+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

I agree about the whole team concept, the meh clothes of this last episode --- and they definitely sent home the wrong designer. (To me, Cassandra is the weakest designer left, then the guy team, and then Daniel. My favorites are/were Sylvia and Hunter.) But, with all that, over-all, I still love the show. It's exciting and fun and high energy, and compelling from start to finish. And I think that generally speaking, the cothes this year are far better than those designed last year.

FORT Fan

Despite my complaints upthread, I still like it too. i hope that it comes back for a third season and they nix the team concept. I like current host better than the previous. The current host was on MTVs the City for a few episodes. She worked for Elle in some capacity.

But, it has always been teams, hasn't it? One for each mentor? It's just that this season, for a few of the challenges the looks had to show a cohesion, which they hadn't in previous seasons. At this point, those mentors with designers will help all they can to keep their designers; and the designers have to show the individual strengths.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    But, it has always been teams, hasn't it? One for each mentor? It's just that this season, for a few of the challenges the looks had to show a cohesion, which they hadn't in previous seasons. At this point, those mentors with designers will help all they can to keep their designers; and the designers have to show the individual strengths.
    No last year all three mentor/designers worked with and advised all of the contestants. It was obvious they had their favorites, for example Nicole loved Zamiro (I think his name was something similar) the guy who did a lot of mens wear.

Tonight's episode is one reason I hate the 'team/mentor' concept. It just seems way too contrived that there is conveniently one designer left from each mentor. Whether it was just by chance or not, it doesn't come across that way. It is also called 'Fashion STAR' not 'STARS' so I knew JR&G would be leaving. They appeared to be really nice guys, but it never did make sense to me that they had a duo there and all the rest were solo designers. No matter how you slice it, it must be easier when there is another set of hands and another pair of eyes. A perfect example was tonight when Cassandra lost her pattern and had to recut a whole new one. If she had been part of a duo there would have been more hands to do the cutting. Nothing against JR&G- I just thought it was odd.

On a side note, I thought Daniel'spatter skirt and shirt were hideous. All I could think of was the homemade Spiderman costume Peter Parker made when he first became Spiderman. It looked like a big spider web on her shirt and the shirt also looked way too wide for the model. The skirt wasn't much better.

With all the lackluster bids tonight it was so obvious Hunter, whom was saved for last, was going to get huge bids. I'm kind-of with Cassandra and a bit sick of her whining.

I loved Cassandra's dresses and I'm surprised the longer one didn't get more offers.
    Shoepie and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

I didn't think the longer dresses would get any offers. In warm weather who wants to wear something so high and tight on their neck? It reminded me of the ill fated sleeveless turtle necks of some era gone by.

What was the fabric Daniel used for his skirt and top? Plastic? I was shocked Sax bought them.

The dresses didn't seem all that interesting.

As far as the duo, I don't think they were eliminated because they were a team. Badgley Mischka and Dolce and Gabanna are two who stand out in this field. I believe the other designers probably had an extra set of helping hands to compensate.

FORT Fan

The only thing down the runway last night I would consider buying was Daniel's pencil skirt. I loved the leather pieces. I was bummed that Saks bought it because I knew it would be out of my price range. And I was right it's $250. They paired the top with the skirt and tucked it in so it is more flattering. I thought Cassandra's dresses were not anything special, I have seen shirt dresses before and ones that were much better done than hers. The column dress had Express written all over it. Hunter's lace dress looked cheap, in my opinion.

I loved that yellow shirt dress! loved it- I love Cassandra
    I also liked Jesse-ray and Garret. Least appealing for me was Daniel
    Hunters dresses were lovely, but nothing I would wear
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Surprised that nobody has commented on the finale. Or maybe not. I mean, honestly. Did anybody not see that coming from a mile away?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I would love to know what happens? I am watching right now but may not be able to see the ending. Please spoil me, okay? You can put it in spoiler tags if you like.

+ Reply to Thread