+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Around the World in 80 Plates - Bravo, Wed 10PM

Around the World in 80 Plates - Bravo, Wed 10PM

Around the World in 80 Plates - Premieres Wed May 9, 10PM.

Official page at BravoTV.com

Around the World in 80 Plates takes culinary competition to the next level as 12 chefs travel across the globe testing their skills and determination. In each episode, the contestants will travel to a different international city where they will learn the local customs, cultures, and cuisines as they participate in a gauntlet of culinary challenges. Ultimately, they will face-off in a kitchen takeover where they will not only recreate, but reinvent the menus for world-renowned restaurants and their demanding owners.
    Hosted by Curtis Stone and Cat Cora. I'll give it a shot.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 04-01-2012 at 06:30 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Around the World in 80 Plates - Bravo, Wed 10PM

This one could be interesting.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Not much of a Curtis Stone fan, but Cat Cora kicks butt! We'll be watching.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Yeah Cat's great, and I figure Curtis is more suited to this format than he was to Top Chef Masters. I wish they'd bring Kelly Choi back for that (if there are going to be any more of them).
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

This one sounds fun, and looking forward to it.

It starts May 9th, not April 9th...

(EDIT: Whoops, thanks! Fixing - MFW)
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 04-01-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Just saw a preview for it. Some are already panning it, saying that the promo clip on the site looks awful. I'm going to actually watch the show before making a judgement. I think it sounds interesting. I'm hoping that they have to learn how to cook the cuisine of each place they visit.

Some I already hate based off bios:

Steve Postal (aka "Nookie") (The nickname....need I say more? What about this...) Executive Chef, Fenway Park. He has lived in Umbria for 6 months and Barcelona for a year.

Avery Pursell: Executive Chef/Owner, All Diced Up Catering, Sherman Oaks, CA - I hate her already because of this: "has had the opportunity to cook with several culinary masterminds including... Marcel Vigneron, who helped expose her to different techniques and cuisines that she uses every day. "

Some I'm hoping to like:

Sai Pituk: Sai is also a veteran of the United States army. Her non-traditional tutelage under street cooks, restaurant owners and friends and family in Thailand .....

The rest that I have no feeling about and the tables seem very unbalanced. You have some who have gone to expensive schools and worked under big-deal chefs and have traveled and cooked in other countries. They are competing against others who are self-taught and barely made it to sous chef. I would prefer to watch a competition where they were more equal.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 04-29-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Does anybody remember this guy?

Chaz Brown: Chef de Cuisine at Fatty Crab in New York City. "After graduating from the French Culinary Institute, where Brown was credited as the Mid-Atlantic Chef of The Year in 2009, he went on to compete on Top Chef Season 9."

All the quotes are from the contestant bios at the Bravo site.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Sounds neat! I like Curtis Stone. I wish his show Take Home Chef was still on. I used to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Does anybody remember this guy?

Chaz Brown: Chef de Cuisine at Fatty Crab in New York City. "After graduating from the French Culinary Institute, where Brown was credited as the Mid-Atlantic Chef of The Year in 2009, he went on to compete on Top Chef Season 9."

All the quotes are from the contestant bios at the Bravo site.
    He was among the 30 chefs who competed for a spot in the cast -- he's shown in the first 2 episodes but he didn't make the cut. So technically he's not fibbing, even tough he really is fibbing.

Edit: I just watched it -- he made risotto but didn't get it on the plate before the clock ran out, so he had no dish to present. He's got personality, though.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 04-30-2012 at 03:34 AM.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    He was among the 30 chefs who competed for a spot in the cast -- he's shown in the first 2 episodes but he didn't make the cut. So technically he's not fibbing, even tough he really is fibbing.

Edit: I just watched it -- he made risotto but didn't get it on the plate before the clock ran out, so he had no dish to present. He's got personality, though.
    LOL! Well that could explain why I don't remember him! I actually watched most of that season. I've tried to block parts of it from my memory though, those women were evil bully witches.

I loved Curtis Stone on Take Home Chef! I wanted him to find me in a grocery store and make us a dinner lol. The photos of Cat on that site are jarring. She's got her hair curled and hi-lighted and it just doesn't really look like her. She looks beautiful but not what I'm used to seeing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast