+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: American Ninja Warrior

Re: American Ninja Warrior

So many of the athletes on this show have demonstrated really admirable qualities. They do good work in their Ninja and their private live. It makes me sorry I got caught up in the focus on Derek Nakamoto's ignorance. I will try not to do that again.
    Uncle David likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Florimel - don't be upset. If we don't have people speak out against the dangers of sleep deprivation we'll see folks emulate it and have all sorts of tragedies. Believe you me, I've seen a few of them myself in my job.

SO.... now on the positive or just general comments. I think that the Cannonball Alley was a neat idea, but maybe a bit more difficult than they wanted it to be. The third ball to me seemed just a LITTLE BIT too large for two hands. That's why I thought Kevin Bull had the right idea - that was my first instinct when all else failed - well then I thought about they couldn't also grab it with their hands so they'd have to flip (which Bull did). The mere fact that they had FIVE out of 30 people complete it successfully (and I think it's 5 out of 19 who even made it that far) shows it needs some reworking.

I will say of the new ones they've brought I like the dancing stones challenge a lot better on it. There are a few other challenges they have on Sasuke they could bring into the American Ninja Warrior franchise even if they retool it some to be more American. Either that or bring in some of the Mountain challenges to the qualifiers, such as the three walls (if needed drop to two), or the wheel swing. I know some will say "But women can't complete those walls" - but I'm a woman and could lift up the 100 pound wall to get under it as long as I didn't lift with my back. (Well that and the women this season are showing how tough they are).

I'm hoping a few people get to go to the finals on the wild card this season, such as the aforementioned gentleman with autism. I don't think he will make the same mistake again with the curtain swing if it's part of the challenge and is probably studying even harder on all the tasks - maybe even watching any clips of Sasuke if he can - so he works out the quirks. IMHO he would've completed that curtain task if he just rocked back and swung on it.

You know - one more point - the curtain task, I too have wondered why they don't try to use it as a swing and rock back and forth fast enough to get to the second one. Is it supposedly against the rules - because even though yes there is a longer bar of sorts up top where the chain bunches up, slowing the ability to swing, the curtain is flexible enough this wouldn't be a detractor if you get in the right spot.

jpr
    FORT Newbie

OMG that was insane! If anyone hasn't seen tonight's episode yet and doesn't want to know, then don't read the rest of this post, but since I'm on the West coast I figured it would be okay to post (don't know when it's on in Hawaii or Alaska).

Of course the part I'm taking about is Kacy's run. Now I know why they kept mentioning her constantly. She totally is in a class all by herself. What she did seemed super-human. Especially the swinging frames part. How in the world did she manage to hang on after that jump?! That would've pulled my arms right out of their sockets. And that was after the rings that she had to recover from slipping on. Then the poles that she had to jump to reach because she is so short. And then she practically ran up that spider climb that is almost as wide as she is tall.

I am just in disbelief. I'm watching it over and over again. It still seems impossible. I will not complain about them mentioning her so much ever again. She totally deserves it! If anyone didn't watch it or record it, it's definitely worth looking it up online. She's got a new fan in me at least.

Edit: If anyone didn't watch it but wants to know the result, Kacy did complete the whole course and is going forward.
    Last edited by jpr; 07-15-2014 at 03:26 AM.
    Realitychick, Hyper and wannasee like this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I have been reluctant to jump onboard the Kacy bandwagon because I felt it took away from the same accomplishment the other women have achieved this season. After all, Kacy was the first woman to beat the wall only because she competed in the first of the competitions this year. However, after tonight's performance, I am definitely Team Kacy!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Mr. Christian and I were cheering out loud for Kacy with each of her successes. She was AWESOME!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was rooting for Kacy but to be honest, I didn't think she was going to be able to do it. The swinging frames and the poles required such arm length, I was afraid she wouldn't be able to reach. Plus there was the matter of would she have endurance to get through the whole course. But she did it! One of the few to get through the whole thing last night. Woot!

I think the hardest obstacle for her in the next round will be the jumping spider. It always takes out a lot of competitors and with a small arm length, she may have trouble locking herself in. The next biggest thing will be the time factor. She's proven she can get past the obstacles but can she do it quickly enough to beat the buzzer? I'll sure be cheering for her.

I sat there in utter wonder and astonishment as I watched her. Given her height and weight, I didn't think she'd be able to do the whole thing but boy did she prove me wrong. It was cool to see Tim Brown there cheering her along. I don't know how much further she can go, but she'd get my vote for female athlete of the year.
    pikachu likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I found myself standing up and yelling at the screen with excitement... it's been a long time since something got me that riled up on TV. Totally amazed and proud of her, that sounds so odd, but as a woman who has struggled with weight my entire life, what an inspiration. I took the stairs today at work lol. Baby steps.
    pikachu, Allie and wannasee like this.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

How did I not know this show was on? Someone posted the clip of Kacy on Facebook, and I was in awe, so when I saw this thread, I figured I'd better check it out. I'm definitely going back and watching earlier episodes. I forget their names now, but I used to love some of the earlier competition shows that were similar to this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

The local news network talked about Kacy on the radio and posted her run on their website. Her story has made it past the fans sites to the real world news.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread