+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast
Like Tree352Likes

Thread: American Ninja Warrior

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: American Ninja Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU View Post
    My husband and I talked about how they could be dripping blood on the mats below, the obstacles, and in the water. I don't think it would be fair to stop him because he was bleeding. I imagine they would have to sanitize all the obstacles and probably drain the water before the next person could go because blood would be considered biohazard.
    IMHO, it's more "fair" to stop him because he was bleeding than to take the chance of exposing all of the following contestants to a potential biohazard. A better solution might be to immediately stop the clock, pull the athlete off the course and completely cover the open wound and then restart the clock and allow them to continue from the same point (if feasible). The time taken for this wouldn't make the show any longer, they could simply edit the tape and mention why the person suddenly has a bandage.

The LAST thing they should do is let a person with an open wound continue, thereby potentially endangering the rest of the people competing.

And they need to fix that obstacle so people can't hit it with their faces . . . or they need to replace it.
    Miss_Griss and etching like this.
    I'm Paula.

Big Bucks! No Whammies! Whammy Champion etching's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Ok - what does Kacy have on them she gets a wild card?

I'm sorry but it's enough - she should be skipping a year in finals.

Why?

Her accomplishment - 1st woman up warped wall - now shouldn't be a reason. She didn't even make it far in prelims, I don't even think halfway through. (And I think this has been twice in a row now).
    This week was the San Antonio qualifier and once again, Kacy took a dump into the water
    Kacy wouldn't have even qualified for the final, but because of the 5 women rule, she gets to play on...
    Only one woman actually made the Top 30 this week, so four more get to compete in the regional final.
    AshleyPSU and sunshine3331 like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    IMHO, it's more "fair" to stop him because he was bleeding than to take the chance of exposing all of the following contestants to a potential biohazard. A better solution might be to immediately stop the clock, pull the athlete off the course and completely cover the open wound and then restart the clock and allow them to continue from the same point (if feasible). The time taken for this wouldn't make the show any longer, they could simply edit the tape and mention why the person suddenly has a bandage.

The LAST thing they should do is let a person with an open wound continue, thereby potentially endangering the rest of the people competing.

And they need to fix that obstacle so people can't hit it with their faces . . . or they need to replace it.
    I totally agree about this. I had the same thought while watching the show. Obviously the obstacle has a serious flaw and it needs to be addressed ASAP!! They can't have people cutting open their heads on a dangerous obstacle.
    Yearbook Title, Spring 2016: Consummate Overachiever Who’s Most Likely Reminiscing About The Florida Keys
    Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pikachuFL

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by etching View Post
    This week was the San Antonio qualifier and once again, Kacy took a dump into the water
    Kacy wouldn't have even qualified for the final, but because of the 5 women rule, she gets to play on...
    Only one woman actually made the Top 30 this week, so four more get to compete in the regional final.
    She did better than I thought she would, but Barclay is "technically" the only woman who should have advanced. The new rule put Kacy through. If the new rule wasn't in place, she would have gotten a wild card in Vegas AGAIN anyway.
    Wake up and be awesome

Barclay is amazing! I watched the first part of the finals of Team Ninja Warrior last night on demand, and at 5' 0" she was doing things that only the men do like skipping the last part of an obstacle and doing a 10 foot leap for the dismount. She's ready to give Jessie Graff a run for her money.
    NoReally and etching like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Can I tell you how OVER Kacy Catanzaro I am? She was the face of ANW 5 years ago and they still hype her up like she's the best. I know she was the first woman up the warped wall, but she hasn't done much since. Jessie Graff is the best woman competitor now in my opinion. They interviewed Kacy last night and they showed her like 10 different times! She wasn't even competing last night.

I was impressed with the women in Los Angeles last night. I love love love Grant McCartney. He is my 2nd favorite ninja (my fav is Joe Moravsky). I can't believe they didn't show The Godfather, Josh Levin, or Natalie Durant's full runs.
    I am with you on this one-- She has been underperforming for years now, and they actually finally addressed that this last (6/19) show, saying that she hasn't hit a buzzer in two years, or something to that effect.

She did better than I thought she would, but Barclay is "technically" the only woman who should have advanced. The new rule put Kacy through. If the new rule wasn't in place, she would have gotten a wild card in Vegas AGAIN anyway.
    As a woman, I am always rooting for any woman that competes in a male dominated environment... that being said, I don't believe that this new female rule is fair to the men that work so hard to make it in this competition! If women want to compete in a sport that is primarily played by men, they should have to compete with the same rules as the men... that's JMHO.
    etching likes this.

Big Bucks! No Whammies! Whammy Champion etching's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoReally View Post
    As a woman, I am always rooting for any woman that competes in a male dominated environment... that being said, I don't believe that this new female rule is fair to the men that work so hard to make it in this competition! If women want to compete in a sport that is primarily played by men, they should have to compete with the same rules as the men... that's JMHO.
    Yeah, it's a cheesy rule, maybe to get more viewers watching. Then again, giving women a helping hand is nothing really new,
    they been giving women free passes to Vegas for years now anyway

FORT Fanatic

They can't, but it would be more fair to change up the course based on the person's height. Someone who's 6'4" has an easier time with most obstacles.

Actually, it's hard for people who are over 6 feet. I think most of the best male competitors are around 5' 8" to 5' 10" Many are surprisingly small.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread