+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Interior Therapy With Jeff Lewis

Re: Interior Therapy With Jeff Lewis

All I could think (and say to the tv while this episode was playing) was RUN! Get away from this man ... his issues run way deeper than you want to deal with.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    If Jeff was a female, he would have his sister Jenny's voice. Since I am in thesouth, I find Jenny's voice tone quite foreign.
    Jenni is not his sister. Where did you see that info?
    KAREN

FORT Fan

Hahahahahaha. Jenni is not related. It is Jeff's sister-in-laws sister, Sarah who worked for Jeff.
    Trust Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    He would not have that wife if he were not VERY wealthy. And with his attitude and looks it takes billions, not just millions. Sorry to be so superficial here but really. Really??? He wanted face time. He wants to be a recognized billionaire. That was the dealio here. He wants the cover of Forbes, spots on TV and to be talked about in every home, not just his circle. He wants fame!!! And he is not going to get it. Too many contenders for the limited spots of fame available and Snookie took his years ago. Oh I just love to be snarky sometimes.
    I totally agree about the gold-digger wife, I just can't see her being into him for any reason other than money & prestige. And since you mentioned the fame-whoring aspect, I'm wondering if it might be the wife who wanted to be on the show, since she's a "model/actress"...for what? &/or on what? is beyond me! She's certainly not "model pretty", IMO (not even close, plus she looks to old to be a model), but she must be a good actress if she has him convinced she loves him & not his money, (but it's probably more like he's just delusional, lol). I did agree with her though about that sculpture. I wouldn't want it either. I was disturbed by it & couldn't hardly look at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm watching this show and thank you for starting the thread...I was too lazy to search to see if anyone had.

I didn't like the first show, mainly because I couldn't stand the wife in it. Such an uptight, selfish woman. Her poor husband must love her a lot to put up with her rules.
    UGH! The wife on the first episode was a witch! She acted like a spoiled child. I guess the word
    "compromise" isn't in her vocabulary. Her husband needs to grow a pair & stand up for himself (which it looked like he finally did on the episode, but I doubt it lasted beyond taping), & she needs to get the stick surgically removed from her butt & chill the hell out. She must have him by the short-hairs or something in order for him to put up with her. She seems like a miserable person to live with!
    I thought it was hilarious (although unprofessional) when Jeff was squirting her expensive perfume all over Jenny. I wonder exactly how much of it he used?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

In the episode where the guy was totally unable to change anything in his dead aunt's house drove me nuts. What the heck was wrong with his girlfriend, putting up for that kind of behavior? These are things that are called "red flags," things you eventually learn about someone you're dating that should give you a clue to their personality. His desire to keep everything the same, while ignoring his girlfriend's needs said a WHOLE lot to me. The girlfriend has a lot more patience than I ever would.
    Something is somewhat crazy to keeping his aunt's underwear, etc in her room after a year and a half of her death. It's positively creepy and unrealistic. Save some of her possessions to remember her but underwear??????????
    And after viewing the remodel, all he kept mentioning was the picture of his family on the wall.
    He needs to go live with his family until he grows up.
    On another note, Jeff did a fabulous job as usual. He's very talented, even though somewhat annoying at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    In the episode where the guy was totally unable to change anything in his dead aunt's house drove me nuts. What the heck was wrong with his girlfriend, putting up for that kind of behavior? These are things that are called "red flags," things you eventually learn about someone you're dating that should give you a clue to their personality. His desire to keep everything the same, while ignoring his girlfriend's needs said a WHOLE lot to me. The girlfriend has a lot more patience than I ever would.
    Something is somewhat crazy to keeping his aunt's underwear, etc in her room after a year and a half of her death. It's positively creepy and unrealistic. Save some of her possessions to remember her but underwear??????????
    And after viewing the remodel, all he kept mentioning was the picture of his family on the wall.
    He needs to go live with his family until he grows up.
    On another note, Jeff did a fabulous job as usual. He's very talented, even though somewhat annoying at times.

She wasn't dead. The nephew said this several times, he said "she's not dead, & I don't want to treat her like she is" (something similar to that)...the aunt apparently was living with his parents.
    but yes it was way beyond weird that he basically wanted to keep the house, particularly that room as essentially a "shrine" to his aunt. Jeff nailed it when he said it was like an Oepidus (I know I spelled that wrong) complex, but with the aunt. It was pathetic that he had to call in his mommy to help him clean out the room & get her validation to get rid of things! One of the things was an empty box, for crying out loud!!!! And seriously, if auntie needed those undies, she would have taken them with her. That room should have been cleaned out & belongings boxed up ages ago! If she didn't take it with her & it's been 1.5 years & then it is clearly items that she doesn't need or want! But it was interesting & very telling that he had no problem getting rid of girlfriend's things!! VERY telling!
    Plus, boyfriend was totally dismissive of girlfriend's feelings...she needs to run fast & run far. She will never be a priority in his life, regardless of how he was by the end of the episode...I just don't see him as changing for the long haul. I can't believe she has stuck around for as long as she has. I think she could do much better than someone who disregards her feelings & her needs.
    I hate to see how he reacts when auntie really does pass away!

Interestingly enough, I really liked this episode, & I think it was b/c it showed a lot of Jeff saying the exact things about this guy that I was thinking!!
    Last edited by holly71; 04-01-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I love Jeff! He's very much like me, he says what he thinks and doesn't care if anyone likes it or not. I usually catch the show in reruns, so glad Bravo replays it several times through the week.

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    I love Jeff! He's very much like me, he says what he thinks and doesn't care if anyone likes it or not. I usually catch the show in reruns, so glad Bravo replays it several times through the week.
    I LOVE Jeff's way of expressing himself. He is hysterical (to us) but dead serious when he is talking. OMG, funniest time I saw him was when he did Conan a few months ago. He had Conan and the audience roaring.
    KAREN

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

If it weren't for Jenny and Zoila I wouldn't bother to tune in to any Jeff Lewis show. Having said that, I'm rather enjoying the format of this show.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I really enjoyed the Ross is Boss episode...wow, Ross was a true piece of work!
    I know that Jeff and Jenny have talked on interviews that one of the couples that they worked with, split up afterwards. Jeff said he could tell at the time that they weren't going to work out in the long run. Wonder if it was Ross and his partner? There were definitely problems between the two.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast