+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 182
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: American Ninja Warrior

  1. #111
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: American Ninja Warrior

    She looked pretty strong. Here's hoping there are no mistakes that take her out.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  2. #112
    Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,569

    Re: American Ninja Warrior

    I wish American Ninja Warrior would use the same course in every city. I'm watching the Miami finals and it sounds liek they've made every obstacle more difficult than it was in qualifying. I don't remember them doing that with the other cities and it seems unfair.

    Also, I wish they would quit adding new obstacles each year. They haven't had anyone complete the entire course before so it seem to me it's plenty tough enough. Once they get someone to get to the top of Midoriyama then they might want to consider changing some of the obstacles and possibly adding new ones.
    Miss_Griss and sunshine3331 like this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

  3. #113
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,902

    Re: American Ninja Warrior

    Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I wish American Ninja Warrior would use the same course in every city. I'm watching the Miami finals and it sounds liek they've made every obstacle more difficult than it was in qualifying. I don't remember them doing that with the other cities and it seems unfair.

    Also, I wish they would quit adding new obstacles each year. They haven't had anyone complete the entire course before so it seem to me it's plenty tough enough. Once they get someone to get to the top of Midoriyama then they might want to consider changing some of the obstacles and possibly adding new ones.
    I thought that was weird too, the three previous cities had the same qualifying course and then the 4 new obstacles why do it differently in Miami?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  4. #114
    Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,569

    Re: American Ninja Warrior

    I was worried about Drew Dreschel when he was saying he was gunning for the fastest time and thought he could do it in about two minutes--about half the time of the other few contestants to finish the course. Sure enough, he fell on the second obstacle and was out.

    Sure, it's good to get through the course quickly but the most important thing is to FINISH. I wish he had been a little more cautious so he hadn't made such a costly mistake.

    This season has been really tough on the veterans--Flip Rodriguez, Brent Steffenson, Jesse La Flair, Drew Drechsel all out in the early rounds. Shocking!
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

  5. #115
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,088

    Re: American Ninja Warrior

    Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I was worried about Drew Dreschel when he was saying he was gunning for the fastest time and thought he could do it in about two minutes--about half the time of the other few contestants to finish the course. Sure enough, he fell on the second obstacle and was out.

    Sure, it's good to get through the course quickly but the most important thing is to FINISH. I wish he had been a little more cautious so he hadn't made such a costly mistake.

    This season has been really tough on the veterans--Flip Rodriguez, Brent Steffenson, Jesse La Flair, Drew Drechsel all out in the early rounds. Shocking!
    I totally agree - because while they do (usually) invite 40 folks to join the 60 who make it through the finals (which is how we get the women in the finals at the Mountain) I feel the best way to get there is to do it yourself.

    That's why I respect Kaci - though I have felt the focus on her was a little excessive, she has proven her mettle and earned her spot - it may have taken her 8 or so minutes, but she COMPLETED it because she took her time to ensure it. I'm sure Brent is training her now for time on the obstacles as he can because it will be timed and she'll have to run it at the men's time (or they find a compromise time possibly, say 2 minutes instead of 90 seconds or something in the first two rounds), and she can't take as long.

    (And in fairness to Brent - he may not make the finals, and I'll be honest I don't feel he should given he fell early in qualifiers... but he IS getting notice for helping Kaci in her accomplishments, which yes, I give him huge props too. He brought the best out of her so far).

    I am hoping Drew doesn't get invited to the finals, but I have a feeling these veterans will get first offer, which isn't fair. There are far too many who did well and went FURTHER than they did in qualifiers so they should get first dibs. It would also make all of them work harder.

  6. #116
    FORT Fogey TripleGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lynn, MA
    Posts
    2,049

    Re: American Ninja Warrior

    I thought they had a system for getting those who didn't finish to the next round? Something to do with how fast they got to the different elements before they failed?

    (Although even knowing the system doesn't help us figure out just how some people made it through and others didn't.)

  7. #117
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,088

    Re: American Ninja Warrior

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I thought they had a system for getting those who didn't finish to the next round? Something to do with how fast they got to the different elements before they failed?

    (Although even knowing the system doesn't help us figure out just how some people made it through and others didn't.)
    I know from qualifying to city finals it's based on who gets through the obstacles fastest if there aren't 30/15 respectively making it to the finish line.

    There were many folks in the finals last year who were invited who didn't even make it through qualifying who were invited. I think that one is based on how far they made it as well as popularity sadly. I say the latter is sad because we'll probably see some favorites such as Flip, Drew and Brent in there even though there were quite a few who did much MUCH better than those three and should have a shot first.

  8. #118
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    82

    Re: American Ninja Warrior

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I know from qualifying to city finals it's based on who gets through the obstacles fastest if there aren't 30/15 respectively making it to the finish line.

    There were many folks in the finals last year who were invited who didn't even make it through qualifying who were invited. I think that one is based on how far they made it as well as popularity sadly. I say the latter is sad because we'll probably see some favorites such as Flip, Drew and Brent in there even though there were quite a few who did much MUCH better than those three and should have a shot first.
    In the best runs show this week, the hosts mentioned that both of the ladies who finished the qualifying course but not the finals course will get wild-card spots to Mount Midoriyama, but made no such mention when they showed Brent's, Flip's, and Drew's runs. Also, there are only 15 wildcard spots this year as opposed to the 40 there were last year, so it looks like those guys may to wait until next year to play again.

    I also notice that they made new obstacles for Mount Midoriyama this year despite them not doing so last year. I have a hunch that the producers want to make sure that no one completes the entire course for at least another year or two so that viewers will have more of an incentive to tune in, hence why they are having fewer wildcard spots and occupying them with people who are realisically not going to make it past stage 2.

    I'm still looking forward to the Las Vegas finals next week, and hopefully someone FINALLY makes it past stage 3.

  9. #119
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    15,902

    Re: American Ninja Warrior

    I heard Matt say that there will be 90 competitors at Mt Midoriyama so that will be the top 15 from the 5 city finals (15 x 5 = 75) and 15 wild cards.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  10. #120
    chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,101

    Re: American Ninja Warrior

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    The Weatherman, Joe Moravsky WOW!!!
    LOVE Joe, he is my favourite to win it. He did great in the first final last night too.

    I also have a soft spot for Abel.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 08-19-2014 at 08:29 AM.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Happy Birthday, sir, despite the circumstances.--John Green

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.