+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet (Lifetime) - Thursdays at 11PM

The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet (Lifetime) - Thursdays at 11PM

I just happened upon this show earlier tonight and could not turn it off! Normally, I watch TV while doing something else - reading a magazine, going online, whatever - but I sat and watched the show without any other distractions.

About The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet
    Let The Conversation begin…Lifetime's all-new series "The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet," a refreshing and intimate take on celebrity interviews hosted by British television personality and renowned photographer Amanda de Cadenet and executive produced by Demi Moore and de Cadenet, will premiere on Thursday, April 26 at 11/10c. The hour-long program created by de Cadenet marks her U.S. television debut.

Presenting an honest, authentic and raw view of the shared issues affecting women today, each episode of "The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet" will feature de Cadenet having powerful and in-depth interviews with some of the world’s most famous and influential women, including, among others, Jane Fonda, Lady Gaga, Gwyneth Paltrow, Miley Cyrus, Eva Longoria, Kelly Preston, Alicia Keys, New York Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Donna Karan, Ivanka Trump, Olivia Wilde and Gabby Sidibe. Together with de Cadenet in the comfort of her or their own homes, they -- many for the first time publicly -- will tackle a wide variety of topics universal to all females, including sexuality, body image, career and finances, relationships, love and loss, politics, human rights, transformation, breakthrough and perseverance. "The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet" will also feature “Women on the Street” segments in which women from all walks of life also reveal their personal feelings about their lives and the world today.
    About - The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet - myLifetime.com

I missed the first two episodes, so I watched them in Xfinity's site. They're also available on Lifetime's site.

I was really impressed with how open all of the women were and how insightful they were as well. I think Amanda de Cadenet does a great job of directing the conversation.

Is anyone else watching?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: The Conversation with Amanda de Cadenet (Lifetime) - Thursdays at 11PM

I'm watching and really enjoying this program! Amanda de Cadenet has had fabulous conversation with her guests, so far. I'm really looking forward to more episodes.

I'm really impressed with Amanda de Cadenet. I'm embarrassed to admit that all I knew about her is that she used to be married to John Taylor from Duran Duran, which made me quite jealous of her back in the day!

My hat's off to all of the women involved for being so open and honest. It can't be easy when you're in the public eye, especially when you're hounded by the tabloid press the way some of them are.

I always feel like I should dislike Gwyneth Paltrow, but then I see her on a show like this and I like her in spite of myself.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I loved this last episode with Miley Cyrus, Melissa McCarthy, Diane von Furstenberg and Glenda Bailey. I did find Miley's super white teeth and her disappearing and reappearing dog kind of distracting. I'm impressed with how open all of the women are.

I haven't looked to see how the show is doing in the ratings, but I'd love to see a second season!

Every week the show is consistently excellent. 'Real' conversations with women of interest. Fabulous!!! I would really like to see more of this kind of 'talk show.' No distractions (no audience, no band/music, no typical talk show nonsense) --- just great talk, as if you were part of a warm, intimate conversation in someone's living room. Wonderful!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm really impressed with Amanda de Cadenet. I'm embarrassed to admit that all I knew about her is that she used to be married to John Taylor from Duran Duran, which made me quite jealous of her back in the day!
    Oh you weren't the only one, Critical. I had a HUGE crush on John Taylor, posters all over my room, the whole she-bang. LOL

I had heard about this show and hope that we get it here in Canada. I saw Amanda on Access Hollywood today talking about the show. They asked her how she gets these women to tell her the stuff they do, and she said that she asks many, many questions before they get to the ones she knows that everyone wants her to ask. She sounds like a fabulous interviewer in that she actually listens and lets the conversation flow naturally, instead of just waiting for an opportunity to ask the top ten 10 questions. Many interviewers are like that, you can see them just waiting to push their own agenda and not actually listening to the answers given.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Oh you weren't the only one, Critical. I had a HUGE crush on John Taylor, posters all over my room, the whole she-bang. LOL
    Totally! My whole bedroom was wall-to-wall Duran Duran posters. I remember when I finally took them down with my best friend's help and she said "Wow, your walls are yellow!"

I had heard about this show and hope that we get it here in Canada. I saw Amanda on Access Hollywood today talking about the show. They asked her how she gets these women to tell her the stuff they do, and she said that she asks many, many questions before they get to the ones she knows that everyone wants her to ask. She sounds like a fabulous interviewer in that she actually listens and lets the conversation flow naturally, instead of just waiting for an opportunity to ask the top ten 10 questions. Many interviewers are like that, you can see them just waiting to push their own agenda and not actually listening to the answers given.
    I think we see a lot of that on late night tv, in particular, because pretty much all of the late night hosts started out as comedians. They're probably always thinking of a joke or some clever quip. I just hate that schtick. With a few exceptions, I watch a talk show for the guests, not the host.

I used to like Whoopi's old talk show - it was maybe 11-11:30 with one guest. They would just sit and have a conversation.

When Yana Kamps was talking about knowing how an orgasm felt as a man and now knows what it feels like as a woman and the differences....well, I'd just never really thought about that before. I thought it was so interesting. I'm continually amazed at how honest and open the women are on this show.

I hope you get this show in Canada soon! It's really very good.
    Last edited by Critical; 05-29-2012 at 03:04 PM. Reason: fixing my own broken quote tags. derp.

I think we see a lot of that on late night tv, in particular, because pretty much all of the late night hosts started out as comedians. They're probably always thinking of a joke or some clever quip. I just hate that schtick. With a few exceptions, I watch a talk show for the guests, not the host.

I used to like Whoopi's old talk show - it was maybe 11-11:30 with one guest. They would just sit and have a conversation.
    I watch talk shows for the guests and fast-forward past all the stuff the hosts do before the guest comes on, ONLY because I don't care for any of the current late night talk show hosts --- except for Amanda de Cadenet and Andy Cohen. (Does WWHL count as a "talk show"?) Bring back the GREAT talk show hosts!!! My favorites were Arsenio Hall, Joan Rivers, Whoopi Goldberg and Rosie O'Donnell (and I loved Rosie's recent talk show on OWN, that just, sadly, was cancelled.) We do have some good daytime talk show hosts on now though. I like Ellen and Wendy Williams, and I CAN'T WAIT for BETHENNY's talk show in a couple of weeks.
    Last edited by Critical; 05-29-2012 at 03:04 PM. Reason: fixing quote tag problem

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Ha! I wasn't even thinking about late night talk shows because they do have an agenda and only a short period of time. Plus thinking of their next joke. I was talking about other journalists specifically, the "real ones."

I know Demi is producer and maybe creator of the show, so is she going to be interviewed?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

okay, first of all....JOHN TAYLOR WAS MINE...or so I thought. LMAO! I didn't realize she was married to him. In fact, I've watched from the beginning (they show it on Thursdays in the 1:00 grey's repeats timeselots, so I said what the hell.) but never really knew who she was. I liked all the ones I've seen, however, I do think she turns the conversation on herself quite a bit. I know she's drawing from her own experiences, but sometimes that annoys me. But I find the show so much less "gossipy" than other interview shows. That's refreshing.

and I freakin love Melissa McCarthy.

+ Reply to Thread