+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Shahs of Sunset

Re: Shahs of Sunset

Since I have not lived Mike and his familys experience I am giving him a pass. I don't know the underlying issues he has but he really seemed distressed. I think maybe he thought he could handle it and at least he did not stop them from enjoying their experience. I haven't walked a mile in his shoes so I can't understand his journey
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

At first, I was thinking similar to Beesknees about Mike but, just as Ms Diva pointed out, I don't know his and his family's personal history in Iran and Turkey. Maybe he thought he could somehow rise above it or somehow think objectively or maybe he thought he was strong enough. Unfortunately, it was all too overwhelming for him. Poor thing. He's simply not ready for this experience yet. And, face it, it did rather seem as if he were coerced into going when he was quite ambivalent.

I do agree with Ms Diva. There really needs to be more episodes such as this one. No petty arguments, swipes at each other. An episode where at the end I mind doesn't end up whirling "What the heck just happened?!?!?"
    Punkin likes this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Sometimes, you don't know what emotions you are going to be hit with until they show up. I am not a Mike fan, but I kind of felt sorry for him. Asa's family reunion brought tears to my eyes at their joy in seeing each other.

Reza's BIG hair at breakfast cracked me up!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Sometimes, you don't know what emotions you are going to be hit with until they show up. I am not a Mike fan, but I kind of felt sorry for him. Asa's family reunion brought tears to my eyes at their joy in seeing each other.
    Reza's BIG hair at breakfast cracked me up!
    I am planning a trip to South Africa next year and I think I will be ok once I see Mandela's prison cell and all the history there but who knows. I recently found some documents relating to my family as slaves her in the US.A listing of my ancestors willed to a slave owners children on a list along with some candlestick holders and other things. I really just sat down and cried over it.
    Punkin likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I am planning a trip to South Africa next year and I think I will be ok once I see Mandela's prison cell and all the history there but who knows. I recently found some documents relating to my family as slaves her in the US.A listing of my ancestors willed to a slave owners children on a list along with some candlestick holders and other things. I really just sat down and cried over it.
    That must be such a life altering read. We aren't Jewish yet seeing the concentration camp Dachau still was emotionally draining. I can't imagine how it would feel to have a physical connection to an experience.
    Punkin likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Newbie

Reza is one of the most intolerant people I have ever seen on TV. It is sickening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    elleprn and doolollie like this.

I enjoyed last nights episode. I really felt for Reza,Asa and Asa's mom. Imagine not being to go back to your home country. You can sit and look across at it,but not allowed to enter it.sad.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I enjoyed last nights episode. I really felt for Reza,Asa and Asa's mom. Imagine not being to go back to your home country. You can sit and look across at it,but not allowed to enter it.sad.
    OMG, can you just imagine like say your family had to flee to CANADA and then one day you drive to the USA border and not being able to go in. Horrible. I would cry and cry.

Last night's episode was good. Although Reza complaining so LOUDY about the clothing the ladies are wearing. Geez, shut up. He is in THEIR country.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't even begin to imagine the impact of that experience.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When I was a child we traveled into East Berlin. We had to give up our passports at the gate. This frightened me so badly and the difference in the scenery was unbelievable. It was so grey and cold and the people......no one seemed happy. One thing that will forever be in my mind was watching family members pass notes discretely to others to bring back across the border/gate. We were interrogated upon departure. It was in german so I didn't catch all of it but basically it was, "Do you have anything you are taking to a defector?" The vehicle was searched to make sure we didn't have anyone hiding. They finally gave us back our passports and off we went. I can't even imagine how loved ones must have felt knowing they could never visit their family. A couple of years later, the wall came down but it was something I will never forget.
    Punkin and MsDiva2007 like this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread