+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: American Ninja Warrior

Re: American Ninja Warrior

I still love how the one announcer admits he thought that Joe was a joke entry from a media station - which is fair - but now has major props for him doing well.

I also loved how we had a woman finally complete the jumping spider as well as the wave jumper thing (the event afterward) and almost the wall. She wasn't going to finish, but you know what? I think just being the first here and not Kaci is something to be excited for. And - you look at the group afterward, you'd thought she won the competition. Speaks volumes.

It was also interesting that Sam Sann and the cowboy ended up eliminated on the same event two years in a row. I like both of them, but it was oddly funny it happened. Glad though Sam was not seriously hurt this season.

One more thing - is it just me but on the wave jumper event... did they add a square landing spot for them? I wouldn't be surprised if they did though - last year someone was hurt pretty bad on the event I think. People will say that "it makes it easier" but I say "Better a little easier than folks getting hurt."
    inthegarden likes this.

I do wish instead of having a recap episode last week and having skipped at least one week previous to that they had just aired new episodes I just want to see what happens instead of them stretching this out.

So has anyone won the $500,000 or do you only win that if you finish all 4 stages?
    Florimel likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I don't think Kaci will complete it either though I wish she would. At 5'0, I don't see how she'll be able to do the spider jump. But, she's surprised me before and I'll definitely be watching.

Bearcata, I agree with your about the unnecessary "best of" show last week. The episodes area ll on multiple times and it was not needed at all. I don't see why we have to skip a week between the two halves of stage 1 either.

Jadewarlock, I also agree with you about what the announcer said about Joe. I think he was not alone in his original assessment.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Bearcata, you only win the $500,000 if you complete all 4 stages. The only exception to that was the US vs. Japan episodes, they had different requirements and winning for that episode.

The FAQ for the show says that "The fastest competitor for each City Qualifying Round will win $2,500 and the fastest competitor for each City Final Round will win $5,000."

Of course they get the free trip to Vegas, other then transportation and lodging, not sure what it entails.
    Last edited by marauder; 08-19-2014 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I don't think Kaci will complete it either though I wish she would. At 5'0, I don't see how she'll be able to do the spider jump. But, she's surprised me before and I'll definitely be watching.

Bearcata, I agree with your about the unnecessary "best of" show last week. The episodes area ll on multiple times and it was not needed at all. I don't see why we have to skip a week between the two halves of stage 1 either.

Jadewarlock, I also agree with you about what the announcer said about Joe. I think he was not alone in his original assessment.
    He wasn't, but the announcer is probably one of the few to admit he really was surprised. They must have some folks seriously in their open tryouts have no prayer in the world and hope that their stories will pull them through to where they're on TV. I had a feeling last season he *could* do it if he wanted to, given they had a few surprises before he did his run, but not would either.

As far as Kaci, she's 5'2", but yes that will be hard. In order for her to succeed she will have to get a really REALLY good jump. Anywhere but right into the straights she will end up out on that event. Her advantages to at least get that far are the wheel was at the Dallas level and she's light enough she should be able to land safely onto the mat with the silks slider.

The ONE thing I like though is they didn't make stage one any easier so they can try and get the story of a woman completing a stage though. I AM curious though if Kaci does well given how they were using sound clips - there was that slight disbelief tone the hosts use that normally is used for someone who goes out early in the tone. I'm hoping I'm wrong though - I'd like to see two female contestants get to the sixth obstacle and complete it on the level - at least.

And yes, the *best of* thing stunk as bad as a roadkill skunk after day on the road ... BUT at least I got to see a wonderful "Hotel Hell" where the owners were so grateful beyond words for Ramsay's help and they're still very successful today.

FORT Fogey

About the woman who completed the jumping spider... when they showed her in high heels, she looked like a drag queen.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    About the woman who completed the jumping spider... when they showed her in high heels, she looked like a drag queen.
    That's because she is a muscular girl and high heels help emphasize a girls calves and if you already have good calves it tends to look too much and drag queeny.
    spockwhat and bachelorwatcher like this.

Kacy is only 5 feet tall. She is also amazing.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    That's because she is a muscular girl and high heels help emphasize a girls calves and if you already have good calves it tends to look too much and drag queeny.

Plus, she's an athlete. Athlete's often look athletic, it happens.
    Florimel and sclilred1 like this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

So overquoted but still so true, just 'don't let the haters stop you from doing your thang.'

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post

Plus, she's an athlete. Athlete's often look athletic, it happens.
    Probably looks fantastic in real life versus being on TV.
    Florimel and sclilred1 like this.

+ Reply to Thread