+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Shahs of Sunset

Re: Shahs of Sunset

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Politely??? And your point would be what???? I'd excuse myself to the ladies' room and just not come back! Why bother....since I would not have any plans to see him again! And if I did.....Oh Well......
    I don't know that I needed to make a point other than I agreed with what you posted. I guess it could mean that although the man showed too much interest in somebody other than me, I could still (and so could many women I know) make a graceful exit, meaning I don't need to be as tacky as my date, or take it personally.

Either way I think the guy would get the point. Just a matter of personal choice, I guess.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I guess I'm at the point of no longer worrying about somebody's feelings when it is obvious that they have no concerns or manners about mine. Unfortunately, with guys, sometimes you have to use an emotional 2X4 to get your point across.

I can remember the exact time that I came into the mindset that I was through putting up with people's crap that, somehow, imposed on me. It was when I turned 40!!! And there were NO excuses!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 02-13-2013 at 08:49 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I guess I'm at the point of no longer worrying about somebody's feelings when it is obvious that they have no concerns or manners about mine. Unfortunately, with guys, sometimes you have to use an emotional 2X4 to get your point across.

I can remember the exact time that I came into the mindset that I was through putting up with people's crap that, somehow, imposed on me. It was when I turned 40!!! And there were NO excuses!
    I hear you about the emotional 2x4, but in the case(s) of most men I think it's all basically a huge waste of time and energy. I wouldn't be concerned about hurting a guy's feelings in a situation like this; I'd just tell him why I was leaving and then leave. I don't like public conflict at all, so for me it would just be a quiet thing. I used to be much more confrontational, but now I'm old and tired, lol.

Now, see, I think telling him about what I was going to do would invite the public conflict. I'd rather do it and be done with it then, by the time it dawns on him that he's been left, I'd be long gone. He could have his conflict with HIMSELF!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't think the guy would have time to start anything. It would be a simple matter of a few words then a quick exit. I mean, it's not like I'd listen to anything he would have to say, if he behaved like that.

You would actually give him the chance to do what it is you don't THINK he would do??
    The moment you don't think somebody would do something is usually when they do it, and you get to kick yourself later for not listening to your inner voice.

You've apparently misunderstood me. I'm not guessing what he might do, I'm saying he wouldn't have time to do what you speculate he might do. After telling him I was bored or he needed to get over his ex before dating again, I'd just leave, and it wouldn't matter to me what he did. I would no longer be there.

In essence, it seems to me we are both actually saying we would do the same thing, lol.

So they had part one of the reunion last night. Drama ensued, to put it mildly. Wow, GG is nuts! You could see the look on Lily's face when GG was going off, she was like thinking "who IS this person??" And when Asa would sit there and just shake her head or say "wow", it was just working every last nerve in GG. She's insane. I hope she gets some help for her issues. I guess she says she is, but it doesn't seem to have helped.

MJ may have a drinking problem; about the pills I am not so sure. But what's with Reza, wanting to just publicly put everybody on blast for problems he sees? Lily is right in that MJ will have to admit to herself she has a problem before she can get any help. GG said she would talk to her privately if she thought it was an issue, which is the one thing she said that made any sense. I don't know if it would be more successful in the long term to publicly announce somebody you love has a drug or alcohol issue, but I know I would be horrified if it were brought up in this format and all my friends were sitting there telling me to own it and admit it. It's just so public! but then it's the price they pay perhaps for airing your life on tv, yada yada...

Lily really stood up for herself, and although I know many see her as fake, I liked her for that. I also like that she totally makes her own money and has her own thing going on. She needs to get over her ex, who doesn't seem as if he cares about her much, and move on. Maybe she has. She is a beautiful girl, although she has much artificial "help". she would still be pretty without all the fake lashes and hair and so on. But she's young, and there is plenty of time to see her style evolve. I don't know why I started watching this show, but I am actually interested to see if it returns, and who will be in and who will be out next time.

GG is definitely very troubled and likely not quite sane. But I got so irritated with Asa who hasn't even listened when GG has tried to apologize.

Listening to GG's apology might make sense if GG wasn't a person who would turn straight around and start bouncing off the walls after she made it.

That is the kind of person that I would have to cut out of my life, and keep on moving.

Reza just rubs me the wrong way. He's too old to act the way that he does. Gross!

+ Reply to Thread