+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Interior Therapy With Jeff Lewis

Interior Therapy With Jeff Lewis

I did a search & did not find a thread for this show, so I'm starting one!

This is on Bravo on Wednesday nights. It premiered on March 14. I've watched both episodes, & have decided I don't like this format.

Anyone else watching this, & what do you think?

Regarding the episode from last week, that guy was a hoarder, I don't care if he's a quadzillionaire, he was a hoarder but he just had more expensive stuff!
    mom2 likes this.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

Re: Interior Therapy With Jeff Lewis

I have watched the two as well. I am not sure if I like it yet. I saw him on Watch What..... and he looks much better without the botox. Dramatically so, really. Okay back to the show. The format is odd. Moving into their home is strange and Jeff's treatment of his assitant is nasty. She does most of the work or that is what editing is showing. I did not watch his other show. I don't think I like him. I am a sucker for decorating shows so I will stick it out for a season.

The rich hoarder. hmmmmmmm This was a set up. They crammed most of his art into two rooms for the show. It did not feel real at all. He is rich enough to put on an addition to support his art without having to make his trophy wife unhappy. Jeff was not needed to fix their problem. His people could have handled this with ease. One gallery room that held a small percentage of his art? And he never thought of having a place to auction it in his home? Pffffffffffffffft.

He would not have that wife if he were not VERY wealthy. And with his attitude and looks it takes billions, not just millions. Sorry to be so superficial here but really. Really??? He wanted face time. He wants to be a recognized billionaire. That was the dealio here. He wants the cover of Forbes, spots on TV and to be talked about in every home, not just his circle. He wants fame!!! And he is not going to get it. Too many contenders for the limited spots of fame available and Snookie took his years ago. Oh I just love to be snarky sometimes.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 03-27-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Glad Jeff's partner is not on this show, but I miss seeing Jett. I don't like the set up here as much as "Flipping Out", but am willing to give it more time. I wish they had named it "Interior Design with Jeff and Jenni" ... so that he wouldn't be her boss on this show. I really hate when he constantly throws that in her face, when she doesn't agree with him. Btw, the "sides" thing should have been left in high school.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

I never got into Jeff's earlier shows....every once in awhile, but that's about it. Not sure why - maybe just too much tension and drama for my tastes....and on a real level, i.e. where peoples' jobs are at stake. Also, I think it was too much "Jeff".

I like this format FAR better. It's a feel-good show which I like/need. Jeff isn't in every shot - as the story if 50% about the people he's helping.

Plus, the Lorash's (sp.?) were SUCH a charming couple .... that episode set such a good tone for me that I'll keep watching.

I'd actually like to see the Lorash's have a show of their own. They are really delightful!

If Jeff was a female, he would have his sister Jenny's voice. Since I am in thesouth, I find Jenny's voice tone quite foreign.
    You can do it!

I'm watching this show and thank you for starting the thread...I was too lazy to search to see if anyone had.
    I didn't like the first show, mainly because I couldn't stand the wife in it. Such an uptight, selfish woman. Her poor husband must love her a lot to put up with her rules.
    The second show was much better. I could understand why the wife didn't like all her husband's "stuff" and I also understood that most of them, really meant something to him. I hadn't thought that it was so scripted like Shoepie does but now that I think about it, it's possible it was totally a set up.
    I even thought Jeff was funny and cute in this episode with his constant hints to be adopted...Usually, Jeff can be annoying. Mostly because he's so much a perfectionist and all of his employees seem to be constantly on alert, afraid of being fired by Jeff.
    So far, I enjoy it but it's not something I'd hate to miss. I must admit that Jeff can be annoying but he really has excellent taste.

So glad someone started this thread. I'm a big Jeff lewis fan. I'm with you DragonLady... I didn't care for the first show but I think it had a lot to do with the wife... She was sure a snob! Her poor husband.

I did like the second show however. Bob seems like such a nice man. At first I was thinking "trophy wife" with Kiera but as time went on I think she really loves Bob. It was evident in her actions. I too think they would make a fun reality show.

As for Bob being a hoarder.... I dont' know that I would classify him as that... I think he just has some very beautiful and meaningful stuff that worth alot of money. I would have a hard time letting go of some of that as well. I liked Jeff's idea of creating a place to showcase it.

I do agree that Jeff sometimes comes off as rude to Jenni, but I also see a much softer and kinder side. I think alot of the rude stuff is for the show. He seems like someone who would be fun to hang out with to me.

I did hear (or read) somewhere that they are also filming for another season of Flipping Out. Hope that's true!

I haven't watched this show yet, but did watch his first one. I've never head that Jenni is Jeff's sister before, although I heard something about it on one of the previews. How can this be? I read that she once was married to one of his assistants.

Flipping Out - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ross the Intern is on the next show!!!! I cannot wait.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

To my knowledge Jenni isn't his sister. On his previous show Flipping Out his sister-in-law Sarah was on it for a couple of seasons.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast