+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Was that the black one with the horizontal slashes with the nude-colored lining? Gotta be honest, that was my LEAST favorite of everything they showed. I thought it looked so tacky and hoochie mama that only Heidi Klum would wear it.
    Yep! That's the dress. I can definitely see Heidi in that thing!
    NCLurker and AZChristian like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    Yep! That's the dress. I can definitely see Heidi in that thing!
    But she'd probably have the lining taken out.

Okay, we'd better quit talking about her in THIS thread!!!

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I guess David's interpretation of James Bond wasn't sexy. It could have been if he had listened to John. Bye David.

I have to remember they are supposed to be designing for Spring, so color is important. It looks like blue is the color this spring.

I did like the slashed dress. It looked sophisticated to me, not hootchie, especially if they used an expensive fabric for the lining.

I thought the woven dress looked rather heavy, but thank goodness they listened to Jessica and left off the woven sweater.

This is such an interesting show with broad stroke themes for individual interpretation.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I guess David's interpretation of James Bond wasn't sexy. It could have been if he had listened to John. Bye David.

I have to remember they are supposed to be designing for Spring, so color is important. It looks like blue is the color this spring.

I did like the slashed dress. It looked sophisticated to me, not hootchie, especially if they used an expensive fabric for the lining.

I thought the woven dress looked rather heavy, but thank goodness they listened to Jessica and left off the woven sweater.

This is such an interesting show with broad stroke themes for individual interpretation.
    I personally couldn't stand the grey woven dress. I thought it just looked dirty or smudged and didn't show off the weaving. I'd rather see a version in for example differing shades of blue.

The black version IMO was divine. I'd wear that myself.
    Putting a sweater with that dress would have completely ruined the look. So glad Jessica convinced them to leave off the sweater.

FORT Fan

I wish they'd give us more of the feedback for each design the way they did last year from the mentors and from the buyers. Maybe they will when there are fewer contestants.
    I don't count "That's gorgeous" or "How lovely" as substantial feedback and that's about all we're getting from anyone right now.

I thought it was smart of that one contestant who asked the buyers for their reasons for not buying it. Constructive feedback even when negative can be really helpful in creative endeavors.
    Kip likes this.

I loved the woven dresses, loved them .

I also liked Sylvia's dress( in blush I think) low back, short- sexy! and Johanna's longer dress with the slit! I would buy those three- no problems

Hated the slash dresses - so few could wear that.

Good designers all around. Both men were not sexy, or even close to being nice James Bond? where?

I like the new host, she reminds me a little of Cat Deeley .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think Saks was the only one to bid on the coat dress because it is a high ticket item.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

From the most recent showing (March 16) I have to say the sheer maxi dress and the woven dresses were my favorites of the ones bought. Both were sexy but NOT hoochie (a more polite term). The maxi dress had the shorts-effect and then the long dress so it was a bit modest, and the black woven dress in particular was very lovely. I can see why someone would say the black/grey dress looked a bit sooty, and agree that a blue one would be absolutely divine. That said, I presume they used said material in order to show the detail a little easier without resorting to two different colors (which could hurt them).

I also liked the motojacket, but yes, it was in fall colors. He really should've done it in blues and greens - still would've looked nice and sharp but the right color. I really do think the Macy's gal would've picked it up in a heartbeat if he had the right season.

I am glad that Fashion Star is on because the designers are given time to make a product and the goal is for it to be sold. I used to enjoy Project Runway but they have rushed the designers so much now that the final product is sometimes glued together.

I enjoy the direction from the mentors and it's refreshing to see new ideas/designs.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I'm enjoying tonights show. They have to make two versions of the same garment. One, in the regular model skinny size and the same garment for a plus size model. There are some really nice outfits being shown (and bought!)
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

+ Reply to Thread