+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

re: Fashion Star (NBC)

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I think after Oscar left I would be happy with any of them winning. The designs are good overall - I haven't really seen one I dislike now.
    Same here. I was SO glad that Oscar was eliminated; he was thoroughly annoying last week. That one judge hit it dead on: he was more of a comedian than a designer. And I hate it when people go on these shows and make a big deal about how THEY are making such a big sacrifice to be there. Like none of the other contestants are? Now that he's gone I don't care who wins. I just like looking at the clothes.

Anyway, on to the good stuff. I love this show! I love it for all the reasons people have described here. I would add that I love how the runway show is just that, a show with lights and music, etc. I think that's cool, although if I had been in the audience this week I probably would have been watching the circus performers more. And I don't mind that the fashions aren't as couture as Project Runway; that's the entire point of the show! These are supposed to be fashions for ordinary women, not Hollywood celebrities who can spend tons of money on a dress. Even PR this past all-star season had a challenge where they had to design ready-wear and think about the cost, because, as the host said, that's where designers usually make most of their money, selling in retail stores to the masses. I think of this show and PR as siblings with different personalities: like a parent, I can love them both.

I was disppointed that those maxi dresses weren't chosen. I love flowing dresses and skirts, and I didn't get what that male judge said about the blue color being weird. I thought it was lovely. I'm glad the mentors saved that designer.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I saw a blurb on TV that maxi dresses are in for the summer, so if it was just the design, then okay...but, the buyers should be aware of the trend.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I saw a blurb on TV that maxi dresses are in for the summer, so if it was just the design, then okay...but, the buyers should be aware of the trend.
    I think it was the fabric and the cut of the top. Now I liked that cut, but whatever. Perhaps the design brought nothing new and they already had enough maxis? I think the designer or the mentors mentioned the trend as well, so I doubt it was being unaware of trends on the buyers part.

I didn't get what that male judge said about the blue color being weird. I thought it was lovely.
    So did I.It was a beautiful color.Perhaps they go by what sells, or what's 'in' for the coming yr.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I saw a yellow dress with the blue belted sash on a TJ Max commercial. Wasn't a similar dress sold to one of the stores?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

The light blue color was labled weird because it was out of place in a season highlighting bright colors and even neon. That made total sense to me.

These designs are made for the retail market yet some of the designers are making dresses that cannot be worn with a bra.

Love maxi dresses but how about some styles that are not spaghetti straps. There are so many ways to style the top of a dress, enough already. Even the cutting edge styles on the red carpet are showing cap sleeves and higher necks. It seems to be the style right now.

I thought the styling with the mens shorts was a bit off. The blue chambray shirt did not go with the two tone pink shorts. It was a miss for me. Didnt matter anyway, they wanted the shorts.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I thought the styling with the mens shorts was a bit off. The blue chambray shirt did not go with the two tone pink shorts. It was a miss for me. Didnt matter anyway, they wanted the shorts.
    While I do agree his styling was a bit off - I think the buyer realized that in the case of those shorts that some men may not be wearing shirts with the shorts, or that it's hard to find some complimentary colors in MEN'S shirts that match the shorts.

Dzimiro's outfits so far are the ones I keep looking forward to seeing each week because he's always trying to do something new and unique.

I just can not get into this show. Will fully admit to not being a fan of the celebrity judges. Do these designers actually sew their own designs or do they have assistants helping them?
    pikachu likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Dzimiro's outfits so far are the ones I keep looking forward to seeing each week because he's always trying to do something new and unique.
    Same here, and I liked the shorts
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I so disagreed with the buyers over Ross' garden party dresses. I could maybe pull off the white one (I'm too old for all that tulle) but I really loved the black one. The rose and the tulle...it was so pretty. I think teenagers would wear that to prom. The Saks guy said it was too 'dated' but that whole retro look is in. I also liked the white drawstring pants. I wouldn't wear them in white but I would wear them in black. Real women want fashionable clothing but we want comfortable clothing, too. Those pants fit that bill, IMO. Orly's black pants were good, too. I would wear them up on 'fat' days and fold them down when I wasn't feeling so bloated.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread