+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I love the top and the coat dress with the flowers. However, it sounded like size 12 was their plus size, and that is not my size. While I can't afford them, I'm still tempted to go online and look.
    I heard that and my head spun. Really? Size 12 is now "plus size"? I mean, c'mon...
    Shoepie and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

The woman who made a cut out for both sizes is nuts. No woman who wears size 12 would want a cut out. I wear size 8 and it just would not look good. That is a very young design. I think the point was not onlly size but age.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I like it as it is. Too much and I would tune out. I fell asleep during it last night, but thank hank its recorded
    That is all about our ability to stay up late! Nothing about the content. Love my DVR! I watch many shows with my moring coffee.
    NCLurker and Imperfect1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    That is all about our ability to stay up late! Nothing about the content. Love my DVR! I watch many shows with my moring coffee.
    I watched it this afternoon, and I don't think it was as good as last week( the designs) but I don't need anymore from this show Its on here at 9.00 pm - hardly bedtime.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I watched it this afternoon, and I don't think it was as good as last week( the designs) but I don't need anymore from this show Its on here at 9.00 pm - hardly bedtime.
    I don't even know when the fu*k it is on here. I just know I watch it in the morning. I start it, that I know. Finnish it, not often. My bedtime is directly related to cocktails, exercize during the day and how much money I spent on shoes and kitchen appliances. Amazon is my late night buddy. We are in love. We are monogamos.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I don't even know when the fu*k it is on here. I just know I watch it in the morning. I start it, that I know. Finnish it, not often. My bedtime is directly related to cocktails, exercize during the day and how much money I spent on shoes and kitchen appliances. Amazon is my late night buddy. We are in love. We are monogamos.
    LOL , ah Amazon.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I really thought that black flowered dress was horrible on the larger model who wasn't even as large as a real plus woman would be. My biggest issue with my body are my boobs. Any dress like that would automatically put me in maternity wear. A nice wrap dress or something that is fit on top with a similar coloured, full skirt is much better on my body.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I really thought that black flowered dress was horrible on the larger model who wasn't even as large as a real plus woman would be. My biggest issue with my body are my boobs. Any dress like that would automatically put me in maternity wear. A nice wrap dress or something that is fit on top with a similar coloured, full skirt is much better on my body.
    I thought it was horrible all around. I was surprised it was bought because I didn't think it was especially flattering on either model but particularly not the larger model. Didn't the buyer say it was flattering to both sizes?

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I thought it was horrible all around. I was surprised it was bought because I didn't think it was especially flattering on either model but particularly not the larger model. Didn't the buyer say it was flattering to both sizes?
    I thought she did say that. I remember saying to my husband "no it isn't"
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I thought she did say that. I remember saying to my husband "no it isn't"
    That puzzled me too. It reminded me of the big umbrellas they put over tables at parties. And the way it stuck out all around seemed guaranteed to produce the effect of "Look how ibt I am!" on anyone paying attention to the wearer.

I have a pretty good eye for visual effects and I admit that often the buyers puzzle me with their comments on what is flattering and what is not.
    For example short peplums that stick out are not flattering to someone with real woman-sized hips since they draw attention to that part of the body like a laser pointer.
    IMO only of course.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread