+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Around the World in 80 Plates - Bravo, Wed 10PM

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Around the World in 80 Plates - Bravo, Wed 10PM

I agree prhoshay . . . . one season is enough.

For quite awhile now I've been foreseeing a Nookie vs Avery finish - just because they are two of the chefs I liked least. I'm guessing that Liz will be the next to go and then John, who's been my favorite simply because he's been the least annoying.

Not sure what rock Nookie has been living under, but that rock doesn't get cable or else he'd have known that a reality tv show shot in various locations around the world would include some type of physical activity where your feet need to move fast.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I agree prhoshay . . . . one season is enough.

Not sure what rock Nookie has been living under, but that rock doesn't get cable or else he'd have known that a reality tv show shot in various locations around the world would include some type of physical activity where your feet need to move fast.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Finally caught up with the last two episodes...

Jenna was a mean, selfish person, and I was glad to see her go, skills or not. Let her go run her own kitchen somewhere as long as I don't have to go.

Poor John, he lost it at deliberations. He's been the only chef I've thought was worthy of winning the show, and the only one that didn't annoy me with their antics or their attitude. Nookie is a buffoon, I want him to fall in a rice paddy and never return, lol. (And I'm a Red Sox fan!) Lizz is okay but inconsistent. Avery is a basket case, and Nicole was inconsistent enough to go.

If John doesn't win, I'll stop watching whenever he gets the boot. If Nookie wins, they shouldn't bother doing a second season. Or if they do, they need to get a new casting person.
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I caught 2 episodes of this show & stopped watching. Nothing about this show clicked for me. Perhaps if this were a version of Top Chef I might still be watching. Curtis Stone & Cat Corra can not carry this show.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Seems like it's been a long time since I watched this. Guess two weeks IS a long time when it comes to reality tv. They are in Argentina tonight.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, host Cat Cora has to contend with this: Cat Cora DUI arrest almost escapes the press -- almost
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I don't need to see the finale -- Nookie (or whatever his name is) is in the finals and John went home.

This show will never be satisfying, because the food is secondary to the scheming and plotting. A no-talent like Nookie rises to the top because he's more adept at throwing people under the bus than the other chefs. What's the point of this show? The biggest jerk wins? They'll probably judge solely on food in the finale, but the chefs who lasted are so sub-par that the whole meal will be a big letdown. I wouldn't be too proud to be the winner of this show.
    Florimel and Rockytop Chick like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I liked this final four. I wish they had been the only cast from the beginning.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I don't need to see the finale -- Nookie (or whatever his name is) is in the finals and John went home.

This show will never be satisfying, because the food is secondary to the scheming and plotting. A no-talent like Nookie rises to the top because he's more adept at throwing people under the bus than the other chefs. What's the point of this show? The biggest jerk wins? They'll probably judge solely on food in the finale, but the chefs who lasted are so sub-par that the whole meal will be a big letdown. I wouldn't be too proud to be the winner of this show.
    If they had left in the Top Chef elements of the show (food) and some of the Amazing race elements (travel to interesting locations around the world) and left out the Survivor elements (Voting out a competitor, alliances , and scheming/backstabbing) I might have really enjoyed this show.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Finally caught up with the last two episodes...

If John doesn't win, I'll stop watching whenever he gets the boot.
    Aaaaaand John doesn't win, so I'm right there with you MFW. Hands down that's who I wanted.
    Now I guess I'll pull for Avery (or whoever the red-headed chick with the tats is), but I don't need to watch.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Go away, Stupid Show!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread