+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Why did the buyers bid so much on particular items when they could have won the round for much lower? Didn't make sense to me...
    That's part of what I love so much about this show. The store buyers are not just trying to 'win' the fashion item, they're actually placing an ORDER for the amount that they think (and they WANT) to be able to sell. The more they like the item, the more pieces they think they can sell of that item, which means the more money they will bid in order to receive more (in quantity) of that item, so that they have the opportunity to actually sell all those pieces --- equaling the more money they'll make from that item! So that's why the bid wasn't just barely enough to 'win' ---- it was reflective of how many pieces of that item the buyer thought the store would actually sell.

I liked this show a lot last year, but I am LOVING it this year. They have really upped their game! The designers are so much better, and I think that's why some of the buyer's bids were so much higher than last year --- because the clothes were apparently so much more saleable than the ones from last year.

And the whole vibe of the show was positive, fast moving, exciting and fascinating. Really fun! (And, so much more enjoyable than Project Runway.)
    AZChristian and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

Nicole let her desginer down by not insisting he stick with men's wear. If they are being mentors that means get in there and give serious feedback. She did mention that to him but it was very weak. The darker pants were very nice as opposed to the team of two men who designed that boring dress.

I really enjoyed this show.
    AZChristian and Babbred like this.

I totally forgot about this show & my cable company does not have this show on their on demand schedule....sigh!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I was half asleep. Saks fires Hunter then bids really high for her design - hmm okay
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

I watched the first season of this show and fell in love with it. I enjoy watching really quirky talented people do their stuff.
    Some of the dresses were gorgeous, like Hunter's orange version of her dress, while some of the items that get high bids like those hoodies just leave me cold and then confused when those high numbers pop up.
    Kip likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    I watched the first season of this show and fell in love with it. I enjoy watching really quirky talented people do their stuff.
    Some of the dresses were gorgeous, like Hunter's orange version of her dress, while some of the items that get high bids like those hoodies just leave me cold and then confused when those high numbers pop up.
    Oh I loved the darker hoodie. It is something my sons would wear.

I liked the other vest/jacket but it reminded me of something you would buy in a sporting goods store for camping. It came apart so you could just wear the vest (perfect for fishing!) during the warmer day and then add the sleeves when the sun goes down.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Oh I loved the darker hoodie. It is something my sons would wear.

I liked the other vest/jacket but it reminded me of something you would buy in a sporting goods store for camping. It came apart so you could just wear the vest (perfect for fishing!) during the warmer day and then add the sleeves when the sun goes down.
    Okay! Maybe that flexibility was what the buyers liked about it.
    I'll keep that in mind while watching future bidding.

FORT Fogey

I was surprized to see so many bad designs tonight. Very disappointing. And they saved the mens wear designer who failed again, this time creating clothes in his genre? I would like to hear the buyers state the reasons behind each elimination.

The dresses that were purchased were fabulous, though.

The slashed dress bought by Macys has already sold out!
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    The slashed dress bought by Macys has already sold out!
    Was that the black one with the horizontal slashes with the nude-colored lining? Gotta be honest, that was my LEAST favorite of everything they showed. I thought it looked so tacky and hoochie mama that only Heidi Klum would wear it.

+ Reply to Thread