+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Dance Moms: Miami

FORT Fogey

Re: Dance Moms: Miami

Angel and Victor are the ideal coaches in my opinion. They're tough but they value and really love each of the dancers, and all of the kids, miraculously considering their mothers, seem to be sweet and work well together. The only kid who I don't think is very nice is Sammy. She was awfully quick to blame Kimmy for the mistake during the dance. Jessi seems to be trying really hard since getting called out, good for her, and good for Angel and Victor for dealing with that so well.

Kimmy is just adorable, and I really like her mom. I also kind of like Sammy's mom, I forget her name, but she seems to be almost normal. I like that she says to Susan that it's not okay to say in front of everyone that Jessie is the best dancer in the studio. At fourteen, yeah maybe she is, but I think it's clear that both Kimmy and Lucas are exceptionally talented.

Poor Hannah that she knows that none of the parents want their children to dance with her. It's a mark of the genuine goodness of the girls and of the coaching that that attitude doesn't seem to have transferred to the girls.

Lucas's mother is just evil. No two ways about it. To confront a child the way she did, even if Sammy was wrong for blaming Kimmy, was just completely out of line. And that's just one awful thing she's done.

I think there was probably more to the conversation between Lucas and Victor about him being bullied, and honestly I'm glad that the onscreen version was short and just let the viewers know it was happening. Victor really seems to care about Lucas and I'm sure if he was having trouble they had a real, honest conversation about it, but it's probably better for Lucas not to have to have such a difficult conversation on camera.

I saw this yesterday. I agree...I adore Victor & Angel. Their first interest is the kids and I do like that they remove the kids for the parent drama. The mothers...not so much. The kids are sweet of course but honestly seem to be at different levels of dance ability & different dance style.
    I am not getting into this show for some reason. Isn't it a bit strange that they are showing reruns of DM Pittsburgh before & after DM Miami?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Man, I just love that Lucas! His lecture to his mother about how the moms are distracting the kids and how their job is to be moms = Love him.

I like all of the kids on this show, but especially Lucas and Kimmy. I just love Kimmy's little lisp. The moms are another story. I don't really find any of them likeable.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical that is exactly why I can't really warm up to the Miami series. I love the kids & instructors but I just can not deal with those mothers. They make the moms from Abby Lee look like angels.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I guess I like the kids and the teachers more than I dislike the moms. Plus, there's always the mute button!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Wouldn't it be great to switch up the moms and daughters from Abby's studio and Angel/Victor's? How far would Maddy's mom get trying to suck up to them ... and no one outscreeches Abby.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

It would be interesting to see how Abby's girls would do in an environment like Stars. I'll bet they'd flourish! I think Angel and Victor are much better with the kids. They're not push-overs, but it's clear that they love the kids.

I loved Victor's talk with Jessi after she got off the stage having danced with a hurt back. He praised her for dancing through the pain, but gave her a big hug and comforted her because he loves her.

While my tap teacher - the one I was with the longest (from 6 until about 17) - doesn't resemble Angel and Victor in any way (other than gender!), they remind me of him. Firm, but loving. We worked our tails off for him, but not because we were afraid of him, but because we wanted to work hard for him and make him proud. Abby could take a lesson.

With a few exceptions, I think the Miami kids are much more talented than Abby's kids. I will say that ALL of the kids seem very sweet, even with those few tantrums from Jessi. If I had a mother like that, I might have thrown a few tantrums too!

Kiz

I enjoy this show because of the relationship Vic/Ang has formed with the dancers. I loved the way Victor hugged Jessi after she danced through her pain and his words of support. So far, I haven't noticed that they play favorites the way Abby does. And Lucas, how great was it that he put the silly list into perspective? If he's on the bottom, it's no big deal, he just wants to dance. The moms are the part of the show that gets grating, and I wish we'd see much less of them, except for Ana. She's such a breath of fresh air. The new mom looks like she's sporting Victoria Gotti hair. I wonder if the two groups (Abby and Vic/Ang) will ever compete.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Kiz

I'm taking back all the good things I said about Victor and Angel. The season finale was a disaster.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

I don't know what option they had, especially with the one mom getting physical with the other one. Also, Jessi's mom was out of control. I don't approve of the yelling, but I'd imagine the guys had a lot of anger built up over having to deal with that woman for 8 years.

I feel sorry for the kids. They all seem like sweet kids. I was especially touched by Hannah this week offering to give up her solo so that Mia could dance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast