+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree352Likes

Thread: American Ninja Warrior

Re: American Ninja Warrior

Wow. That was a brutal night. I couldn't believe all the really experienced people who went out on the broken log!

I like Sarah Heeson, and I'm glad she's going to Las Vegas. It was pretty cool how she was telling her friend (the other Sarah) to hurry, even though she stood to miss out on Las Vegas if her friend beat her time.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Big Bucks! No Whammies! Whammy Champion etching's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    No one got all the way through the Kansas City finals course last night. Maybe the show is making the city courses to difficult.
    The only other time zero competitors finished a course was last season in Philly.
    Only two competitors made it past the 8th obstacle, and only one competitor made it to the Elevator Climb.
    We didn't see much airplay for the new 9th obstacle (Iron Maiden), bet the fan who designed it was bummed only two tried it

This has to be the hardest course in ANW history.
    The amazing thing was that more than half the field didn't even make it to the Warped Wall!
    By comparison Philly had ten competitors finish the 8th obstacle last season, and 17 made it to the Warped Wall.
    And the Broken Pipes has to be the toughest 3rd obstacle ever for a city final, with eight failing it last night
    Neither of the two women advancing made the Top 15. The best was Maggi Thorne, falling on the Bar Hop.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Interesting. 1:46.8 is when she started the floating bridge, which is the last obstacle she completed. I wonder if they use that (when you start the last obstacle you complete) as the time, and that's why it's important to hurry and start each obstacle without waiting too long.
    It was confirmed last night in KC that indeed, the time used is the time when the last completed obstacle was finished,
    as Sara Heesen advanced over another woman by completing the Broken Pipes one-third of a second faster!

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU View Post
    I knew Gil was going to finish because they hadn't given out the Pom Run of the Night yet and he was the only person left to go. Sometimes they are so predictable with the Run of the Night.
    This week was the Denver final. Once again, there was only one finisher and it got the POM Run of the Night,
    but in a twist, it *wasn't* the last run of the night!
    That honor went to Meagan Martin who fell on the Wedge but was the top woman of the night.
    Neither of the two women who advanced to Vegas made the Top 15.

Altogether, of the 30 women who competed in the city finals, two of them made the Top 15 and other ten made the Top 2 for the women.
    Last year, three women made the Top 15 and the other 15 were wildcards.

This season has set the record for fewest city final finishers with nine total. The last two seasons had 11 finishers each.

And the Elevator Climb may be tougher than the former Invisible Ladder (or the competitors are more tired this season before attempting it).
    Last season, 11 of 15 completed the Invisible Ladder, while this season 9 of 18 completed the Elevator Climb.

It's hard to know if the Elevator Climb is harder than the Invisible Ladder. There are so many really hard upper body obstacles back-to-back before they ever get to the Elevator Climb that it's possible they are just tapped out when they get there.

I thought Megan Martin might make it into the top 15. She was less than a minute behind the last guy (but it's possible that there were other people between her and him). I'm glad she's going regardless.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I thought Megan Martin might make it into the top 15. She was less than a minute behind the last guy (but it's possible that there were other people between her and him). I'm glad she's going regardless.
    Turns out there were three people who finished the Wedge and 13 who failed it. So Meagan finished 16th overall.
    The 3-13 mark is an improvement over last season's debut, when 18 of 20 failed it...
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU View Post
    Can I tell you how OVER Kacy Catanzaro I am? She was the face of ANW 5 years ago and they still hype her up like she's the best. I know she was the first woman up the warped wall, but she hasn't done much since. Jessie Graff is the best woman competitor now in my opinion. They interviewed Kacy last night and they showed her like 10 different times! She wasn't even competing last night.
    Great news! You don't have to put up with the Kacy lovefest much longer --- Kacy is retiring after this season to join the WWE

https://www.cbssports.com/wwe/news/a...-the-wwe-ring/

WWE

No doubt the money is better, but it seems like a step down to me. (Perhaps that's because I'm not a WWE fan.)

WWE

No doubt the money is better, but it seems like a step down to me. (Perhaps that's because I'm not a WWE fan.)
    Well, Kacy did mention this season that coming back this season was a struggle.
    Guess she got tired of the ANW thing and wanted to move on. Wonder if her breakup with Brent Steffensen figured into it...

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I can't see her as a WWE person, but I guess we will see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wake up and be awesome

+ Reply to Thread