+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

My favorite designers weren't in the final three. I hadn't liked many of Daniel's designs up until now, but his final collection was by far my favorite of the 3. I think I liked all but one of his designs. I liked Cassandra's 2-color square-neck dress. I liked one or 2 of Hunter's, but I can't even remember any of them now.

Even though I didn't agree with the outcome, I'm fine with it because the judges are putting their money where their mouths are. I'm willing to trust that 2 out of 3 of the judges presumably think that they can sell Hunter's clothes better than the other two designers.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I finally had the chance to see this last night. What were those jusges thinking? Hunter...REALLY....SERIOUSLY?? ?? The only think I may have worn was the dress from Macys but even that is a big IF. I am not sure just how much I would have liked that square neckline.
    I did prefer Daniel's collection. That white lace dress...sigh!
    I noticed on Macys site alot of the designs are on clearance so I guess they weren't the major sellers like last season and H&M.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

My husband just asked what happened to Fashion Star - he wondered why it wasn't on the fall line-up. I just googled it - it was a spring series, but in July, NBC cancelled it.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I couldn't believe that Fashion Star was cancelled and that the super-boring Project Runway
    continues on, ad infinitum. I fast-forward through the first 50 minutes of Project Runway (cause I can't stand the negativity of the designers squabbling with each other) and just watch the runway show and the judges analysis.

And the best part of Fashion Star was the RETAIL BUYERS!!! That was so exciting, and so real-world important!!! Too bad Project Runway doesn't take a page from Fashion Star's buyer's portion. To me, that would improve the show immensely!
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I couldn't believe that Fashion Star was cancelled and that the super-boring Project Runway
    continues on, ad infinitum. I fast-forward through the first 50 minutes of Project Runway (cause I can't stand the negativity of the designers squabbling with each other) and just watch the runway show and the judges analysis.

And the best part of Fashion Star was the RETAIL BUYERS!!! That was so exciting, and so real-world important!!! Too bad Project Runway doesn't take a page from Fashion Star's buyer's portion. To me, that would improve the show immensely!
    I loved FS. I don't watch PR.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    My husband just asked what happened to Fashion Star - he wondered why it wasn't on the fall line-up. I just googled it - it was a spring series, but in July, NBC cancelled it.

Seriously? Shame on you, NBC. Although I watch PR, I also loved this show. In fact, I loved it better than PR. I can't believe FS got such terrible ratings that it needed cancelling. Now I'm glad I gave up on NBC's other show, The Voice.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Seriously? Shame on you, NBC. Although I watch PR, I also loved this show. In fact, I loved it better than PR. I can't believe FS got such terrible ratings that it needed cancelling. Now I'm glad I gave up on NBC's other show, The Voice.
    I never heard anything bad about this show most people I know , on forums and in RL loved it.
    Imperfect1 and jucamer like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh NO! I really like this show - and will miss Terron
    Imperfect1 and Photobabe like this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Nothing But Cancellations.

The End.
    Kip, TripleGemini, Moontat and 1 others like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I am wondering if this show was concelled more due to the fact that these items really didn't sell & perhaps some of the retailers dropped out. Macy's had a ton of these clothes in their clearance depsrtment really, really cheap in August. I didn't buy anything because in all honesty they didn't look good & most looked way too young for me. I suspect Lord & Taylor had the same situation. Express replaced H&M this past year.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread