+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: American Ninja Warrior

Re: America Ninja Warrior

I love this show! My mom, bf and I have watched every season of the American version(and all of the Sasuke's). I figured they would eventually have to make a Mount Midoriyama in America to get an American to win. If only 3 Japanese men have been able to complete the course in 27 or so tournaments I just didn't see any way that an American contestant could win in Japan.

I am looking forward to the rest of the season! I can't wait to see one of my favorites, Brian Orosco, tackle the course. And I had no idea Frosti was on Survivor! That is so interesting. I've seen him on another parkour show and I think it would have been cool to see him on Survivor.

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    I love this show! My mom, bf and I have watched every season of the American version(and all of the Sasuke's). I figured they would eventually have to make a Mount Midoriyama in America to get an American to win. If only 3 Japanese men have been able to complete the course in 27 or so tournaments I just didn't see any way that an American contestant could win in Japan.

I am looking forward to the rest of the season! I can't wait to see one of my favorites, Brian Orosco, tackle the course. And I had no idea Frosti was on Survivor! That is so interesting. I've seen him on another parkour show and I think it would have been cool to see him on Survivor.
    Yes, the China Season - I remember because of name and the fact he was at the time the youngest competitor ever. This was the first year they let 18 and older compete. He lasted a decent amount of time, but didn't win.

Finally got a chance to watch it last night. I really liked the rock climber with all the hair.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Finally got a chance to watch it last night. I really liked the rock climber with all the hair.
    Me too - was OK with the competitors who advanced. If I were to enter this contest, I would try first to complete all the parts of the challenge, even if it took a little bit longer, because you have a better chance at making the finals if you complete it.

Loved the silk curtain slide and the lamp monkeybars. The first one is a timing issue, but pretty and the later is such a strength event that it's just amazing to see anyone actually SKIP parts such as the rock climber did.

And I loved how the pastor gave that funny look on the salmon ladder making sure he was clear to do the next challenge. I was a bit surprised that having the bar slanted like that was valid, but he did have it on the fourth level.

This is fun to watch overall - and for the most part the contestants are relatively humble or humbled when they run the race. Those who complete it and brag or over celebrate? - well, not a huge fan of that, but seeing these challenges and knowing that there are quite a few I couldn't complete if I tried them? - I say this is a case they earn it.
    mom2 likes this.

He annihilated the course! I think beginners luck can be an advantage in Ninja Warrior because you don't know what's coming and you can't psyche yourself out so much.

I do miss seeing Nagano... though I guess at this point, he might not be competing much anymore.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I do miss seeing Nagano... though I guess at this point, he might not be competing much anymore.
    He's still competing, he had quite a few first stage failures in recent tournaments - which was pretty hard to watch. But in the last tournament he was able to make it to the ultimate cliff hanger in the third stage.

OK, a bit of time since posting but they're down to the next to last episode tonight.

Ends up a quarter of the contestants (well almost) made it through the first stage.

Next week is a two hour season finale.

Given the time, that makes me wonder if a. there is a finalist to get to Mount Midoriyama and b. if not, will they do any type of reward for the contestants who make it the farthest.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I love this show, too! I only started watching a few weeks ago, never saw any past seasons. On the face of it, I wouldn't think I'd like a show like this but I do. I wouldn't be able to get past the first obstacle myself because I never have been good at anything athletic. I'd like to look up previous seasons of Ninja Warrior so I can see more (if they're available to view online).

I'm disappointed that a girl hasn't made it all the way through the course yet but men have more upper body strength, which this course requires, so I think it would be harder for a woman to do. Plus, I imagine they have far more men try out for this than women. Fewer female contestants = fewer women getting through.

I don't have a particular favorite person I'm rooting for. There are actually several contestants I like, but that's good. I don't have all my eggs in one basket that way and I have lots of people to cheer on. Flip Rodriguez is a joy to watch fly through the course, Derek Nokomura was really impressive, Drew Dreschel's story was compelling because he came back from such a serious injury, plus there were many others besides them. I just watched a bunch of episodes of ANJ yesterday.

I can't wait for the finale!

Edited to add: Reading back in this thread, I didn't realize Frosti was on Survivor! I sure didn't recognize him. I know I watched that season because I remember Amanda and James but I don't remember much else about that season.
    Last edited by pikachu; 07-23-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

jpr
    FORT Newbie

Hey, I realize there's not much activity on this thread, but if anyone can at least post to say whether anyone made it all the way through tonight, I'd appreciate it. I've watched every episode but it's not being shown in my city tonight because of a baseball game, so I won't see the finale! Maybe I can try to watch it online tomorrow but it would be great to know tonight if someone won. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread