+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree352Likes

Thread: American Ninja Warrior

Re: American Ninja Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU View Post
    Those women rocked it! Go girls!

Also, I love the Weatherman! He is my favorite! Glad to see him hit the buzzer.

There were a lot of sad stories this week. A few made me tear up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Weatherman is one of my favs, too

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I wish they would have the same qualifying course in every city. It seems like some courses are tougher than others so contestants who fail in one city might have been able to complete the course in a different city.

I do like that they've introduced the spider in an earlier round. That's one of the most difficult obstacles in Stage 1 and contestants didn't used to get to practice on it before running it the first time. Now at least they'll get a taste of what it's like to help them prepare.
    NoReally and etching like this.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Yeah. That course WAS brutal! I was happy to see three women in the top 30. And I was sad that Jake Murray wiped out so early. I tend to think that he would have been OK if he hadn't been in such a hurry.
    NoReally likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Big Bucks! No Whammies! Whammy Champion etching's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Yeah. That course WAS brutal! I was happy to see three women in the top 30. And I was sad that Jake Murray wiped out so early. I tend to think that he would have been OK if he hadn't been in such a hurry.
    Turns out Denver was tougher than Kansas City as a record-low 8 competitors finished the qualifier.
    Despite that, three women actually made the Top 30 (none did in KC).

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I wish they would have the same qualifying course in every city. It seems like some courses are tougher than others so contestants who fail in one city might have been able to complete the course in a different city.
    But keep in mind, even if the course was the same, it doesn't mean the competitors are the same level in every city.
    Might be easier to make the regional final on a easy course, but making the Top 15 with stiffer competition might be difficult...

So we made it to the regional finals. Altogether, nine of the 30 women advancing made the Top 30 during qualifying.
    At least 12 of the 30 will advance to Vegas.

Big Bucks! No Whammies! Whammy Champion etching's Avatar

This week was the Los Angeles final. Four finished the course. Neither of the two women who advanced made the Top 15.
    David Campbell got the 15th spot when the last competitor Grant McCartney failed on the Salmon Ladder.
    It's not the first time for McCartney, he's failed on it twice in Vegas also...

It turns out the final obstacle (Invisible Ladder) has now been replaced by the Elevator Climb (push two levers to go up).
    Not sure if it's any more difficult than the Invisible Ladder was...

It seems plenty challenging, bit I think it might be easier than the invisible ladder. Hard to know for sure. This course seemed pretty heavy on upper body stuff which I think is what made that final climb so hard.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

My heart broke for Grant McCartney! I love him! He is so fun and always seems to be smiling. I couldn't believe he fell on the salmon ladder.

Do we know if wild cards are eliminated completely this year? I assumed they were because of the way the women are being handled this year. I would love to see Grant get one if they decide to have them!

Miss_Griss and NoReally like this.
    Wake up and be awesome

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

There are NO wild cards this year.
    I'm Paula.

My heart broke for Grant McCartney! I love him! He is so fun and always seems to be smiling. I couldn't believe he fell on the salmon ladder.

Do we know if wild cards are eliminated completely this year? I assumed they were because of the way the women are being handled this year. I would love to see Grant get one if they decide to have them!

Yeah. I was shocked when he fell. So sad!

Yes, I was sad for Grant, too. I thought for sure he would have made it through. Grant's loss was David's gain, though.

+ Reply to Thread