+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: Fashion Star (NBC)

Re: Fashion Star (NBC)

I saw part of it, they have changed some of it.I am hoping not too much. I am not a fan of the show PR.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I kind of feel the opposite way. I am so sick of Project Runway focusing on the designers bad-mouthing each other and their designs, that having Fashion Star NOT focus on that is really refreshing!!! I liked Fashion Star a lot last season, and I loved the concept of having real buyers actually bidding on carrying the clothes in their stores, and having the public being able to BUY the clothes!
    Florimel, justCoz, GabbyG and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I kind of feel the opposite way. I am so sick of Project Runway focusing on the designers bad-mouthing each other and their designs, that having Fashion Star NOT focus on that is really refreshing!!! I liked Fashion Star a lot last season, and I loved the concept of having real buyers actually bidding on carrying the clothes in their stores, and having the public being able to BUY the clothes!

PR has degenerated into just another tacky reality show with manufactured drama. I hate saying that, since it used to be my favorite show, but it's true. That's why I loved FS, because they really focused on the fashion and not any drama. Sure, there may have been designers that were irritating, but there was very little drama between the contestants since there were multiple winners (i.e. more than one designer could have his/her looks purchased by a buyer).

Hearing that there might be changes on FS worries me a little. Why in the heck do TPTB need to mess with a sucessful formula? Sometimes it works well (The Voice), many times it falls apart into a hot mess (PR).

And on a side note, why are they sticking it on a Friday? Wasn't this show a hit last year? Then why take a chance it will sink by being buried on this night?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    Me too! I stopped watching PR , its so dull. I hope they don't change this show too much
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I like this show. I am glad it is back. I have burned out on PR.
    Imperfect1 likes this.

Here we go! I'm so excited. And I don't mind the team thing at all. Whoo hoo!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Come back and post your thoughts, everyone.

I have 2.5 more hours.

Hope its good.
    KAREN

Loved it! Loved the designers, loved the clothes. Will definitely keep watching, as it's now my favorite reality show.

Didn't mind the the team thing at all. In fact, they're not really teams, are they, since they don't work together? I guess I should say I don't mind the designers being mentored. It doesn't take away from the basic concept of the show. PR, are you listening? This is how it's done!

Did feel sorry for the losing guy, though, since that wasn't his normal aesthetic. OTOH, maybe it would have been wiser to wait a few episodes before stepping out of his comfort zone. I thought the pair who did the dresses would go home. They were my least favorite of the night.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I agree with you, Babbred. It's so nice to see clothes that were designed to be sold and worn - instead of prom gowns made out of duct tape. What a breath of fresh air. And neither the hostess nor the mentors looked like hoochie mamas.
    NCLurker likes this.

I like this show and there are things I like much better about it over PR. I like that it's real clothing they have to sell to real buyers. Runway designs are fine but it doesn't translate to PR designers being able to sell what they create. I like that when the mentors and buyers give critiques they aren't cruel or condescending.

I'm glad this year (due to the teams?) they gave equal time to all the designs. We didn't always see that last year. I hope that continues.

I thought that romper thing Macy's bought was ugly and was quite surprised they bought it. There were a couple items they bought I thought were worse than the guy they sent home. I wish we could have seen more of his designs.
    sparklete likes this.

+ Reply to Thread