+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Around the World in 80 Plates - Bravo, Wed 10PM

FORT Fogey

Re: Around the World in 80 Plates - Bravo, Wed 10PM

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Go away, Stupid Show!!!
    I sort of watch... but it is lacking. Curtis Stone - as good looking as he is - just doesn't do it for me. And Cat K? Ugh.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

If my info is correct, this week is the LAST episode (although I could be wrong and they'll stretch it out and pick a winner from the Final Two).

I plan on dvr'ing the ep and fast forwarded to the end. Since she's still in the game, I guess there is still hope (a slim, slender, narrow margin of hope) that Liz will kick both their butts and win this. Can't stand wither Nookie or Avery.
    Florimel likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    If my info is correct, this week is the LAST episode (although I could be wrong and they'll stretch it out and pick a winner from the Final Two).
    Yes, this should be the finale. Top Chef Masters 4 debuts in the same timeslot on the 25th.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm also still "watching", too. I've got this reality competition show addiction problem. I'm also hoping Liz slides into the winner's circle, despite their best efforts to thwart her.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Curtis and Cat were scheduled to appear on Watch What's Happening Live with Andy Cohen last week after this show, but only Curtis appeared, though Cat's name was on the tv guide description. She was not mentioned on air and they had a fill in for her. I suppose it was due to Cat's DUI charge last week. I saw it on TMZ and the guy she hit her car with took video of her. It was on TMZ. Not good. She looked drunk too, IMO. She admitted it and said she was so sorry.

Curtis was delightful! So cute, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm also still "watching", too. I've got this reality competition show addiction problem. I'm also hoping Liz slides into the winner's circle, despite their best efforts to thwart her.
    Admitting the problem is the first step!!!

As for Cat being drunk . . . . she was more than TWICE the legal limit when she was involved in the incident. At first, she gave the excuse that her designated driver was unavailable. Hmmmm . . . . . I'm thinking, at that point, you "designate" someone else, like a taxi cab driver.

Cat Cora DUI: Celeb Chef Cited for DUI in Santa Barbara | Reuters

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Admitting the problem is the first step!!!

As for Cat being drunk . . . . she was more than TWICE the legal limit when she was involved in the incident. At first, she gave the excuse that her designated driver was unavailable. Hmmmm . . . . . I'm thinking, at that point, you "designate" someone else, like a taxi cab driver.

Cat Cora DUI: Celeb Chef Cited for DUI in Santa Barbara | Reuters
    Oh my. That's not good. In that video the other driver took, she looked impaired, but not that impaired. I'm really shocked.

Even though Liz didn't win, I am glad Avery ditched Nookie for the finals. "It's a cooking competition, not a reheating competition"

Didn't Avery say - just a week ago - that she hoped it would be her and Nookie in the finale because she wanted a real challenger? It WAS her reason for sending John home. So what does she do when the ball is in her court and she gets that chance? Hmmmm . . . . she goes with Liz, someone who she has seen as being weak from the very beginning.

Sad that Liz lost, but glad that it was such a narrow margin (only 4 votes). Never liked Avery much and now I like her even less. Can't trust anything she says.
    Florimel and ness like this.

Wasn't wild about Avery winning, either.

I really don't know if I'll be watching this again, if they decide to do another season of it. I mean, "Survivor with Spatulas" doesn't do a whole lot for me. Also, done THAT way, it opens the door for total a$$holes like Nookie to go a long way.

OTOH, I DID very much enjoy seeing each of the countries and their local people and chefs, and learning about their various cuisines. That was really interesting, and a lot of fun to see.

So sorry Liz lost. I might've been a little more inclined to watch again if she'd won, I think. Pulling for the underdog, poetic justice, and all that.

Who knows? I'm such a glutton for reality TV punishment, I wouldn't be surprised if I tuned in again out of sheer boredom.

Also, Curtis was OK, but I have got to wonder what in the name of time they had Cat on there for. Seems to me like she basically did a whole lot of traveling and a whole lot of not much else.

Oh, well, Top Chef Masters is on its way!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread