitor to make it through Stage 1.
    Already, 20 competitors have made it through Stage 1 so far. Last season, only 17 total made it through Stage 1.

Note that Charlie Andrews withdrew from Vegas due to a training injury. Dunno if there is a replacement or just 99 in Vegas?
    Last edited by etching; 09-06-2017 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by etching View Post
    Allyssa Beird is now the second women to complete Stage 1 in Vegas.
    Barclay Stockett and Beird are now the second and third women to make it up the Warped Wall in Stage 1.
    At age 42, Travis Rosen is now the oldest competitor to make it through Stage 1.
    Already, 20 competitors have made it through Stage 1 so far. Last season, only 17 total made it through Stage 1.

Note that Charlie Andrews withdrew from Vegas due to a training injury. Dunno if there is a replacement or just 99 in Vegas?
    Yeah. Lots of women passing through previous barriers. Jesse Labreck also made it up the warped wall. I'm not sure what order they were in. I think she went before Allyssa Beird, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the reminder about Charlie. I hope he is OK. It sounds like he had a fairly serious brain injury. Those can be hard to come back from, and he's a guy whose education/work future is based on his mind.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Also, I loved the move by [was it Flip Rodriguez] where the ninja skipped the rope on Parkour Run, and just jumped from the closest of the steps. Brilliant!
    JJ Woods did that. I was surprised more people didn't try it after him since it seemed so effective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1Jx2T2h8E8
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Quote Originally Posted by etching View Post
    Great news! You don't have to put up with the Kacy lovefest much longer --- Kacy is retiring after this season to join the WWE
    At least this year she's EARNED her right to be in Las Vegas. The past two years she got a WC just because of her name. Other women went farther than she did those years and should've been invited over her.

I'd be very surprised if she completes stage one however - they are making FAR too big of a deal that this *could* be her final run. The "history has been made" or whatever buzz phrase they used is the same one used all the time too.

I wish her the best in the WWE, but as far as ANW, there have been women who had done far better than her (now two who have completed stage one) who keep getting put on the back burner at times because Kacy was the first up the warped wall.

Little is EVER made of Megan Martin being the first woman to complete the jumping spider and Jessie doesn't get a whole lot of show (though mention) she was first to complete a full stage of the show.
    sunshine3331 likes this.

Sad Jesse Graf was eliminated on the cargo net of all things. Went out with grace (even if irritated at herself) and admitted she didn't heed her own advice - to not become too confident. I think she should've worn her Green Lantern outfit again just for luck.

That said, loved the bit with her being a trapeze artist. I could see her really joining the circus and having a blast. She's rather good at it, and would help keep bills covered between any stunt work she does.

I think "ANW" also needs to not be so blatantly obvious in teasers. I could smell Kacy's failure to complete the stage a mile off. The only thing she did was finally beat the propeller... then crashes in the next obstacle. Still, at least she went out knowing she got to the finals without a wild card - I'd want to leave that show knowing that little fact.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Big Bucks! No Whammies! Whammy Champion etching's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I'd be very surprised if she completes stage one however - they are making FAR too big of a deal that this *could* be her final run. The "history has been made" or whatever buzz phrase they used is the same one used all the time too.

I wish her the best in the WWE, but as far as ANW, there have been women who had done far better than her (now two who have completed stage one) who keep getting put on the back burner at times because Kacy was the first up the warped wall.

Sad Jesse Graf was eliminated on the cargo net of all things. Went out with grace (even if irritated at herself) and admitted she didn't heed her own advice - to not become too confident. I think she should've worn her Green Lantern outfit again just for luck.

That said, loved the bit with her being a trapeze artist. I could see her really joining the circus and having a blast. She's rather good at it, and would help keep bills covered between any stunt work she does.

I think "ANW" also needs to not be so blatantly obvious in teasers. I could smell Kacy's failure to complete the stage a mile off. The only thing she did was finally beat the propeller... then crashes in the next obstacle. Still, at least she went out knowing she got to the finals without a wild card - I'd want to leave that show knowing that little fact.
    Surprise, surprise...Kacy took a dump early again, this time on the Double Dipper. Still, a rather disappointing finish in Stage 1.
    I think the title of Queen of ANW now goes to Jessie Graff and she gets a lot more airtime in the future.
    Yeah, it sucks she fell right at the end, when the Stage 1 finish was in the bag.

A record 41 competitors finished Stage 1. Which was interesting, considering a record low 9 had finished the city finals.
    I think the balance obstacle needs to be made harder. Only one competitor fell on the Domino Pipes.
    Tyler Yamauchi (5 foot one inch) became the shortest competitor to complete Stage 1.

I'm so sad about Jesse. If she'd just taken one more swing, she would have made it, and she had plenty of time for that.
    etching likes this.

I'm so sad about Jesse. If she'd just taken one more swing, she would have made it, and she had plenty of time for that.
    Yes, and she admitted that, but it shows her class and skill for this show. I wish we'd find out how well she did in Sasuke, the Japanese version. Have read some stuff on Internet, but it could all be rumors.

IMHO, if Jesse had completed it and stage two, we'd likely see the first woman climb the mountain. She's very good at the strength challenges (has to be as a stunt woman). Not to say she'd make it all the way, but the odds would be stronger.

And Etching - spot on in your assessment about Kacy (and admittedly, I wished I was wrong on my prediction). If Alyssa can complete the second stage, she'll be the second woman to complete that stage, but the first to complete two stages in a season. I too am amazed at the number who completed Stage one, but based on next week being the season finale, and it's usually two hours, I have a feeling they'll be dropping like flies stage two and we'll be lucky if we see any make it further than three.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

+ Reply to Thread