+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Melissa and Tye (CMT)

Melissa and Tye (CMT)

There's nothing worse than being dumped on national TV. Yet Melissa Rycroft, the former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader and America's favorite bachelorette, definitely got the last laugh. She found the ultimate redemption by becoming a hugely popular contestant on Dancing With the Stars, which ignited a major hosting career. But her greatest success came when she reconnected with the "real" man of her dreams, hometown boyfriend Tye Strickland. Now married with a 6-month-old daughter, Melissa is about to embark on her biggest journey yet -- moving to Los Angeles to pursue her Hollywood dreams.
    CMT.com : Melissa & Tye : Shows Main

I know Melissa is a divisive figure around here, but I always liked her. I'm a few episodes behind on watching the show, but I enjoyed the ones I have seen. I find her really sweet and relatable. I had to laugh when they were cleaning out their fridge in the Texas house before the move and one of them pulled out a pack of salami that had turned white. I think Melissa's response was "What is WRONG with us!?"

They have the first four episodes available on the official website for anyone who wants to catch up.

So, is anyone else watching?
    tapper01 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: Melissa and Tye (CMT)

I'm watching. It's not on this week, but last week was the Mr. Mom episode that was hilarious. Just to see Tye playing pool boy in the first episode is worth the watch...then she coerces him into a photo shoot and what he goes through to get ready.
    tapper01 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I meant to watch. I need to find the episodes and catch up. I adore Melissa.
    jucamer likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I'm watching. I've always liked Melissa and I think she picked a great guy. So happy for her and happy for both of them. As far as the show, I don't think it's great, but it's pleasant enough to keep me watching, and I'm rooting for them both, so I enjoy the half hour. And I'm delighted that it's not a mean-girl or married couple-war type show, so that's a huge PLUS in my book!
    tapper01 likes this.

I love it! Melissa and Tye are so "real". My husband, who HATES reality tv loves it too!

OMG this episode (Vegas) truly had a beginning, middle and, thankfully, a happy ending (except for Tye - LOL) When they got that phone call, the looks on their faces had me feeling the fear along with them. Recommended. These two are so good together.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I don't even know what CMT is, and even if I did, I obviously don't get the channel. But I've always liked Melissa & from what you say, I would like to watch this. I am glad to see her making a success out of her entertainment career & life.
    She's always seemed like such a nice grounded person.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I don't even know what CMT is, and even if I did, I obviously don't get the channel. But I've always liked Melissa & from what you say, I would like to watch this. I am glad to see her making a success out of her entertainment career & life.
    CMT-Country Music Television I'm enjoying it. I think that they are funny together.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post

You can watch Melissa's show online at the CMT website and also get episodes on Itunes. CMT is the Country Music Television cable channel. It's also where the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders' Making The Team show, where Melissa first appeared, airs along with other shows like Sweet Home Alabama & Southern Nights.

Here is direct link to watch latest episode with the medical emergency with Baby Ava on CMT website:

CMT : Videos : Melissa & Tye 105

Here is link to Melissa & Tye's CMT tv show main page:

CMT.com : Melissa & Tye : Shows Main

Go to this link and click on 'watch videos' or 'episode summaries' to watch videos of the rest of the earlier videos from the entire season so far. You can also get them on Itunes.

Hope that helps it's a great show. I was so happy my little munchkin Ava was okay. Seeing Tye tear up was so sweet and Melissa was was frantic.

Imperfect1 likes this.

Thank you!
    I'll check out the website. Swee Home Alabama is another one that looked interesting.
    I don't think I'd be able to do the ITunes thing. I don't download music, so I don't have a membership or account or whatever you have to have.
    Isn't the internet a wonderful thing?! We can see stuff we don't see on TV.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast