+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: American Ninja Warrior

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: America Ninja Warrior

Anyone have any favorites?

I like the vets and usually root the most for them. Ryan Stratis, David Campbell, Brent Steffensen, etc.

I liked Derek too but unfortunately he didn't make it this year.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I always root for my favorite vets--David Campbell, Frosti Zernow, Drew Dreschel, Flip Rodriguez, Brent Steffensen, David Mast, Jesse La Flair, Paul Kasemir, etc.

A few newcomers have caught my eye. Unfortunately, I can't remember most of their names. Colby Frontiero was one of them. He's done an awesome job on the course! Sam Sann is another promising rookie. And Captain NBC (don't know if he's new but I sure don't remember seeing him before and I think I would remember him!). I hate his yellow wig, bleh!

It's a shame Derek didn't make it this year. He was incredible last year.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Watched it last night for the first time. Felt sorry for the guy who completed the course .3 seconds too late. But he spent an AWFUL lot of time staring at the moving bridge balls that apparently were his downfall last time. And he seemed a bit of a drama king with his reactions last time AND this time.

I'll probably tune in again. I admire folks who set goals!
    pikachu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I always root for my favorite vets--David Campbell, Frosti Zernow, Drew Dreschel, Flip Rodriguez, Brent Steffensen, David Mast, Jesse La Flair, Paul Kasemir, etc.

A few newcomers have caught my eye. Unfortunately, I can't remember most of their names. Colby Frontiero was one of them. He's done an awesome job on the course! Sam Sann is another promising rookie. And Captain NBC (don't know if he's new but I sure don't remember seeing him before and I think I would remember him!). I hate his yellow wig, bleh!

It's a shame Derek didn't make it this year. He was incredible last year.
    The yellow hair is actually his hair.

But it isn't nearly as glaring when he's not in all body paint IMHO. Oddly though with the way he looked he reminded me of a statue of Ralph Hinkley (the Greatest American Hero) I saw - though "Capt. NBC" has tattoos.

Was NOT happy that they DQ'd the guy for a 3/10ths of a second after the buzzer ring. I think it should be a plus/minus of at the worst 1/2th of one second.

Sure, he did stand there and it was a factor, plus the mellerdrammer, but do they want SAFETY on a course or do they want just a good show? (I say this after they had at least one dislocated shoulder, several black and blue eyes, at least one possible concussion, a near drowning - guy in trouble the very first round of this year's show, etc. ...)

And out of 85 only 11 make it to stage 2... but interestingly I noticed two things:

1. They are doing a two hour finale, which would not make sense with just 11 (it was the same last season, but they had 22/23 make it to stage two last year, and then just Bret for stage three) and

2. They actually MENTION what you have to do on the fourth stage, so we MAY be seeing at least SOMEONE attempt to complete all four stages this year.
    mom2 likes this.

They're actually running multiple shows to go through the 85. There was a 2-hour show on Sunday (on G4 or whatever that network is), and then there was a 1-hour show on Monday on NBC with more people making it (I think they're at 16 now, but I can't find any information anywhere) (oh, and there may have been an episode tonight, but I think it was a repeat of last night's).

I did find what might be a schedule...it says that the Vegas finals were August 25 and 26, and the next two episodes are September 1 and 2 (with 2 being 2 hours long).

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I also felt the guy the DQ'd was treated unfairly. Put the question to his competitors and let them vote. Majority rules. If you are a true competitive athlete, you'll welcome him as a challenger.
    mom2 and Florimel like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

It's fair.

It's happened to many others. There's a time limit and every second counts.

I'm not being biased, because I like David Campbell and wanted to see him make it, but my opinion stands.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    It's fair.

It's happened to many others. There's a time limit and every second counts.

I'm not being biased, because I like David Campbell and wanted to see him make it, but my opinion stands.
    As a fan of the Japanese version, time counts.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Well, now you see, I watched this week's first episode when I made the first post and realize now that I was probably commenting on someone else.

Andrew Lowes timed out right before he hit the buzzer.

If you pause you can clearly see that the timer is at 0:00 when his hand is still above the buzzer.

As controversial as it may seem, stuff like this is bound to happen.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

And if we cut some slack for .3 seconds, how about a full second . . . 5 seconds . . . 20 minutes?

Heartbreaking yes . . . but rules are what makes a competition a competition. I understand and agree with the elimination.
    sunshine3331, marauder and JohnnyK like this.

+ Reply to Thread