+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

That one top that Express bought? I could wear that :-) (We just don't have the budget right now or I would have purchased it.)

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Darn - missed the show tonight. "Les Miserables" came out on DVD today, so we were watching it with the closed-captioning on to pick up all the lyrics I've missed during the NINE times I saw it in the movies. And all of the bonus features.

But I am sorry to have missed "Fashion Star."

Though I'm not normally attracted to peplum's, I sure do like Hunter's...I keep looking at the Express website debating....it is selling for $78. I am so hesitant to buy though. I bought a dress last year, and even went up a size, but it was still to small.

I wouldn't mind if I could return to store, since there is an Express 2 miles away, but last year, it was an H&M design and it had to be mailed back. No store returns...I guess I could run over to Express tomorrow morning...

FORT Fogey

I liked the theme last night. I was surprised the black dress with white flowers was purchased by Macy. Perhaps it looked better in person.

I could tell that some were going to tank when showed in the work room. The black and red dress was shockingly bad! The reversable sweater for a man got the exact feedback from a buyer that I expected. The material was very flimsy and would cling to a larger man's body and not look good, at all.

I would love to hear why each item was rejected by all the buyers. This show could easily be 90 mins to 2 hours. I am left wanting more!

FORT Fan

I too would like to hear more critiques. The few we do hear are very helpful. I wish this show were more like Shark Tank where they spend a lot of time analyzing why they will or won't invest in someone's business. I've learned a lot about how businesses are created and run, especially the mindset needed to have a successful business from listening to those analyses. I would love to learn a lot more about the design industry and the thinking of the individual designers in an orderly way, not in the brief random snippets we get now.
    Shoepie and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    I too would like to hear more critiques. The few we do hear are very helpful. I wish this show were more like Shark Tank where they spend a lot of time analyzing why they will or won't invest in someone's business. I've learned a lot about how businesses are created and run, especially the mindset needed to have a successful business from listening to those analyses. I would love to learn a lot more about the design industry and the thinking of the individual designers in an orderly way, not in the brief random snippets we get now.
    Great idea!

I like it as it is. Too much and I would tune out. I fell asleep during it last night, but thank hank its recorded
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I love the top and the coat dress with the flowers. However, it sounded like size 12 was their plus size, and that is not my size. While I can't afford them, I'm still tempted to go online and look.

ETA: the top at Express is sold out (duh) though the A-line dress (black w/white flowers) at Macy*s is still available in size 14-24. The dress is priced at $115 and the top at $40.

For larger sizes, Express goes the L, XL route (which is hard to guess without fitting) while Macy*s goes with the actual numbers as mentioned above.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-23-2013 at 12:25 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I,too, loved the tunic. I'm a size 8 but I thought it was extremely flattering for both models. I also liked the men's cardigan but it wouldn't look good on a paunchy guy. I liked it though.
    sparklete likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I really didn't like any of them this week. If I had to choose one, it would have been the one with the cowl neck- I think it suited both sizes. The red and the black? nope thought it was ugly and I don't like the peplum. I thought that was last year. The black dress with flowers. ugly! in both sizes.

I didn't like any of Nicole's designers that tree dress was
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread