+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Around the World in 80 Plates - Bravo, Wed 10PM

Re: Around the World in 80 Plates - Bravo, Wed 10PM

So we watched and it was what I expected. Top Chef meets the Amazing Race with a Survivor style elimination. Don't like that the losing team votes off a member of that team. Some really good cooks will get sent home because of this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I will probably give this one more episode, but if the third doesn't do for me what the first two didn't, I will scratch it off my list.

Added Chaz to my list of chefs who annoy me (along with Nookie and Cheven) and Jenna will probably be added as well. Liz and Avery don't annoy me, but sadly, I can't point to anyone as the person I'd like to see come out the winner.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Just watched the first episode...and I surely disliked it.
    Didn't like the premise of the show...not sure what all the running around had to do it..but understand them needing to taste what they would be cooking but just seemed unnecessary. Have never watched Amazing Race so I missed how that fit into it.
    Could barely stand some of the contestants....Nookie Postal (is that really his name??), Kevin aka Cheven, Sai and Chaz are the ones who stood out as extremely annoying to me.
    I was amazed at the ego-centric people here....Sai, who thinks she's the sexiest thing ever, Nookie, the cheat, Chaz aka The Beast in the Kitchen as he likes to say, and Kevin for sure. Couldn't understand why they were so in love with themselves until I realized that these are probably the products of school authorities who decided that all kids should get trophies, for just playing on a team. How else to explain their over-inflated egos? And probably while they were receiving their undeserved trophies, the school forgot to teach them anything like what Big Ben in London looks like.
    The cast is unappealing, the contest set-up is strange so I'll give it another try just to make sure I wasn't just in a bad mood when watching it.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Wasn't Chaz one of the rejects on the latest Top Chef?

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Wasn't Chaz one of the rejects on the latest Top Chef?
    Yes, he was.

Here's the explanation that was posted back on the first page of this thread. I didn't remember him, but others did.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    He was among the 30 chefs who competed for a spot in the cast -- he's shown in the first 2 episodes but he didn't make the cut. So technically he's not fibbing, even tough he really is fibbing.

Edit: I just watched it -- he made risotto but didn't get it on the plate before the clock ran out, so he had no dish to present. He's got personality, though.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I'm so glad "Cheven" is gone. He bugged me with his delusional sense of entitlement, as if no one else but him was capable of being a leader. He was a little loopy IMO.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I tried to like this show but after 2 episodes I gave up & deleted it from my dvr.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Yeah, the last 5 minutes of each show give me an ulcer. But the rest of the journey to that point is still pretty interesting.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

All three episodes, I have fallen asleep sometime between service and the voting. Last night I made it just to the point where the not all guys team (red? black?) won and the one who screwed up the brulee was all relieved

So glad Keven is gone. He talks to much.
    Revenge is ice cream.

+ Reply to Thread