+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

I loved Joanna's blue top or the black/white polka dot - I don't know which was bought. Anyway, the blue blouse with the skirt would have been a terrific full addition look.
    Florimel and sparklete like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

It looked like a one piece( in blue) I loved that. Not sure I would buy it though
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought it was interesting that Express told the designers that the clothes they sell need to be able to be worn by all shapes and sizes. When Hunter's romper walked the runway I was like...."um...my left butt cheek (and probably my right) would be hanging out of that!" As nice as it was, it wasn't something for all sizes for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I thought it was interesting that Express told the designers that the clothes they sell need to be able to be worn by all shapes and sizes. When Hunter's romper walked the runway I was like...."um...my left butt cheek (and probably my right) would be hanging out of that!" As nice as it was, it wasn't something for all sizes for sure!
    I can't wear most of the clothes they send down the runway because my stomach is bloated because of my kidneys. (I don't wear anything with a defined waistline.) Besides, at size 12-14, they consider me a "plus" size ;-)

I did not think that romper was worth what the stores went ahead and bid for it.
    I got a phone call just before the ending, though.
    Can anyone tell me who went home? TIA

I do like this show, but I really miss Elle McPherson.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Amber was sent home.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I'm confused about the mney. If a store offers to pay $100,000 for a garment, is that the amount they will pay to have the garment produced? If not that, who gets the cash?
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    This is a show that I'd like to see expanded to 90 minutes or two hours. I want to see more of the assignment, the mentoring, the designing, the workrooms, the judging, and the feedback.

It's so nice to see designers actually design SELLABLE fashions instead of crap made out of party stores and pet shops (cough*Project Runway*cough)?
    I woiuld like to hear more from the buyers. How does their communication work on their computer, who are they talking to, why they reject a garment and more. I am not into seeing more of the mentoring or work room. Well, I would like to see some stronger mentoring though!

Photobabe, I want to know that, too.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 04-15-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I'm confused about the mney. If a store offers to pay $100,000 for a garment, is that the amount they will pay to have the garment produced? If not that, who gets the cash?
    I dont know the answer either.I thought that was what they paid for the contract
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont know the answer either.I thought that was what they paid for the contract
    I don't know but logic tells me they buy $100,000 (or whatever) worth of items. They, in turn, do a 200% mark up, which used to be the norm but it could be even higher now. So the designer wants x amount for each garment and gives them that many, whatever that may be. I think they have already established a maximum amount per garment in a contract.

+ Reply to Thread