+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree352Likes

Thread: American Ninja Warrior

Re: American Ninja Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by etching View Post
    Great run by Jessie Graff, failing at the Elevator Climb Jessie was the only woman in the Top 15, finishing fourth.
    The only Elevator Climb success this week was Drew Dreschel, with three other failures.
    Yes, those two are some of my top favs! I cracked up a few weeks ago when they were running a video about one of the contestants, and he was saying that his little girl is a major fan of Jessie... When they went to the theater to see Wonder Woman, his little girl asked him why Wonder Woman was dressed like Jessie Graff? Love it!!!
    Miss_Griss and etching like this.

Big Bucks! No Whammies! Whammy Champion etching's Avatar

Last night was the Cleveland final. There were only two finishers (Joe Moravsky and Jamie Rahn),
    mainly because the new obstacle Nail Clipper was absolutely vicious. Only 2 of 22 competitors passed it
    9% has gotta be the lowest passing rate for one obstacle on a ANW course...

Congrats to Jesse Labreck (15th place) who became the second woman this season to finish in the Top 15,
    falling on the Nail Clipper. Allyssa Beird and Michelle Warnky also fell on the Nail Clipper, but Beird advanced to Vegas on a faster time.

Shocker that James McGrath didn't advance. Turns out he recently had shoulder surgery which slowed him down.
    McGrath almost completed the Nail Clipper but fell off the platform on the dismount. His time was too slow to get to Vegas.

Last night was the Cleveland final. There were only two finishers (Joe Moravsky and Jamie Rahn),
    mainly because the new obstacle Nail Clipper was absolutely vicious. Only 2 of 22 competitors passed it
    9% has gotta be the lowest passing rate for one obstacle on a ANW course...

Congrats to Jesse Labreck (15th place) who became the second woman this season to finish in the Top 15,
    falling on the Nail Clipper. Allyssa Beird and Michelle Warnky also fell on the Nail Clipper, but Beird advanced to Vegas on a faster time.

Shocker that James McGrath didn't advance. Turns out he recently had shoulder surgery which slowed him down.
    McGrath almost completed the Nail Clipper but fell off the platform on the dismount. His time was too slow to get to Vegas.
    Gotta give props to the Nail Clipper inventor who is from my hometown.

I was sad that James McGrath didn't just hurry and get up the salmon ladder and touch the Nail Clipper. I think his time was good enough when he got up the warped wall that he could have done just that much and gone to Las Vegas. Instead, he spent quite a bit of time talking to the hosts, who should have told him to hurry and just do that much, since they knew where he stood time-wise. I kinda blame them for distracting him, though he clearly was very tapped out.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

mainly because the new obstacle Nail Clipper was absolutely vicious.
    "The Weatherman" once again doesn't disappoint! Hope he makes it to the top of Mount Madoriama -(sp?) this year!
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I was sad that James McGrath didn't just hurry and get up the salmon ladder and touch the Nail Clipper. I think his time was good enough when he got up the warped wall that he could have done just that much and gone to Las Vegas. Instead, he spent quite a bit of time talking to the hosts, who should have told him to hurry and just do that much, since they knew where he stood time-wise. I kinda blame them for distracting him, though he clearly was very tapped out.
    McGrath still had 28 seconds to go after talking with the hosts (who did tell him to get moving) at 4:35.
    He didn't start the Salmon Ladder until 5:00 and touched the Nail Clipper at 5:07.
    Jesse Labreck got 15th place at 5:03. So he missed Vegas by four seconds

anw1.jpg
    anw2.jpg

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoReally View Post
    "The Weatherman" once again doesn't disappoint! Hope he makes it to the top of Mount Madoriama -(sp?) this year!
    He is my favorite! He seems like an all around great guy. I am hoping this is his year !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    NoReally likes this.
    Wake up and be awesome

McGrath still had 28 seconds to go after talking with the hosts (who did tell him to get moving) at 4:35.
    He didn't start the Salmon Ladder until 5:00 and touched the Nail Clipper at 5:07.
    Jesse Labreck got 15th place at 5:03. So he missed Vegas by four seconds

Attachment 32208
    Attachment 32209
    He must have known exactly what he had to do and in what amount of time, and he didn't hurry, so maybe he purposely gave himself more time off to heal rather than going to Las Vegas. Or put another way, maybe he knew he needed more time to heal and figured he'd give someone else the place at Las Vegas that he couldn't really do justice to.
    NoReally likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

He must have known exactly what he had to do and in what amount of time, and he didn't hurry, so maybe he purposely gave himself more time off to heal rather than going to Las Vegas. Or put another way, maybe he knew he needed more time to heal and figured he'd give someone else the place at Las Vegas that he couldn't really do justice to.
    Yea, that's what I was thinking, too. He seemed to be wincing in pain when he got on top of the Warped Wall... he told the hosts that he was tired, and they told him to get moving because he seemed to be stalling. He's been doing this enough to where he undoubtedly recognized his limits.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Or maybe he expected to get farther along in the course and deliberately took his time in doing so.
    Probably didn't think the Nail Clipper was something he couldn't do. He almost finished it, just fell short on the dismount...
    Miss_Griss and NoReally like this.

No one got all the way through the Kansas City finals course last night. Maybe the show is making the city courses to difficult.

+ Reply to Thread