+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

While I liked Johanna's blouses, I was surprised that they started a bidding a war. To me they just looked like blouses.

Overall, I liked the fashions, though. And this is still one of my favorite shows. I love how they have to design with the rest of us in mind, and not just produce crud that can only be worn by a Size 0 model or an A-list starlet. The designers on this show seem to have much better attitudes than the ones on PR, and think that's a large reason why.

I also love how they do real fashion shows, with the music and effects. Also, is it my imagination, or do the models on this show seem to have more oomph than on PR? I mean, it just seems like they're walking with more confidence and sexiness. I could be wrong, though. This season of PR I've been too busy groaning at the fashions to really notice the models.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Even the set on Fashion Star is better. That plain black set and plain black runway on PR looks like something they'd pull out for a junior high school home ec class show. I realize the runway shouldn't steal the sparkle from the fashions, but a boring runway and boring fashions . . . yuck-o.

Liking Fashion Star more every week.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Even the set on Fashion Star is better. That plain black set and plain black runway on PR looks like something they'd pull out for a junior high school home ec class show. I realize the runway shouldn't steal the sparkle from the fashions, but a boring runway and boring fashions . . . yuck-o.

Liking Fashion Star more every week.
    I think you're on to something, AZChristian. To me, going from PR to Fashion Star, is like going from design 'school' to the professional design world. I am fascinated by Fashion Star from start to finish, and totally agree with everything you said about the look and the feel of the program. When I watch PR now, I just fast-forward directly to the last half hour and start watching with the runway-portion of the show. I do enjoy that portion and the judges' critique, but the first hour filled with designers bickering and rolling their eyes and bad-mouthing everyone else's designs, no longer interests me at all. And even Tim and Heidi can't continue to say and do the exact same thing, episode after episode, year after year, and have it remain interesting.

On the other hand, every episode of Fashion Star is fresh, lively, and interesting from start to finish, and visually, the runway set IS very beautifully done, and totally enhanced by the music and high energy of the models and the live audience! And to me, the concept of having real buyers/major department stores bidding for the clothes which can actually be instantly purchased by the public was GENIUS!!! It's like they took the best concepts from design shows and game shows and combined them, giving this new show a tremendous amount of pizzazz and excitement.

My only complaint is that I think they made a huge mistake with this new runway host, Louise Roe, who is totally meh!!!! I'm so sorry Elle MacPherson isn't with the show any more -- and I hope that next season we have a different person hosting the show.

FORT Fan

There is so much going on during the fashion show on FS that I almost forget to look at the clothes -- loud music, fast walking models, camera shots of designers back stage, camera shots of celebrity mentors, camera shots of store buyers -- all in 10 seconds. I much prefer PR and it's lack of distractions.
    Different strokes.
    Trust Me!

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

There is so much going on during the fashion show on FS that I almost forget to look at the clothes -- loud music, fast walking models, camera shots of designers back stage, camera shots of celebrity mentors, camera shots of store buyers -- all in 10 seconds. I much prefer PR and it's lack of distractions.
    Different strokes.
    I understand your point. But I have ADHD, so the stimulation works for me. It's the way my brain looks at everything . . . ooooh - look at the butterfly.
    Imperfect1 and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I think you're on to something, AZChristian. To me, going from PR to Fashion Star, is like going from design 'school' to the professional design world. I am fascinated by Fashion Star from start to finish, and totally agree with everything you said about the look and the feel of the program. When I watch PR now, I just fast-forward directly to the last half hour and start watching with the runway-portion of the show. I do enjoy that portion and the judges' critique, but the first hour filled with designers bickering and rolling their eyes and bad-mouthing everyone else's designs, no longer interests me at all. And even Tim and Heidi can't continue to say and do the exact same thing, episode after episode, year after year, and have it remain interesting.

Love it! Great observation. And yes, I still love Tim (all the time) and Heidi (most of the time), but PR has just gotten stale for me. Lousy designers, lousy attitudes, way too much focus on the negativity between them, trying to manufacture drama by only giving them one day to create their dresses, etc. I love FS precisely because it's the opposite of all that. I cheered last week when Johanna and Daniel pulled their act together and knocked everybody out with their designs. On PR they would have just stood there sniping at each other because of their lousy creation, and probably would have been up for elimination.

On the other hand, every episode of Fashion Star is fresh, lively, and interesting from start to finish, and visually, the runway set IS very beautifully done, and totally enhanced by the music and high energy of the models and the live audience! And to me, the concept of having real buyers/major department stores bidding for the clothes which can actually be instantly purchased by the public was GENIUS!!! It's like they took the best concepts from design shows and game shows and combined them, giving this new show a tremendous amount of pizzazz and excitement.
    Yep!

My only complaint is that I think they made a huge mistake with this new runway host, Louise Roe, who is totally meh!!!! I'm so sorry Elle MacPherson isn't with the show any more -- and I hope that next season we have a different person hosting the show.

Does anybody else think she resembles Kat Deeley? Every time I turn on the show, I think "Why is Kat hosting it?"

And AZ, I totally get you about ADD. My mom has been a teacher for 30 years, and she always suspected that I had ADD. I get distracted very easily--cool! look at that squirrel!--and so this show fits me, too. Just enough of the designers and creating and worrying, then a fast moving show with lots of sensory input. Perfect!
    Imperfect1 and AZChristian like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    Different strokes.
    I actually have a suggestion for that, Newsboi, and it's something that I do frequently. I always DVR (TIVO) my favorite shows, and in cases like this, where something happens too fast, I just rewind a bit, and run it again. And sometimes I'll re-run it in IN SLOW MOTION. And Voila! You get to see everything as carefully, and for as long as you want! Fabulous!
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Does anybody else think she resembles Kat Deeley? Every time I turn on the show, I think "Why is Kat hosting it?"
    Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I started watching this show a few weeks ago and was instantly hooked. I really like it. But when the fashion show started I really thought the host was Kat!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I started watching this show a few weeks ago and was instantly hooked. I really like it. But when the fashion show started I really thought the host was Kat!
    Really? not me.There is only one Kat Deeley. I think it's her British accent, but nothing else resembles Kat( to me)
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

I see it too! I think that's exactly why she was hired.
    Trust Me!

+ Reply to Thread