+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 353
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

  1. #341
    Kip
    Kip is offline
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,597

    Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

    My favorite designers weren't in the final three. I hadn't liked many of Daniel's designs up until now, but his final collection was by far my favorite of the 3. I think I liked all but one of his designs. I liked Cassandra's 2-color square-neck dress. I liked one or 2 of Hunter's, but I can't even remember any of them now.

    Even though I didn't agree with the outcome, I'm fine with it because the judges are putting their money where their mouths are. I'm willing to trust that 2 out of 3 of the judges presumably think that they can sell Hunter's clothes better than the other two designers.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

  2. #342
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,892

    Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

    I finally had the chance to see this last night. What were those jusges thinking? Hunter...REALLY....SERIOUSLY?? ?? The only think I may have worn was the dress from Macys but even that is a big IF. I am not sure just how much I would have liked that square neckline.
    I did prefer Daniel's collection. That white lace dress...sigh!
    I noticed on Macys site alot of the designs are on clearance so I guess they weren't the major sellers like last season and H&M.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

  3. #343
    Kip
    Kip is offline
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,597

    Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

    My husband just asked what happened to Fashion Star - he wondered why it wasn't on the fall line-up. I just googled it - it was a spring series, but in July, NBC cancelled it.

  4. #344
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,999

    Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

    I couldn't believe that Fashion Star was cancelled and that the super-boring Project Runway
    continues on, ad infinitum. I fast-forward through the first 50 minutes of Project Runway (cause I can't stand the negativity of the designers squabbling with each other) and just watch the runway show and the judges analysis.

    And the best part of Fashion Star was the RETAIL BUYERS!!! That was so exciting, and so real-world important!!! Too bad Project Runway doesn't take a page from Fashion Star's buyer's portion. To me, that would improve the show immensely!
    Florimel likes this.

  5. #345
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,059

    Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I couldn't believe that Fashion Star was cancelled and that the super-boring Project Runway
    continues on, ad infinitum. I fast-forward through the first 50 minutes of Project Runway (cause I can't stand the negativity of the designers squabbling with each other) and just watch the runway show and the judges analysis.

    And the best part of Fashion Star was the RETAIL BUYERS!!! That was so exciting, and so real-world important!!! Too bad Project Runway doesn't take a page from Fashion Star's buyer's portion. To me, that would improve the show immensely!
    I loved FS. I don't watch PR.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  6. #346
    FORT Fogey Babbred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow...
    Posts
    2,831

    Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    My husband just asked what happened to Fashion Star - he wondered why it wasn't on the fall line-up. I just googled it - it was a spring series, but in July, NBC cancelled it.

    Seriously? Shame on you, NBC. Although I watch PR, I also loved this show. In fact, I loved it better than PR. I can't believe FS got such terrible ratings that it needed cancelling. Now I'm glad I gave up on NBC's other show, The Voice.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

    Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

  7. #347
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    22,059

    Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Seriously? Shame on you, NBC. Although I watch PR, I also loved this show. In fact, I loved it better than PR. I can't believe FS got such terrible ratings that it needed cancelling. Now I'm glad I gave up on NBC's other show, The Voice.
    I never heard anything bad about this show most people I know , on forums and in RL loved it.
    Imperfect1 and jucamer like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  8. #348
    FORT Fogey jucamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,562

    Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

    Oh NO! I really like this show - and will miss Terron
    Imperfect1 and Photobabe like this.

  9. #349
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,726

    Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Seriously? Shame on you, NBC. Although I watch PR, I also loved this show. In fact, I loved it better than PR. I can't believe FS got such terrible ratings that it needed cancelling. Now I'm glad I gave up on NBC's other show, The Voice.
    Nothing But Cancellations.

    The End.
    Kip, TripleGemini, Moontat and 1 others like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  10. #350
    FORT Fogey PA Snow Bunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,892

    Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

    I am wondering if this show was concelled more due to the fact that these items really didn't sell & perhaps some of the retailers dropped out. Macy's had a ton of these clothes in their clearance depsrtment really, really cheap in August. I didn't buy anything because in all honesty they didn't look good & most looked way too young for me. I suspect Lord & Taylor had the same situation. Express replaced H&M this past year.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.