+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

re: Fashion Star (NBC)

I'm not loving this show. Last night's show was a real disappointment to me. Frankly, I didn't see much difference between most of the high end and low end looks. Either the high end wasn't high enough or the low end wasn't low enough. They were mostly mid-range.

I especially wasn't feeling the weird chick who styled her models after herself and did the tuxedo suits. I didn't care for either the high end or low end look, they both looked about the same, and I was surprised she got multiple bids and one of the highest offers of the night.

I'm watching this show mostly because there's nothing else on at that time but I don't know if I'll continue watching. I'm not a fashionista so this show doesn't appeal to me as much as fashion shows like Project Runway.
    Florimel likes this.

I loved the Jacket Kara did! I would buy one . As always some of the thing the buyers didn't like, I did. LOL But that's the same in a store, if I don't like something I go to another store. I love the pace of the show, although they rushed through my favorite!

I really enjoy FS. The buyer with Saks is a bit pompous. Both Jessica and Nichole liked the yellow trench, as did I. I see that colour in the stores now, and he was surprised they liked it? I still love the show, and the pace
    dzigner likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yeah, I didn't get why they didn't like the yellow jacket, either. They've been harping that bright colors are trending and you can't get much brighter than yellow!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Yeah, I didn't get why they didn't like the yellow jacket, either. They've been harping that bright colors are trending and you can't get much brighter than yellow!
    Exactly! then some of the bright colors are all wrong, like that blue /green dress.

I think Ross should have paid attention to what Nichole was saying.He didn't, and he didn't sell. I like Ronnie's dresses, I would wear it .Obviously the panel /mentors think he has potential they saved him
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I like the show. Little snippets and not dragged out. Light fodder for the end of a long day.

I am really fascinated by the premise and can't help but wonder if it is a sign of things to come. In today's world of instant media, one-up sales like this might be the wave of the future.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I so disagreed with the buyers over Ross' garden party dresses. I could maybe pull off the white one (I'm too old for all that tulle) but I really loved the black one. The rose and the tulle...it was so pretty. I think teenagers would wear that to prom. The Saks guy said it was too 'dated' but that whole retro look is in. I also liked the white drawstring pants. I wouldn't wear them in white but I would wear them in black. Real women want fashionable clothing but we want comfortable clothing, too. Those pants fit that bill, IMO. Orly's black pants were good, too. I would wear them up on 'fat' days and fold them down when I wasn't feeling so bloated.
    Thank you! I loved the tulle dress, too, but then I'm a Southern gal who's always wanted to wear a hoop skirt and giant straw hat. I totally loved the retro vibe of it. I remember a few years ago, when I was depressed over breaking up with a guy I thought was The One. My mom bought me a dress similar to Ross', only it was black. I fell in love with the dress and knew I was over the guy. I also loved his white dress.

Was really disappointed with the buyers over their criticism of Ronnie. I loved those dresses. I thought the colors were gorgeous and the styling elegant on both of them. I'm so glad the mentors saved him.

Speaking of disagreeing with the buyers, I just did not get their love of that rainbow jumpsuit that got shown in the montage. Why in the world did it spark a bidding war? I would be embarrassed to be seen in public in that thing.

Loved Kara's jackets, although I liked the shorter one just a bit more. I love that edgy, androgynous look.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I also liked the white drawstring pants
    I had a pair just like them.I wore them until they fell apart. I dressed them up when we went on a cruise. And I also popped them on when I walked the hounds. I have been looking for a pair like it. Nothing
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Exactly! then some of the bright colors are all wrong, like that blue /green dress.

I think Ross should have paid attention to what Nichole was saying.He didn't, and he didn't sell.
    If I remember correctly when Ross does not listen to them he does not get a sale. the one time he did listen he got a sale. Haven't had a chance to watch this ep yet. I really wish Ronnie would get a sale. :-(

OMG I just saw that hideous maxi dress thing.
    Last edited by Allie; 04-06-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Nobody had anything to say about this week?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Nobody had anything to say about this week?
    Was it on - my DVR didn't tape it

+ Reply to Thread