+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I like Fashion Star a lot too, in fact it's become one of my favorite shows! BUT last week when they focused on some of the designers bickering and bad-mouthing each other. I though OHHHH NOOOOO, shades of Project Runway. I sure hope they're NOT going to go in that direction, thinking the public needs fighting in order to have a popular show! I can appreciate wanting some 'drama' --- but there's plenty of drama built into the design process and the competition --- I'd rather see them focus on that, and not the designers' negativity and bad behavior.
    I agree, I don't need the extra drama. I think it created in part because they were forced to work in teams. TPTB showed quite a bit of those comments and I'd prefer if the show doesn't go in that direction. I actually think if they want to sell the products they'd do better to not show us those comments too often.

Actually, the two-person teams worked really well last night. And some of the outfits were amazing, especially the ones from Nicole's dysfunctional couple. (Yes, even after all this time, I'm fuzzy on names.)

But I really thought Amanda (the blond from John's team who is wickedly inconsistent) should have gone home, not the guy who did. (But editor foreshadowing implied he was going...he got the "I really need the money" confessionals.)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Actually, the two-person teams worked really well last night. And some of the outfits were amazing, especially the ones from Nicole's dysfunctional couple. (Yes, even after all this time, I'm fuzzy on names.)

But I really thought Amanda (the blond from John's team who is wickedly inconsistent) should have gone home, not the guy who did. (But editor foreshadowing implied he was going...he got the "I really need the money" confessionals.)
    I liked the idea of working in two person teams and how well it turned out for that two designers who had thought they couldn't work together at all but ended up with the highest bids for their designs.

And I thought I wouldn't like the concept of only the people who got the highest dollar amount for their designs was safe but due to the much higher bids we saw this week than any time previously I thought it added a lot of suspense to the show.

I am sure the buyers hiked up the bids at the request of the show. I still liked it though.
    BTW I don't remember their names either except for Hunter and now Amy.

FORT Fogey

I like this show. I would like to see more of the garments and less in the work room, though. Since they are actually selling the clothes one would think they would put more focus on them.

Many good things last night! I loved all the pencil skirts and some of the shirts/tops were excellent. It went so fast I didn't get a good look at the shirt that was apparently knit since the duo made it. I would like to hear a detailed description of the clothes, as well.

The buyers are in touch with their stores/execs on their computers and I want to know how that works.

FORT Fan

Shoepie:
    I suspect the very quick views of the designs are meant to intrigue us enough to go online to look at them at our leisure and then to buy them.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    Shoepie:
    I suspect the very quick views of the designs are meant to intrigue us enough to go online to look at them at our leisure and then to buy them.
    Ahhh, of course. They want hits on their site.

Loved both skirts( sexy) not keen on men's fashions, and some of the men on this show are so paranoid.
    I thought everything was pretty nice, and I would wear most of it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I love the idea of this show. It needs some fine tuning, however. Feedback from the buyers is the most interesting part and we see so little of it. I want to know why they do not buy something. Perhaps they will read feedback and we will see a revised formula next season. It has the potential of being the best show on fashion.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

This is a show that I'd like to see expanded to 90 minutes or two hours. I want to see more of the assignment, the mentoring, the designing, the workrooms, the judging, and the feedback.

It's so nice to see designers actually design SELLABLE fashions instead of crap made out of party stores and pet shops (cough*Project Runway*cough)?
    Florimel, Shoepie, justCoz and 2 others like this.

I love this show!
    I must say I didn't really care for anything this week.A romper, meh. While I love a jumpsuit, I find them too much trouble when I need to use the washroom.

Nothing grabbed me like last week, still love the show though
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread