+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: American Ninja Warrior

Re: America Ninja Warrior

OK - will put in spoiler blocks so I don't disappoint the West Coasters in the end:

Click to see Spoiler:
    We had ONE person complete stage 2 and go on to three. Stage three had no time limit but 8 strength obstacles.

The person - I think Brent of the huge family - failed at the upside down wall climb.

While this is sad - he is the FIRST person to complete the Ultimate Cliffhanger, which is always the third or fourth (forgot the placement) in that stage. So he is the first American to complete that challenge and therefore has finished the farthest in the course for the Americans now.

He also LITERALLY made it at the wire on stage 2 though - he tagged in at three-HUNDREDTHS of a second (that's 0.03 seconds) left in stage 2. That's how close it came to no one making it through stage 2 at all.

It's worth seeing regardless - the challenges you see in the stages are just amazing and I'm amazed to see any of them complete it.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 07-24-2012 at 12:50 AM.
    mom2 and jpr like this.

jpr
    FORT Newbie

Thanks jadewarlock! I will see if I can view it online tomorrow or whenever they put it up.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I just read that NBC is going to start airing episodes of the previous season of American Ninja Warrior on February second, 8:00pm, and the next season will air this summer.
    mom2, Allie and jpr like this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Anyone still watching?

I've gotten more into it. I love it, actually. Like seeing the ability the people have.

I'm watching!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

To the Point

I've been amazed at some of the frontrunners who have been eliminated so far this year! I really think it will take someone with more than one year under their belt to ever complete the final course and they seem to be dropping like flies. Of course, it will probably be a newbie since I made that statement.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm watching! One thing that bothers me, though, is they keep saying how the course is even harder this year, with new obstacles added. Why are they making the course harder??? No one's even been able to complete all of the stages of Mt. Midoriyami before so it certainly didn't need to be made any tougher! I could see if someone had completed it or if droves of people were getting to it but only one person got to the final stage last year.

I love seeing returning contestants, like Jessie LeFlair and Drew Dreschel, but it's heart-breaking when a returning favorite slips up in the qualifying course and doesn't make it through.

I keep rooting for a girl to make it all the way through and one came close this season. If only she had been able to scale the warped wall!

I could never do any of the course so hats off to these amazing athletes.

I'm watching, too. I found this show only a few weeks ago and I enjoy watching these people do things that seem impossible to me. I DVR it and generally watching the two parts in each city together.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I watch and am amazed at the abilities of these athletes.
    Florimel, scoot13 and JohnnyK like this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Its amazing how some people make it look so doable, yet others not at all.
    JohnnyK likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread