+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I like this show and there are things I like much better about it over PR. I like that it's real clothing they have to sell to real buyers. Runway designs are fine but it doesn't translate to PR designers being able to sell what they create.

The dresses on PR can sometimes be quite beautiful. (sigh) But most of them will be for Hollywood stars or other rich/famous people. That's certainly who the designers there want to design for. I hate it when they do "real women" challenges and then the designers start bitching about how "I can only design for size 0 models." HELLO! Talk to big-name designers like Kors. They'll tell you they make most of their money in ready-to-wear. That's why I love "Fashion Star". It's so refreshing to see fashion matched with the real world.

I like that when the mentors and buyers give critiques they aren't cruel or condescending.

Sometimes I LOL at something the judges on PR say. But yeah, in general, it's nice to hear people being treated nicely.

I'm glad this year (due to the teams?) they gave equal time to all the designs. We didn't always see that last year. I hope that continues.

I thought that romper thing Macy's bought was ugly and was quite surprised they bought it. There were a couple items they bought I thought were worse than the guy they sent home. I wish we could have seen more of his designs.

Again, I agree. We're off to a good start.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

If he had just stuck to menswear.

I love the aesthetic of the designer from Milan. That coat dress was gorgeous. I also loved the menswear jacket/hoody - that looked so comfortable.

What I don't understand was the bidding war up to the max for the flirty dress with the droopy back hem.

I haven't heard of Express, but everyone seemed very pleased they were there. I'm guessing from the comments that they specialize in youthful, edgy design? I think one non mainstream store is needed in the buying and that is their role this year.

I love this show because it shows a real workplace with designers working with tailors/seamstresses and having time (a week?) to put together the garments. I wonder if the BFF boys will figure out how to do sexy next week, as that is the challenge.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

To the Point

Overall I thought the quality of all the clothes was higher this year, and this is just the first episode. I was sad for the guy who didn't make it to next week. I would have chosen either the lady who made the jacket or the two guys who made the dress. Guess that's why I don't get a say
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Why did the buyers bid so much on particular items when they could have won the round for much lower? Didn't make sense to me...

They really wanted that dress. I didn't like, but they think it will sell like hotcakes. That would be the only reason, I think, that a buyer would go to the max for an item.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    If he had just stuck to menswear.

I love the aesthetic of the designer from Milan. That coat dress was gorgeous.

That was my favorite item of the night. That's why I couldn't understand why only one buyer purchased it.

I haven't heard of Express, but everyone seemed very pleased they were there. I'm guessing from the comments that they specialize in youthful, edgy design? I think one non mainstream store is needed in the buying and that is their role this year.

I've never heard of them, either. Call me a snob, but if I were a designer, I'd want one of the department stores to pick me. Just my feeling, based on name recognition.

I love this show because it shows a real workplace with designers working with tailors/seamstresses and having time (a week?) to put together the garments. I wonder if the BFF boys will figure out how to do sexy next week, as that is the challenge.

Amen!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Express is a higher priced "mall" shop. The clothes are nice but you have to be a twig to wear them well. They also love color. You almost need sunglasses walking by their store, but I like color, too.

I loved the black dress with the ruffle around the bottom. I would soooo wear that.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I hate the dress that was highly embossed around the neck .The simpler dress - it came in two colours- , it was beautiful.OMG I would love that.

The coat dress was stunning

I loved the hoody, and I think I will keep an eye out for one like that- for me and Mr Mare.

I love this little show. I just knew Saks would not bid on something from Hunter, but they will be welcoming her back into the fold,I am pretty sure of that.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Wasn't she the one who got the highest bids ever in the competition from both Express and Saks and chose Saks?
    Imperfect1 likes this.

I thought Saks didn't enter a bid- who am I thinking of
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread