+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree352Likes

Thread: American Ninja Warrior

Big Bucks! No Whammies! Whammy Champion etching's Avatar

Re: American Ninja Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Hmm. Very confusing. There doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern, does there?
    I'm guessing part of the issue is the editing of the runs. When the clock reappears onscreen, perhaps the timing may get thrown off in the process...
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by etching View Post
    Turns out they really changed the rules for women --- not only are the Top 5 women advancing to the regional final,
    the Top 2 in the regional final automatically advance to Vegas. Which means there are at least 12 women headed to Vegas.

But there are no more wildcards for women. Last year there were 15 wildcards (18 total women in Vegas).

'American Ninja Warrior' changes -- five women in each city final, two per city in Vegas, and no wild cards
    Ok, well at least the new rule isn't taking a wildcard spot from a man who would have otherwise qualified on his own merit!
    Miss_Griss likes this.

I thought it was cool that the guy who designed the Wing Nut got to compete on it, but was anyone else bugged by the fact that he had entered a contest, and they had used his entry but never told him they were going to? That seemed really sleazy to me.
    I thought that was odd, too. I guess they don't receive a prize if they win the "contest"?? Which in itself is messed up IMO...
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NoReally View Post
    Ok, well at least the new rule isn't taking a wildcard spot from a man who would have otherwise qualified on his own merit!
    Yeah, at first I thought it was cheesy to give women automatic berths in the final, but the wildcards were even more cheesier,
    since they were given out regardless of merit.

Keep in mind though, there might not be wildcards for men either, or not many of them.
    Assuming they want at least 100 competitors in the final, unless more than two women make the Top 15,
    there won't be any room to have wildcards for men...
    AshleyPSU likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NoReally View Post
    I thought that was odd, too. I guess they don't receive a prize if they win the "contest"?? Which in itself is messed up IMO...
    Yeah. They should definitely get some time of reward if their idea is used on the show. I wonder if he would have ever known if he hadn't come on the show and seen it. And would they ever have given him credit? So strange!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Yeah. They should definitely get some time of reward if their idea is used on the show. I wonder if he would have ever known if he hadn't come on the show and seen it. And would they ever have given him credit? So strange!
    The winner gets a plane trip and hotel. But I wonder if the winner was local and didn't need to travel to compete?

https://www.realityblurred.com/reali...esign-contest/

It says the winner receives a trip for 4 to the set of American Ninja Warrior, including 2 nights hotel (1 room for all 4 people) and airfare.

Interesting. So maybe someone else won, and they just used at least one of the other entries without telling the guy who submitted it. Maybe we'll hear about the winner during one of the other city competitions.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Interesting. So maybe someone else won, and they just used at least one of the other entries without telling the guy who submitted it. Maybe we'll hear about the winner during one of the other city competitions.
    It would make sense not to tell the submitter ahead of time that his obstacle is on the course he is going to run,
    to prevent giving him an advantage (by training on it) over the other competitors (who haven't seen it before).

BTW, if I could add an obstacle to ANW, I would put in the Sucker Punch from the Wipeout show. Hilarious!

Last edited by etching; 07-01-2017 at 10:42 PM.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Lo and behold, turns out the winner of the Obstacle Design Challenge was Kevin Brekke,
    and his hand cranking obstacle (Crank It Up) was used in the Kansas City qualifier last night.
    Pretty wicked obstacle, a lot of competitors fell on it. Brekke was there, though I don't think he competed.

Miss_Griss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by etching View Post
    And finally, congrats to 65 year old John Loobey, who broke his own ANW record for oldest competitor to pass an obstacle.
    Loobey actually made it to the third obstacle before falling....
    Turns out Loobey's record only lasted one week
    Congrats to 70 year old Rich Talavera who this week in Kansas City broke the ANW record for oldest competitor to complete an obstacle.
    Talavera made it to the second obstacle before falling, so Loobey is still the oldest person to reach the third obstacle.

Kansas City was pretty tough. None of the five women who advanced this week made the Top 30, all falling on the new obstacle Crank It Up.
    Last edited by etching; 07-04-2017 at 11:12 AM.
    libgirl2 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread