+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Around the World in 80 Plates - Bravo, Wed 10PM

Re: Around the World in 80 Plates - Bravo, Wed 10PM

I'd have thought John would have gotten the boot, since he's lost five times in a row now, but I guess maybe the other chefs view him as a nonthreat, and that's why he's still in the competition.

I really wish more of the challenges were like the ones in London, where the chefs had to eat local dishes, then use that knowledge to recreate or twist local cuisine. As of now, I'm not a fan of the challenges at all.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think it's better now that the characters are becoming more familiar. I hated to see Gary booted last night; I was very surprised that it wasn't John. I kept wanting the black girl to slap the taste out of Jenna's mouth; the black girl had immunity, could not be eliminated, and has allowed Jenna to make her turn inward, and I can see that things are coming to a boil. When she blows, and it's bound to be coming, I think it will be BIG!!
    I've got one eyebrow raised for the blowup, too! Jenna is QUITE something . . . I'm not sure just WHAT, yet, but she is SOMETHING. Her day is DEFINITELY coming, and I hope to be there with a large, cold drink and a huge bowl of hot, extra-buttered popcorn to see how it plays out.
    mayamaisha likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Will watch again tomorrow, but I'll most likely sit with remote in hand, finger on the mute button. Jenna's voice hasn't yet stopped echoing in my head from last weeks episode.
    mayamaisha likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I think Jenna rubs me the wrong way because she is such a know it all. There's nothing wrong with being intelligent but it's like she rubbing it in everyones faces. She's getting used for her knowledge of knowing multiple languages, not because she's this great chef.
    mayamaisha and its_glinda_now like this.

Agreed.

For me, Jenna is tied for most grating personality with Cheven and Nookie. And her bossiness just does NOT sit well with me, and never has.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Will be so glad when Jenna is GONE! She is so condescending.
    Sometimes right back where you started from is right where you belong.

Yeah, I need Jenna gone, and I also need Scheming Stocky Scruffy Guy gone too. He acts all crafty when someone else gets the boot besides him, as if he engineered it, but really he's kind of a dork.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Yeah, I need Jenna gone, and I also need Scheming Stocky Scruffy Guy gone too. He acts all crafty when someone else gets the boot besides him, as if he engineered it, but really he's kind of a dork.
    Not KIND of, MF . . .

He IS a dork.

Far as I'm concerned, he and Jenna are pretty much tied right now for biggest jerks on the show.

Avery ain't no prize, either, but I can tolerate her (right now, at least!), better than I can Jenna or Nookie.

This show is a disaster, from the opening credits in which they've forgotten to record a voiceover (except for the promo of the sponsor) to the whiny, unpersonable contestants, to the Survivor premise which is leaving the whiniest, least-competent contestants to enjoy a spectacular around-the-world journey.

If Bravo didn't renew the ridiculous and entertaining "Chef Academy" after one season, I sincerely hope and doubt that they'll renew this expensive clunker.

Anyway, judging by the amount of commentary here, pretty much no one is watching anyway (or no one is bothering to comment on something so wrong)!
    Florimel likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Curtis Stone looks good, but makes a lousy host.

I would not be sad not to see this show come back.

It reminds me, more, of Big Brother.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread